Open Source DotA 6.32b

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:
Please don't rename it. This is for resource purposes only.
we've all agreed that nobody is gunna get resources from a purely jass system that isnt in JESP format.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Rinpun said:
I haven't dled this, but does this really happen? Cause I want MY maps to not save when renamed. I think that's the best way to annoy the newb mapper who wants to change the name and make it his own.
heh well this map is unprotected but damaged...triggers have no events for example.

N

NETRAT

I bet netrat googles "DotA" all day and posts everything he knows about it in every form ever mentioned on google
=) only one single request "OpenDotA" in google, so I'm here just to fix OpenDotA bugs (if there will be any, because actually there wasn't found any bug yet) and provide the project support
but does this really happen?
no, I don't think it's possible, as for OpenDotA, there is no such problem
is unprotected but damaged...triggers have no events for example
sorry, but there is no GUI at all, trigger events you can find in TriggerRegister***Event functions
The bad news about OpenDotA 6.33 is that creators have shuffled some functions in their sections, so they have different order, and that will take more time than we supposed
The good news are that some old functions were optimized a bit :)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
we've all agreed that nobody is gunna get resources from a purely jass system that isnt in JESP format.

...maybe you...not others

@NATRAT, gl, looking forward to seeing some things

W

Woojin

When downloading it, do you download a map? Im not sure if they probably changed it or something but when I click the link, a page comes up with a lot of non-english.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
A

AdamN

o_O

I dont thinx IceFrog made the new DotA w/ purely 100% JASS, thats bcause the tools he use, optimizes the scripts (renaming all identifiers, removing uselesscode such as DoNothing,etc) combining/merging some function into 1(such as in the Init func), also remove editor only files (such as the triggers files/wtg,etc) and the resulting of those optimizations will makes the script looks like 100% JASS.

emjlr3

Reaction score
thought you guys had abandoned the project?

didn't .41 just come out a few days ago too?

btw it seems all the trigger for the hero abilities are one category too high

ex.

antimage triggers are in alchemist category above it

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
OpenDota 6.41 released
dimon.xgm.ru/opendota
HOLY cRow!

Even the preplaced objects are there.
And so soon after the release?
//And checked the dota forums and nobody seems to know about it wtf?

Rather interesting lol.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Dimon sounds familiar...sounds like the prson who was named Dimon_Zerg. But Open DotA 6.41?!? You've got to be crazy! Oh and IceFrog is here...on these forums (CRAP)!

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Oh and IceFrog is here...on these forums
Indeed...another member with a weird name and 0 posts.
That never happened around here in the past right?

Corleone

Reaction score
> Oh and IceFrog is here...on these forums
Indeed...another member with a weird name and 0 posts.
That never happened around here in the past right?

Of course not. Members with 0 posts don't exist on the internet.

Anyway, I downloaded the 6.41 version, and I find it a bit annoying that 99% has been converted to custom script. I can't be bothered reading all those long triggers, with way too many functions in them. I'm guessing there will be lots of DotA rip-offs made with it though.

N

NETRAT

emjlr3, truely sorry, my mistake, now fixed, thank you for report

uberfoop, we started from version 6.40 about two weeks ago, and when 6.41 was released, I simply reconfigured scripts to fit a new version

version with restored objects isn't ready yet, sorry, but I this is my third vesion of Silk Object, written from scratch third time, and it's not configured for restoring objects =\ now it's an object optimization tool (much more effective than Widgetizer) so, object recovery features require additional coding

Dimon is version(less official) of name Dmitry (I don't know if you ever heard this name, anyway)

Corleone, sorry, but there is no easy way to recover GUI triggers =\

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like I accidently approved one of these fake maps to the maps database. If an Admin reads this can you guys delete the DOTA Allstars map that is most recent as it is most likely a fake. For some reason I cannot access the map server from the computer I am on today.

N

NETRAT

I doubt OpenDota has any relation to this fakes, but I've found out that global variables names were restored in a simpliest manner

however, I haven't seen any fake DotA maps mentioned after opendota 6.32b release, so I suggest, that there won't be any fakes after Opendota 6.41

emjlr3

Reaction score
another thought, I cannot remember off the top of my head, right now, but there are still a few abilities that have mulitple abilities in the script

for ex.(not sure if this is right, I cant remember any remember?)

Rexxar has beast rage abd wild axes in same script(though he many not), I saw this with a few abilities

and, I believe some of the script for the spectral dagger was not with the trigger, but in the custom script trigger

Anyway, I downloaded the 6.41 version, and I find it a bit annoying that 99% has been converted to custom script. I can't be bothered reading all those long triggers, with way too many functions in them. I'm guessing there will be lots of DotA rip-offs made with it though.

you can tell that there are still a few triggers left in GUI, how? which ever ones don't have local variables, of course, but they are few and far between, so I ask you, why would these people go through, and restore the script so its readable, the code it all in GUI, which cant even be done...?

now it's an object optimization tool (much more effective than Widgetizer)

is it released by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.