Arena Never Ending Agony

Okunevic

Reaction score
I would like to present you a Hero Arena project , called Never Ending Agony .

Storyline: Spirits of Ancient Champions have been cursed to feel incredible pain for the rest of eternity . But now they've found an opportunity , they've found a secret dungeon in which bodies of all the champions were locked . Soon after that , spirits have found out a way to get rid of this curse , they need to take the body of a champion , and defeat the evil Wizard Slannesh who has encaptured and cursed them . But there is one problem , only 1 soul will be freed , others will never find a way to stop the pain . So spirits took the bodies of champions , and prepared for the greatest battle in the history of universe !!!

Features:
Intense and non monotonic gameplay
Balanced and triggered heroes (I won't be afraid to spend weeks/months to make perfect balance)
Dynamic spells that won't lose their power in late game (unlike DotA)
Wide choice of items allowing hundreds of different item builds
Mini Bosses with AI and abilities (not simple 10 min hitting)
Interesting spell system - each player has 4 abilities , upgradeable from lvl 1 , each ability has 15 levels (not sure about the number) , but hero can level up to a maximum of level 20 , providing possibilities for hundreds of ability builds
FFA or Team Gameplay (includes teams of 2 , teams of 4 and team survival mode , where even the Slannesh himself won't look so tough)
And much more ... (ideas are welcome)

Our Team:
Team's Leader , spellmaker , triggerer and general editor-Okunevic
To Be Filled

Current terrain was done by Redscores

Help needed:
Terrainer for some boss places (redscores decided to left the team because I decided to make 1 of the bosses undead)
Icon Maker (Same old icons are boring , aren't they?)
Bug testers (It's hard to find all the bugs alone)
Idea/Suggestion givers (for game modes , spells and etc)
I can make triggered spells myself , but , extra hand is always welcome :p

More detailed information (Requested from Discipline):
What will make the gameplay both intense and non-monotonous?

The event you suggested (the 4 spirit thing)
Powerful Mini-bosses
Lots of events (armagedon , rise of the dead and much more)
Effective item combos and upgrades
What are some examples of these dynamic spells?

Sorry I don't have any examples at the moment , not worth showing yet ;]
How do the bosses fit into the gameplay?

Each boss will have his chamber's entrance place . Once a player enters his chamber , he gets locked until 1 of them (person or boss) dies . If person dies , chamber unlocks and boss fully regains his HP/MP .

In what ways is your spell system planning to be unique?

Each player has 4 abilities , upgradeable from lvl 1 , each ability has 15 levels (not sure about the number) , but hero can level up to a maximum of level 20 , providing possibilities for hundreds of ability builds

Well, sounds like just another Angel Arena, with more balance. I say this, because the plots are pretty much the same. "Choose the body of a fallen champion to regain your glory."

No it will NOT be like AA . In my map there will be no crappy tomes and useless spells , in my map Item builds/combos/upgrades will dominate , so to win you'll have to use your brain , not just mindlessly buy the stat books ;P

Please post your ideas , suggestions and please notify me if you'd like to join the project ;]

Screenshots:

WC3ScrnShot_080708_181947_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_080708_181921_01.jpg

Ignore the names/icons and etc , this is just to show you examples of the terrain

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Stop bumping so much... Anyway, I will comment on your map from what I can see.
The cactus cage thing looks... weird. It looks stupid to summon cactuses around an enemy, especially in a place with a shallow river -.-. You might want to rethink the idea and use something else, just not trees cos it will be like dota. (not that I hate or love dota but be original) Maybe vines?
You might want to use another hero selection system cos the arena selection system takes up lots of space... So maybe use something else.
If possible, take more screenies cos I want to see the other spells :D

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
id be glad to help making spells

i like hero sieges but when you get like tomes you can just win by buying out all the freaking tomes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.