New Program (World Editor Helper) Need Requests

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
O.K I'm making a program that will make triggers for you automatically like how my AutoResizer did (see sig) I want to know which triggers are useful (for beginners). All I have at the moment:

Bounty and Unit Trigger from my Tutorial

triggerpx0.gif

I will like to have as many as possible. :)

Edit: Here is my program preview (note: this is not the final product)

Attachments

• Warcraft 3 Helper.zip
    222 KB · Views: 354

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I loaded up WE after telling bot to add bounty and when WE loaded it just flipped out, created new map, and screwed up the settings. No bounty. wtf?

ReVolver

Reaction score
I loaded up WE after telling bot to add bounty and when WE loaded it just flipped out, created new map, and screwed up the settings. No bounty. wtf?

The problem is that you didn't have your map opened. Once you open your map then turn on the bot. I might have to add a comment in my program. :eek:

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Very nice idea Orc, I'd suggest you to implement alot of maze making triggers since alot of people here at TH ask maze related questions all the time.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The first time t told it to make a bounty trigger it used the wrong trigger action (it used give gold)

The second time it worked. lol.

As for a trigger, a basic sliding setup would be good to go in.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I'd suggest that you change the name to avoid confusion (a tool named World Editor Helper exists).
And would be nice if you could release the source.

S

Sunny_D

I want to know which triggers are useful (for beginners)

can you work with specific units/etc so that following is possible as well?

cz i could imagine that following triggers could be useful for beginners:

- if you enter a region your unit gets beamed to another location (with camera)
- spawn units for example periodically with a timer
- open and close a gate (destructible) - with a switch or when you come near the gate
- quest appears if you are close to a quest-giving unit
- attach an exclamation mark over a quest-giving units head

if not, then ignore tis post ;)

ReVolver

Reaction score
I'd suggest that you change the name to avoid confusion (a tool named World Editor Helper exists).
And would be nice if you could release the source.

Alright I will release the source when I finish it.

Now I need a new name ... what should I name it?

I will really appreciate it if you can submit already made triggers like how I did so its saves me time from making them and converting it into my program. :)

Alright thanks for some of the ideas. I'm going to add more right now :shades:

Tonks

Reaction score
You should really just surf through the old pages of the WE Help zone and see which kinds of triggers are requested more than say, 5 times.

A couple off the top of my head: Sliding, Hero Revival, Gold loss for dying, Doublekill-Multikill-Ultrakill system, etc. Basically the more wanted ones along with some neat ones.
You should also add descriptions of how they work in the "Comments" area, which is above the trigger.

How about the "Quick Trigger Writer?"

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
what about "WE Trigger Generator"? :D

That sounds ok.

How about 'World Editor Trigger Creater'?

:p

I will really appreciate it if you can submit already made triggers like how I did so its saves me time from making them and converting it into my program.

So we just post our triggers here? You don't need them in a map?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Heh, you should make a program which allows easy editing of all the units (ex. put in which units, what variables to change, and what to change them to, and it changes them for you :p)

ReVolver

Reaction score
That sounds ok.

How about 'World Editor Trigger Creator'?

:p

So we just post our triggers here? You don't need them in a map?

Sure you can post a trigger here .. you don't have to submit a map. :)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well there are plenty of useful triggers in the Free Trigger Code :p

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Will be submitted: Randomised Hero Revive locations.

Do you need your triggers in GUI, or can JASS triggers be submitted too?
There's a number of ways of doing Randomised Hero Revive locations, and each method has its Pros and Cons.
Currently I'm in the process of creating a randomised Player Start Location trigger. I'll give you the trigger once I'm done and tested. This will allow newbie map makers to just use "Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees" or whatever they need. The Player Start location could change every time a map is loaded.

I'm not sure if this method will work yet as it's untested, but I'll let you know.

S

Sunny_D

hm... i hope maps are ok as well... i made a small one where i put the triggers in i suggested above... it was easier now... kept the triggers simple :p but mb this are still some that newbies would ask for... mb i find some time to think of some advanced triggers tomorrow...

btw i didnt bother about mem-leaks as i dont have much experience with that, sry ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A frequent unit spawn trigger. Every x second creates 1 unit for x players and the such.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.