WIP need help with map

nemesispoi

Reaction score
ive thought of a game but i going to need some help making the map

my idea is...

there is one player who is king
the other players have to try to overthrow the king by building different types of structures and units
when the king is eventuall overthrown, the person who overthrew him will be king

and the cycle keeps going until it is down to the last person

things to consider
need a place for the king
need a big enough area for 11 players
need someway to get gold and lumber

any help would be appreciated

if someone submits a map that i think is really good, they will get + rep and possibly used for the game

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Is there an advantage connected to being king, because as you say, the game is won when you're the last player left to become king, so what would prevent me from just playing the waiting game?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
rofl, love doing those exploits to win. :D

Ok, so you want a map? that is like the idea you suggested? so you can take and use? lol

And from Sirroelivan's point, perhaps you should make it so that like every second you are King, you gain points. At the end of the game timer, whoever has the most points wins the game. That way people actually want to be King and defend it. :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
agreed. if i was playing that all i would do was build buildings and units and while the others are losing their units and buildings attempting to become king then when the last person instantly becomes king rush him with ur massive MASSIVE army and his army will be just injured completely from getting king and u win.

an idea: why not make red the king, and make the player fight each other in an FFA style fight, and the last remaining player gets to fight the king, and do it like predator style, so after that round comes a new round where a new random person gets to be king.

nemesispoi

Reaction score
okay both TeeAichSee and thewrongvine have good ideas, but i still need help with the map

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
if someone submits a map that i think is really good, they will get + rep and possibly used for the game

Do you expect other to make the map for you? Map making might seem difficult, but experience makes it easier. Mapmaking and learning how to make a map is trial and error and takes time and work. You can't expect other people to make your map, make it yourself and you'll find it more satisfying.

Try making a map yourself, and ask people to help improve it, just don't expect people to make the map for you.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Suggestions have been posted, you can start making the map, build the terrain, maybe start out with regular melee races if you don't have a lot of inspiration, etc...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes. I have one.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91609

But you don't need to go all fancy yet.

Er... have you ever made a map before? Just asking.

Anyway, start by at least creating the map itself, and making the basic terraining such as the bases, and extras, and things. Also make some units once the base terraining is done.

EDIT: Woah, now I see that my tut was pretty bad for my own standards, too. lol, the quality of the pictures were pretty bad, too :/ :D

nemesispoi

Reaction score
yeah i made a map called ant wars in the members projec section, but its nothing fancy, i just had the idea in my head for a long time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.