Mysterious new HotS unit

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
1 fast expansion max mineral harvest almost no vespene (150 total for the reactors) and rush marines, i won 4 games in a row like this, the problem is it is very vulnerable to cheese

how fast is fast expand? spine + bling = win? for mass marines.

And to bloodcount, if you exchange equalish assuming in supply army, wouldnt a zerg come out ahead? But then if your terran who needs scv when you have mules?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
And to bloodcount, if you exchange equalish assuming in supply army, wouldnt a zerg come out ahead? But then if your terran who needs scv when you have mules?

Depends entirely on the situation. The one with more income is ahead. Also I was referring mainly for tvt and tvp. The way I play tvz the zerg doesn't have workers nor larva so I don't worry about a counter attack after an army exchange ^_^

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Yeah, hallucinated void rays are obviously overpowered. Why didn't we notice?! :)

epoc...

and btw the most epic strat tvp is reaper harass the mineral line, with the speed research they are faster than any prot units, and deal enough damage to clear a mineral line fast with 8ish of them and even strong enough to kill expansions with ease

it needs good micro but u can kite the enemy around without a single reaper dying if u are a prow kiter

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
epoc...

and btw the most epic strat tvp is reaper harass the mineral line, with the speed research they are faster than any prot units, and deal enough damage to clear a mineral line fast with 8ish of them and even strong enough to kill expansions with ease

it needs good micro but u can kite the enemy around without a single reaper dying if u are a prow kiter
I dont think so, the condition should rather be if your enemy is either the most stupid player on earth or afk.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
I dont think so, the condition should rather be if your enemy is either the most stupid player on earth or afk.

by that logic, every gold player on NA team games is stupid

there is something satisfying about killing colossi with reapers

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
by that logic, every gold player on NA team games is stupid

there is something satisfying about killing colossi with reapers

even if the player is afk you cant kill colossi with reapers... really dont know where that logic came from...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Let's keep on topic guys.

Shredder gameplay, honestly the zerg wasn't that smart...

[video=youtube;qWfa_ux-66Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWfa_ux-66Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
1 fast expansion max mineral harvest almost no vespene (150 total for the reactors) and rush marines, i won 4 games in a row like this, the problem is it is very vulnerable to cheese

I have to call fake on this one. If you have 150 marines by the 5 minute mark that would mean you would be MAXED before a 4gate hits. Also, most cheeses hit around or after the 5 minute mark or way earlier(so early that you can abandon this plan and defend instead).

I tried 150 marines with a build order optimizer that uses genetic algorithms(basically a program that finds the most fastest way to get stuff. It's been going for a while now and it still can't find a faster way than 15 minutes.

15 minutes sounds way more probable. I mean, I think most people agree that zerg can get maxed out the fastest and even professional macro zergs take around 13-14 minutes to max out.

I might be wrong, but I wont believe it without a replay or two.

Anyway, I believe shredder drops are going to be very powerful. I think they might get a slight dps nerf as well as a longer burrow time. Still, if you don't notice the red dot on your minimap and only notice it when you get the "Your units are under attack" alert, you're screwed. Your mineral line is dead.

Also, attacking it with drones is obviously not going to work when it has that much hp. Lings wont work either. Queens and roaches will work though. This might mean that you have to get a roach warren and a couple of roaches if you scout him going shredders.

GFreak45

Reaction score
that was an estimation, thanks for taking it way too far, but i wasnt meaning exactly 5 mins or exactly 150, just estimating...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that was an estimation, thanks for taking it way too far, but i wasnt meaning exactly 5 mins or exactly 150, just estimating...

But it doesn't sound as bad if you use real numbers. For example:

Try beating 150 zerglings in >5 minutes?

Impossible; but someone may believe it. There is a lot of difference between 5 minutes and 15 minutes.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i was saying 150, as in an exageration, like 150, like a trillion, would you take any number seriously?
i was meaning an early expansion and marine spam rush with 3 barracks

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i was saying 150, as in an exageration, like 150, like a trillion, would you take any number seriously?
i was meaning an early expansion and marine spam rush with 3 barracks

But that is easy to scout and countering it isn't too bad. Just get a few marines of your own and some sieges out.

GFreak45

Reaction score
assuming you arent toss or zerg, in which case its gg anyway by the time they have 3 baracks and an expo

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
assuming you arent toss or zerg, in which case its gg anyway by the time they have 3 baracks and an expo

There are counters with every race. I don't really play any other race though, so I can't say exactly what they are, although they may be more micro intensive.

Mass marines will only work to some extent. When you reach a level where people counter it, it becomes obsolete.

GFreak45

Reaction score
zerg can go blings to put a hole in the marines if the player is bad, if not they just stimpack around... as far as toss the only thing close to a counter is spamming units as well, with a few shields up they can do somewhat well against pure marines

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
zerg can go blings to put a hole in the marines if the player is bad, if not they just stimpack around... as far as toss the only thing close to a counter is spamming units as well, with a few shields up they can do somewhat well against pure marines
I dont know if we are talking about same game or if you are playing wood league.
Mass marines will do absolutely nothing against a protoss opponent.

All it takes to defeat your 150 marine early push is a single sentry with a single force field.
your marines wont even be able to attack while they are being shred to pieces.
As a meassure of containing the enemy? way too expensive, if it was effective the pro's would already do it.

As terran you can counter mass marines exactly as easy. Build bunkers.
Marines suck against other marines in bunkers, especially if these bunkers are on the high ground with only a small ramp leading to it. especially if these bunkers are even repaired in the engagement.

If starcraft 2 would really be as easy as "mass marines and push early" the tournaments around the world would hardly offer 5 digit sums for the first places.
What you describe works only against beginners, and beating beginners or people who are outright stupid is nothing to be proud of.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.