Newbie Questions

Raveren

Reaction score
Newbie Questions *TD*

Hi I'm newb here and in World Editor.
I'm making a TD. I have now a lot of triggers and problems ;D I have a hope You can help me :)
1. I have a trigger which instantly move the creeps to next area (from Player 1 to Player 2, Pl2 to Pl3, Pl3 to Pl4 and Pl4 to Pl1) All mobs must done only one loop around a map. I have a 8 Regions (start*4 and end*4) and... in All players is noproblem but in Red... ugh... creeps dont wanna go to Red-End region. They wanna go to Purple-End Region T_T Yellow is OK but next creeps (orange green and pink) isn't. There are my triggers in red area.

"PickAllCreepsInGroups"
Events - Every 1second of the game
Condition - nothing
Actions:
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 5 (Yellow) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 6 (Orange) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 7 (Green) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 8 (Pink) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
etc for all areas.
---------
Trigger - Run Red(ignoring Conditions)

Yaa... units in groups. Now trigger Red

Events - Nothing
Conditions - Nothing
Actions:
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in (RedAttack) and do (Unit - Order(Picked Unit) to Move (Random point in RedEnd)

What isn't good in these triggers?

2: Spawning - I want to do a Spawn mobs when players kill every creep or when isn't anymore creep on the map.
How i Can do it?

I have a hope You can Help me and BIG sorry for my VERY BAD English:( (I have only 14 years lol and I'm from Poland)

Ohhh ya... i forgot - I USED A SEARCH!! :D Sorry but many forums dont like Non searching users ;d

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im too exhausted to answer some of your question, but all i can is. that the users of theese forums. HATE non searchers XD :thup:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Use code tags. Read the rules.
Code:
"PickAllCreepsInGroups"
Events - Every 1second of the game
Condition - nothing
Actions:
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 5 (Yellow) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 6 (Orange) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 7 (Green) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in(Units in RedAttack) Owned by Player 8 (Pink) and do (UnitGroup - Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
etc for all areas.
---------
Trigger - Run Red(ignoring Conditions)
Well, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that, except for its leakfull-ness and its non-efficiency.
Code:
Events - Nothing
Conditions - Nothing
Actions:
UnitGroup - Pick every unit in (RedAttack) and do (Unit - Order(Picked Unit) to Move (Random point in RedEnd)
That leaks. Also, don't use random point; use Center of Region.
Code:
What isn't good in these triggers?
  • They leak
  • They are inefficient
  • They could be combined into one trigger
  • They don't seem to make very much sense

Raveren

Reaction score
Hmmm ok i used one of tutorials on this site with this triggers. in second trigger i used a center of region and that istn help ;/
But thx for help.
Also map looks like that:
http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diablotdqy6.png

Knight7770 said my triggers is leakfull - i know that because I'm only a newbie in WE T_T but the Triggers in other Players areas works, why?
Yellow in Red,Blue,Cyan and Purple goes normally, Orange in Blue,Cyan and Purple too. Green in Cyan and purple too and Pink ONLY in Purple ;/

In Player 1 Area is a cyan elipse - This is the spawn for creeps.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Code:
Add (PickedUnit) to AttackRed
what was the point of adding them to attackred? i dont see you using it, looks useless.

Raveren

Reaction score
OMG sorry i using a variables in polish name and this is a bug here on the forum :D AttackRed is a Variable, Group and #2 uses it :F
So its only a my mistake sorry.
RedAttack is a region.

-----Edit------

Hmmm ok I write a code of this 2 triggers.
Code:
Startup Movement
    Wydarzenia
        Czas - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Warunki
    Akcje
        -------- Put Units into Groups --------
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen> owned by Gracz 5(Żółty)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakRed)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen> owned by Gracz 6 (Pomarańczowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakRed)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen> owned by Gracz 7 (Zielony)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakRed)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen> owned by Gracz 8 (Różowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakRed)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 002 <gen> owned by Gracz 5 (Żółty)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakBlue)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 002 <gen> owned by Gracz 6 (Pomarańczowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakBlue)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 002 <gen> owned by Gracz 7 (Zielony)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakBlue)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 002 <gen> owned by Gracz 8 (Różowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakBlue)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 004 <gen> owned by Gracz 5 (Żółty)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakCyan)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 004 <gen> owned by Gracz 6 (Pomarańczowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakCyan)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 004 <gen> owned by Gracz 7 (Zielony)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakCyan)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 004 <gen> owned by Gracz 8 (Różowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakCyan)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 006 <gen> owned by Gracz 5 (Żółty)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakPurple)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 006 <gen> owned by Gracz 6 (Pomarańczowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakPurple)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 006 <gen> owned by Gracz 7 (Zielony)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakPurple)
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 006 <gen> owned by Gracz 8 (Różowy)) and do (Grupa jednostek - Add (Picked unit) to AtakPurple)
        -------- Order Move --------
        Wyzwalacz - Run Red <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        Wyzwalacz - Run Blue <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        Wyzwalacz - Run Cyan <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        Wyzwalacz - Run Purple <gen> (ignoring conditions)
It's a first trigger
Code:
Red
    Wydarzenia
    Warunki
    Akcje
        Grupa jednostek - Pick every unit in AtakRed and do (Jednostka - Order (Picked unit) to Ruch (Center of Region 001 <gen>))

And sorry for 1/4 polish language.

kaboo

Reaction score
this's the simpliest way i know
Code:
move
   move
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters create red units here <gen>
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of red units end position <gen>)

Raveren

Reaction score
Hmmm I dont think it's good :D
It orders unit to attack-move so unit attacks all towers :F
Hmm I only have a trouble with spawn when 4 players havent food coz Units go normally now (I Removed unit from group when it's enters Ending regions)

muchalive

Reaction score
yeah do what that guy said. but make your towers involnerble. they dont need to be touched anyways. enless your trying to make a new revolution of TD :)

Raveren

Reaction score
OMG but this is a MAZING TD, so players blocks Creeps, so Attack-move and Immune for physic dmg towers dont be a good choice ;/ And I now only have trouble with spawn. All other is good now.

muchalive

Reaction score
2 ways to spawn

there are two ways for spawning creeps in a TD. 1# you can have all the creeps in one area and make a trigger that when a certain round comes on it will move certain creeps in the region instantly to a point. (EG) event: round 1
action: move units instantly from region whatever to region whatever. make sure that you put a trigger that when a unit enters the TD region that they are issued the order to move.

2# second way. the second way is to create your wanted units already inside the TD region were it will order the units to move (EG) event: elaps time ## action: create ## of units for player ( wich ever your creeps are on )
at region ( your spawning region ) .

if you want i can do the triggers for you and see what your TD needs.

M

My_God

welp

all i can say is that with a mazing td there was going to be bugs which is unavodiable if your noob at td. if you need any help im making a td myself and i set it so every 60 sec move unit in region to certain point then you could make it so when thoose units enter the area they are teleporeted to that they move to next point ect. this is what i did and lol i sorta read your forum fast so i might be blabering but if your really stuck do this and if it dosent work... well hope you somehow get it working. Best of luck:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.