Murder at the Mansion

If you've played Murder at the Mansion, did you think it was...

• Total voters

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I find it good, as 'murder in the lake' will be (I hope) :)
but I get nervous when killer's after me.
and I am rather sucker at riddles and stuff when I am nervous
and I get to be R.I.P.
lol

Tonks

Reaction score
Seth said:
The Admin's are pretty quick on that :) I wish you luck with getting some downloads and better yet, comments :p
Yea, definately :)

It's odd, but I don't find the map entirely great, I just find it incredibly addicting. It's short, it's interesting, and it creates suspense and I really love being killer :D

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
little advice, use Vexorian's map optimizer

when i played your murder in the mansion i could easily open it with WE and see where all the cheats went and where you needed to be to use them.

Tonks

Reaction score
That's.. sorta the point...
Otherwise would anyone be able to figure any of the secrets out?
And I figure if you're intelligent enough to open WE and look at the map - which over 50% of BNet isn't - then you deserve to know the secrets.
It's meant to be an open map.. I don't want it protected. I want people to be able to learn from it, and use it to make other better maps. I realise some people might just screw with it and put cheats in, but that's manageable.
I already know about Vex's opt. I'm going to use it on the expansion, but only because it's so big.
I'll make an open version readily available.

T

ThePixelator

Tonks said:
That's.. sorta the point...
Otherwise would anyone be able to figure any of the secrets out?
And I figure if you're intelligent enough to open WE and look at the map - which over 50% of BNet isn't - then you deserve to know the secrets.
It's meant to be an open map.. I don't want it protected. I want people to be able to learn from it, and use it to make other better maps. I realise some people might just screw with it and put cheats in, but that's manageable.
I already know about Vex's opt. I'm going to use it on the expansion, but only because it's so big.
I'll make an open version readily available.

Optimise and protect one version, and put (protected) in the file name. Then, release an unprotected version so people can edit it. This gives you credit, but gives people the opportunity to look at it in WE. Best of both worlds.

And to the poll, I like all aspects of the game, I would love to see a new version.

Tonks

Reaction score
ThePixelator said:
Optimise and protect one version, and put (protected) in the file name. Then, release an unprotected version so people can edit it. This gives you credit, but gives people the opportunity to look at it in WE. Best of both worlds.

And to the poll, I like all aspects of the game, I would love to see a new version.
Honestly, protectors aren't worth the time. It's really simple to open a protected map.
I didn't do anything to Murder at the mansion because it's small and doesn't need to be optimized.
Murder at the lake, unfortunately, is far too big for this to work out. I have to optimize it. I am going to leave my email on it for anyone who would like to open / edit it.
And I really don't care about getting credit for them. I don't really want to be well-known on BNet. Each man to his own, right?

Tonks

Reaction score
Whitesock said:
I haven't played it but from your posts it seems like you know the WE pretty well. I might try it some day if I get back in to mapping.
It's uploaded on the maps page, if you ever do want to try it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.