Multiple types of the same base spell, how to stop them all referring to one?

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I have two different types of blink on the same unit. One is a short blink with little cooldown, and the other is a long blink with a long cooldown. However, trying to use the long blink just results in the unit using the short blink. The only way to access the long blink is to order a blink while the short blink is on cooldown. I changed the order string on the long blink to farsight instead of blink to try and differentiate the two for the unit, but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to do this or can point me to a tutorial? I used the search function and didn't find anything that related (maybe I used it incorrectly). Thanks for any help in advance.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
All default WC3 abilities have a hardcoded order ID, which cannot be changed. That's why even after you changed it, it still referred to the other blink. Two abilities cannot have the same Order Id. There is one except to this rule: The Channel ability. It's Order Id can be changed to anything. What you want to do is base one of your blink spells on Channel, and then trigger the movement.

Here is a tutorial on using the Channel ability: Clickety Click!

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Thanks for the timely response :D I was really hoping this wasn't the case, but it isn't a big deal. Where did the reputation button go? I haven't been on the new forums since the layout changed apparently.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
At the bottom-left corner of his reply. And it doesn't have to be Channel - any point-target ability can be used if you trigger the movement.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It's true, Blink and Blink (Neutral). But both have the same order string, so that makes little difference.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.