New AoS project, looking for crew.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
So I've been thinking of starting a new AoS project, and I'm looking for a crew for this project.

I've got no concept whatsoever, this is to be discussed when the whole crew is gathered and ready to go.

What I'm looking for is:

1) Terrainer/Terrainers. Prio #1, I fail big time at terraining.

2) People with creative ideas and similar for map layout and heroes/spells.

3) One or two triggerers (excluding me), preferably JASS triggerers.

So if you've got some spare time and feel like creating the next kickass AoS, post here and we'll discuss further.

Note: This is not going to be yet another DotA copy, I'm planning on making this original to play.

Edit: Posted in wrong section.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
(2)Sounds cool, im always in when it comes to new ideas. Especially with heroes and spells. (1) Guess im somewhat decent on terraining if absolutely needed ;)
(3)(Not a good triggerer :p)

Allthough if im gonna join a crew id like to see some more consistence to this, what's the basic layout? How do you win? What's new with this one? Etc.

Reaction score
Would be interested in the triggering/scripting roles. Could information be supplied about the project?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I wish I could help, but I have exams coming up soon so... if you are still working on the project in mid-June and looking for helpers, I'd like to help ^^

I can offer you the spells that I've made though, if they are of any use :)

Maybe you should put off looking for a terrainer until you have some worthwhile amount of stuff done (unless you already have). Would be a shame to get the terrain done, then drop the project for some reason or another.

T

TheLastAce

I would be interested in either the trigger role, or the conception of heros and abilities role.

The majority of my triggering experience has to do with GUI, however I have scripted a few triggers with JASS. Also, my major is Programming with a dual degree with mathematics, so with a little bit of guidiance JASS shouldn't be too difficult to learn.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
i probably can do some jass triggering for some hero spells or something if you still need people^^

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
I can do some creative thinking and triggers in GUI a bit in Jass, (Converted triggers) :p
I can do some modelling, skinning and animating too. :)

I want to get a project fully done, so far I haven't made one totally done. :D

-Tbh I have an Aos map at my comp, with some humans fighting some orcs, not fully done, far from... If we wanna take a look at it/get some inspiration. (Got some heroes in it too, with triggered spells and such)

Larcenist

Reaction score
The whole concept and everything is to be planned out together with the rest of the crew, so that's it's not my map but our map.

So the current positions:

Terrainer:

WastedSavior

Ideas and stuff:

FroznYoghurt*
TheLastAce
OneBadPsycho
Sajberhippie

Triggerers:

Myself
TheDamien
Flare

*Assuming you still want to take part in the project.

If everyone is still into joining the project I've got everyone I need.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

Why wouldn't I (not sure about everyone else, but I suppose they wouldn't put their names forward otherwise :p) still want to take part in the project, I will have a little bit of time week after this (around the 28th), and I will have another week (12th of June or so) before my last exam then I will have a good amount of time to make spells :)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm no pro. terrainer but if you like the map i attached i would love to join as terrainer:)

well the next week i'll be alot offline.. going for a study trip wih my school...

(plz dont begin to fix my map and that stuff, just take a look at the terrain)

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of starting a new AoS project, and I'm looking for a crew for this project.

I've got no concept whatsoever, this is to be discussed when the whole crew is gathered and ready to go.

What I'm looking for is:

2) People with creative ideas and similar for map layout and heroes/spells.

3) One or two triggerers (excluding me), preferably JASS triggerers.

So if you've got some spare time and feel like creating the next kickass AoS, post here and we'll discuss further.

Note: This is not going to be yet another DotA copy, I'm planning on making this original to play.

Edit: Posted in wrong section.

While I'm worthless at terraining and just know basic triggering (although I'm getting the hang of it more and more now!), I think I could come up with some ideas.

Larcenist

Reaction score
@ Sajberhippie: Excellent, still looking for a terrainer to start this project up though. I think we got pretty much everything we need but the terrainer/terrainers now.

@ X-maul: That map felt a little too monotone for my liking, and the terrain didn't really melt together too good.

X-maul

Reaction score
okay:) well, you decide:thup: actually i just wanted someone to rate it:p but thx, then i'll begin to make it fit together:D

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I've got a great deal of Terraining experience, and i enjoy doing it.

I'd be willing to terrain if the project seems to be going somewhere.

I can send you some representations of my work to see if i suite your needs, and i can get a feel for your dedication to the project. :eek:

X-maul

Reaction score
dooooh i found the fail with my map -.-' i've attached the wrong map:rolleyes: well here is the right one

Larcenist

Reaction score
This project is sure to be going somewhere, so I'd be glad if you would want to deal with the terrain.

T

TheLastAce

I am still interested, but more details as to how we communicate and a little direction would be nice.

X-maul

Reaction score
just an little spelling error: in the "job-list" you've spelled "TheLastAce" as "TheLastAge"

btw Í would get kinda enoyed by people spelling my name wrong:p

(i'm bored tonight^^)

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
The whole concept and everything is to be planned out together with the rest of the crew, so that's it's not my map but our map.

So the current positions:

Terrainer:

WastedSavior

Ideas and stuff:

FroznYoghurt*
TheLastAce
OneBadPsycho*
Sajberhippie

Triggerers:

Myself
TheDamien*
Flare

If everyone is still into joining the project I've got everyone I need.

Yes I wanna join, but I have exams coming up in June too.
-and no models needed? even for spells?

EDIT: Oh, just figured: Ideas and stuff, includes models...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.