Need help with four questions

Misseo

Reaction score
I've been fiddling for a few days with four questions, trying to make them work using a few triggers and
spells, but unsuccesful. And now I've been searching around on these boards for about an hour looking for
answers, once again unsuccesful. I'm sure they're around, so I would like to apologise in advance for making
a new topic with questions that's probably been answered a few hundred times.

The questions are as following:

1. I've changed a guard tower into having the model of "Tree of Eternity/Tree of Ages/Tree of Life". My problem is
that this tower is uprooted when the construction has finished. I would like it to start as rooted (and stay that
way throughout the game), but without having to give them the "root/uproot"-ability. How can I do this?

2. This is the question that I believe must've been answered at least 200 times. I need my tower to autocast "shockwave"
everytime the cooldown is over. How do I make this spell autocast?

3. I need a certain tower to give me X wood / Y sek. Let's say I need each guard tower to give me '1 wood/10 sec'
(Having two guard towers would obviously give me 2 wood/10 sec), but only when it's active. If the tower is
sold or destroyed, it should immediatly stop giving me 1 wood/10 sec. Is this possible and how?

4. When I've trained a worker from my main tower, I need a trigger which removes the "Train Worker"-button from this tower,
so one only can have a single active worker at a time. I've tried working around this trigger:

removeworker.png

I gave the Town Hall the "Sell units"-ability, so that shouldn't be the problem. Which trigger should I use here?

I hope someone can help me.
Cheers, Misseo :)

LightChaosma

Reaction score
1: give it clasification acient??
other than that i dont really have a clue...

2: make the CD of shockwave like 0.10 shorter as tower CD

make trigger:
e
unit is attacked
c
unit type of attacking ujnit == tower
a
order attacking unit to shockwave

triggers

add those towers to a preset unitgroup(i guess u know how)

trigger
e
every 10 seconds of the game
c

a
pick every unit in (urunitgrouphere)
add 1 lumber to owner of (picked unit)

then ur event is wrong, unit finishes selling a unit, or unit selles a unit or so

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1: give it clasification acient??
other than that i dont really have a clue...

2: make the CD of shockwave like 0.10 shorter as tower CD

make trigger:
e
unit is attacked
c
unit type of attacking ujnit == tower
a
order attacking unit to shockwave

triggers

add those towers to a preset unitgroup(i guess u know how)

trigger
e
every 10 seconds of the game
c

a
pick every unit in (urunitgrouphere)
add 1 lumber to owner of (picked unit)

then ur event is wrong, unit finishes selling a unit, or unit selles a unit or so​

It's very unclear what you mean, and I don't think the OP can understand you either. Please try to use WC3 Tags. If you do not know how to use them, refer to the stickies of this forum.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Welcome to the Helper!!!

change the required animation names in the Art section to match the ones on the normal Tree of Life/Ages/Eternity
Trigger:
  • Autocast Shockwave
    • Events
      • Time - Every (Cooldown of shockwave) seconds of game time)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in playable map area matching (Unit type of (Matching Unit) equal to (Your Tower)) and do actions:
        • Loop
          • Unit - Order (Picked Unit) to (Orc - Tauren Cheiften Shockwave)) (Your point here)

Trigger:
  • Rescource Towers
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in playable map area matching (Unit type of (Matching Unit) equal to Rescource Tower) and do actions:
        • Loop
          • Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Picked Unit))s gold

You should change Selling unit to triggering unit

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Rescource Towers
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in playable map area matching (Unit type of (Matching Unit) equal to Rescource Tower) and do actions:
        • Loop
          • Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Picked Unit))s LUMBER
Guess that was what you meant.:p

Misseo

Reaction score
Thank you! The help is much appreciated, but unfortunately still doesnt work. Not sure what I've done wrong though.

1. Seems like you if you remove 'root/uproot', it just won't root.

2. I still have a problem here as well:

shockwaveo.jpg

at the red box marked with 1, I'm having trouble finding out what to enter to get (Cooldown of Shockwave) up? At the two boxes marked with 2, I used "Unit - Issue order targeting a unit" and here I can't find (Orc - Tauren Chieften Shockwave) nor what I should replace (Your point here) with to make it attack any unit that gets in range of the spell? I'd also like to know what to do, if I want to use a costum spell?

3. I should've written that I already tried this, sorry. Problem with this trigger is, that when a tower is destroyed, it still gives you 1 wood/10 sec.

4. Pretty much tried replacing "Selling unit/Sold unit/Trained Unit" with everything, and it still doesn't work. Is it only possible, if the tower you buy it from is neutral?

Hope you can help me further :)

madd_999

Reaction score
try to set "art - Requirement animation names" to alternate

try this trigger:
Trigger:
  • auto shockwave
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Guard Tower
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Attacked unit))

3. it shoudent do that.. becous if there is no building you will get a loop that will run 0 times adding 0 times 10 wood every 10 seconds

4. does he need to remove the button after your unit is trained of just remove it at all??

if its after use this trigger:
Trigger:
  • only 1 builder
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to worker
    • Actions
      • Player - Make worker Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

(this trigger only works for player 1, but i think you know how to make it work for more players :p..)

Marsmallos

Reaction score
at the red box marked with 1, I'm having trouble finding out what to enter to get (Cooldown of Shockwave) up? At the two boxes marked with 2, I used "Unit - Issue order targeting a unit" and here I can't find (Orc - Tauren Chieften Shockwave) nor what I should replace (Your point here) with to make it attack any unit that gets in range of the spell? I'd also like to know what to do, if I want to use a costum spell?

1. no (cooldown of shockwave) function exists. He just means that you enter the cooldown for shockwave there, i e 10 seconds, if that is your cooldown
2. Orc Tauren Cheftain Shockwave is a Ability Targetting a Point action. Once you got that one right you'll be able to enter the point where he should aim the ability.

but really, just use the trigger madd_999 posted instead
Trigger:
  • auto shockwave
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Guard Tower
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Attacked unit))

Misseo

Reaction score
1. no (cooldown of shockwave) function exists. He just means that you enter the cooldown for shockwave there, i e 10 seconds, if that is your cooldown
2. Orc Tauren Cheftain Shockwave is a Ability Targetting a Point action. Once you got that one right you'll be able to enter the point where he should aim the ability.

Seriously, how could I be this stupid :p ?

madd_999, you're the man! Thanks a bunch!

I still can't make the third trigger work (that would be my third question). I did this:

harvestlumber.jpg

and compare to

Trigger:
  • Rescource Towers
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop
          • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Picked Unit))s lumber

The problem still is that when a tower is destroyed, it still gives you 1 wood/10 sec. Can't see what I did wrong?

madd_999

Reaction score
it should have worked..

Seriously, how could I be this stupid :p ?

madd_999, you're the man! Thanks a bunch!

I still can't make the third trigger work (that would be my third question). I did this:

harvestlumber.jpg

and compare to

Trigger:
  • Rescource Towers
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop
          • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Picked Unit))s lumber

The problem still is that when a tower is destroyed, it still gives you 1 wood/10 sec. Can't see what I did wrong?

your not doing anything wrong as far as i know..
i used this trigger to test it:
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time //just to make the test time lower
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 10000 // so i can build infinite scout towers
      • Set wood_given = (Number of units in (Last created unit group))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Scout Tower)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current lumber
          • Set wood_given = (wood_given + 1)// to count the amount wood that should be given
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(wood_given))//to give me the message how much wood is given
      • Set wood_given = 0//to reset the amount of wood for the next run..

and it worked.. the only thing i added were the checks for the amount of wood given.. and the gold gain so i could build infinite scout towers..

something i did notice that i only needed to start building my scout tower to get the wood and leave them unfinished..

Attachments

• testmap.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 161

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
1: Don't Know Sorry

2: I would make a periodic trigger that orders the tower to use the spell.

3:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add ((Number of living Scout Tower units owned by (Picked player)) x 1) to (Picked player) Current lumber

4: You will need to add the unit via trigger to remove it using the trigger.

Misseo

Reaction score
Sweet, I got all four working now. Thanks!

But now I'm stuck with another problem :p

I need a sell button for my towers (returning 50% of the paid gold), and I've used this trigger:

selltower.png

Thing is, no matter how much cash the tower cost, it only returns 50 gold. What should I change?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.