Need help with triggers

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
JASS:
function apem takes nothing returns nothing
local trigger t=GetTriggeringTrigger()
local integer i=GetHandleId(t)
local unit u=LoadUnitHandle(udg_hashtable,i,25)
call RemoveUnit(u)
call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
endfunction

function arem takes nothing returns nothing
local unit u=CreateUnit(Player(15),'hpea',0,0,0)
local trigger t=CreateTrigger()
local integer i=GetHandleId(t)
call SaveUnitHandle(udg_hashtable,i,25,u)
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic(t,0.2)
call TriggerAddAction(t,function apem)
endfunction
//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger aga=CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent( aga, Player(0), "-s", true )
    call TriggerAddAction( aga, function arem )
endfunction

globals
trigger InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001=null
hashtable udg_hashtable
endglobals

Should be: after typing, create unit for 0.2 sec, then delete him. Since I dont know, how many times it will be written, i should use hashtable, right?
But (LoadUnitHandle(udg_hashtable,i,25)) return nothing instead unit. Syntax checker said that here OK, and it should, but still - doesnt work on this line.
What I did wrong?

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Maybe timers003 should be udg_timers003?

dracolich

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
no, it just "native" function of map, and i left udg_ part for my vars, and declare all of them.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
You are running a lot of things locally every 0.02 seconds, and a lot of that local code doesn't look like it's desync-safe. Remove the condition, remove your BJs and use a single if condition with as little local code as possible in it (in fact test your code first without the GetLocalPlayer() call to confirm it's desyncing 0.02 seconds into the game). After your code is all cleaned up repost it.

PS: loc_integer01 (and similar) is a terrible variable name. It tells you nothing about the purpose or function of the variable. Something more like [ljass]local integer playerid[/ljass] is much more sensible.

Now that I've noticed it, you store the owner of the enum unit in player, player id + 1 in integer01, and player id in integer02. WTF.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
call ? you mean set.

According to what you said, it would be...

JASS:
set InitHashtable= //something

You call InitHashtable, you don't change its value. There is no variable called InitHashtable, anyways, this ain't JavaScript. :p

You don't set InitHashtable, you call InitHashtable and set udg_hashtable to the value it returns. But you do call InitHashtable. So, technically, Tamisrah is right.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Ashlebede

wrong

What Hatebreeder means is... you don't should [ljass]call InitHashtable()[/ljass], this must be [ljass]set <variable> = InitHashtable()[/ljass]

you can call it but of course you can't refer to that hashtable :)

Tamisrah

Reaction score
Yeah sorry for the unprecise statement :eek:

JASS:
set udg_hashtable = InitHashtable() // &lt;- this is needed

I refered to it as "call" since InitHashtable is a function. But ofc you're right to say that to use it you need it for "set"ting the variable.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
@Ashlebede

wrong

What Hatebreeder means is... you don't should [ljass]call InitHashtable()[/ljass], this must be [ljass]set <variable> = InitHashtable()[/ljass]

you can call it but of course you can't refer to that hashtable :)

He does, but just because Tamisrah wasn't explicit in his/her/its statement, Hatebreeder said he/she/it doesn't call InitHashtable, but sets it.

So, because he wasn't explicit in his own statement, I gave him a taste of his own medicine. A bit like telling a grammer nazi he makes grammar mistakes.

And when you set a variable to the value returned by a function or native, you still call it. You just don't use the keyword call. For instance, in C (or pretty much any other language than Assembly), you don't use the keyword call, but people still call a function when they use it. Just like they set a variable without using the keyword set. And since he said

"Replace the word 'call' in 'call InitHashtable()' with the keyword 'set' "

It pretty much mean it should be 'set InitHashtable()'.

I ain't stupid, I know what he meant. But he probably knows what Tamisrah meant, as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.