NewGen version history?

mango

Reaction score
Ok, so like many people I got hit by file troubles when blizz patched 1.24 and newgen seemed to stop opening files. I read through about 1000 posts of people with similar problems and the many fixes to opening and tesing old maps with newgen 1.5d, but my problem wasn't as easy as disabling a simple JASS feature... I made the mistake of using the NewGen 'extra' GUI trigger commands in my script (i.e. GUI actions like "Destroy Point" and "Destroy Unit Group"). Now when I run the newest NewGen versions and try to open my map, I get error messages like "Function Does not exist - Destroy Point" and so on. I hope I can fix this by working backwards and just editing my triggers and using Custom Script functions to redo these broken lines, the problem is I can't even find the old versions of NewGen anywhere to open my map :( If anyone knows where to find or has the previous version of NewGen with vJass, it would save me from wasting 100+ hours on this map.

Thanks in advance!!!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think new-gen (more specifically UMSWE) ever had function like that. You make have used WEU instead. That program kills maps. You could try turning all code to jass, but I'm sure you don't want to do that.

mango

Reaction score
I'm almost certain it wasn't WEU, because when I was looking for an editor to start this map I read all sorts of stories about WEU corrupting maps. I hunted WEU down anyway to see it, and it is definitely not program I was using at the time. I remember using JassHelper and Grimoire, which I'm fairly sure are exclusive to NewGen. I do remember using Trigger Actions outside the basic WE standards, they were labelled as "Compatability - " triggers in the editor and not "Advanced - " though.

However, I was able to OPEN my map for the first time in a while using WEU, although I couldn't save because it apparently didn't have a hack to disable the editor limits like NewGen has. How difficult/time-consuming would it be to convert everything to JASS? And is it possible for WEU to ignore limits like doodad limits? If it is possible, I think then I can save the map after editing my broken trigger actions and reopen it in NewGen.

Thanks for the help so far!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm almost certain it wasn't WEU, because when I was looking for an editor to start this map I read all sorts of stories about WEU corrupting maps. I hunted WEU down anyway to see it, and it is definitely not program I was using at the time. I remember using JassHelper and Grimoire, which I'm fairly sure are exclusive to NewGen. I do remember using Trigger Actions outside the basic WE standards, they were labelled as "Compatability - " triggers in the editor and not "Advanced - " though.

However, I was able to OPEN my map for the first time in a while using WEU, although I couldn't save because it apparently didn't have a hack to disable the editor limits like NewGen has. How difficult/time-consuming would it be to convert everything to JASS? And is it possible for WEU to ignore limits like doodad limits? If it is possible, I think then I can save the map after editing my broken trigger actions and reopen it in NewGen.

Thanks for the help so far!

WEU and newgen don't use the same triggers, so you did originally make your map with WEU. As your your question, um...

You can use a program that comes with WEU. I think it's called no limits or something. It should be in the same folder as the program itself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.