Open Source DotA 6.32b

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
Ice Frog does not know GUI,at all

sorry, can you define the parts that are his? and not euls, guinsoo's, wc3sear.ch's, the guy(s) who do the mini-map and loading screen,or any of the hundreds of people offering to help out with dota?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
he did one thing...changed the name to allstars! maybe even added a description.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
SFilip said:
he did one thing...changed the name to allstars! maybe even added a description.

ice frog WAS NOT the one who changed to allstars.. from what i can tell, all hes done is used the replace cliffs and replace tileset features.. to get rid of that god aweful snow terrain
=/

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
as far as I know, before Ice Frog, most of dota was the same(ofcourse I did not play till 6.08), 95% of the good spells/icons were stolen from wc3sear.ch with the others just being base WC, now Eul really wasnt anything great, he created a very simple AOS a long time ago, Guinsoo took over and took it to the next level, however he wasn't not good either, so what he tried to do, he messed up more often then not, then Ice came and saved the day, not neccesarily recoded the whole map, but converted it to JASS, removed memory leak problems, etc.

he also started using Vex's and Pitzer Mikes tools to reduce map size and loading time

So basically over the past year and a few months or so, Ice has clnead up a sloppy map, with, lots of help from others, and made a few new heroes, half of which were made for him

does this clear everyting up?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I think that was pretty clear with most peeps already, although we still havent mentioned the part how Guinsoo changed the name to Allstars, but thats a name and therefore a minor detail.

Anyway, for u geniouses saying that this is a great education mapmakign device, understand that there is NO WAY that a fully jassed map is gunna help a noob mapmaker.

emjlr3

Reaction score
rofl there was only 1 triggered ability i was wondering about in it. and it isnt even included so im SOL heh

N

NETRAT

everyone knows that they can dl dota from its official site...
100% JASS, Damn
sorry, but it's almost impossible to write universal script that will restore GUI triggers. The goal is to write new Jass parser with additional GUI recovery features
he steals so much stuff
I am not blaiming him, but he steals everything he finds, and that's why we like to play Dota

Have you ever heard about MyDota?

Where is the will, there is the way, so when lots of people ask questions about this map, OpenDotA can be a good answer.
So it's easier to find bugs, test abilities and find some secrets(like that quest with upgrader that comes in last version)

You are free to do anything you want with this map and only you are responsible for your actions

w00t22, try version without objects

removed memory leak problems
there are still great leaks because unefficient use of GUI triggers

maybe copy-paste? lots of people that are not newbies ask for help with some features that are present in Dota
Have you ever opened Dota\war3map.j file trying to find some part of code?!

1 triggered ability i was wondering about in it. and it isnt even included
which one?

emjlr3

Reaction score
NETRAT said:
Trigger, called "Axe_Spell_BattleHunger"

why would the code for abaddons mark of the abyss be in the trigger for axes battle hunger?

R

Rohml

This is very nice... :)

Too bad there's no AI in this one. Anybody know where I could get an AI version of this map... :lol:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
why would the code for abaddons mark of the abyss be in the trigger for axes battle hunger?

To make it harder for noobs to find it.

N

NETRAT

Sorry, that's because of lack on testers, this would be fixed in OpenDota 6.33
Any more issues?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Rohml said:
This is very nice... :)

Too bad there's no AI in this one. Anybody know where I could get an AI version of this map... :lol:
since theres not a version of 6.32b already with AI, and since its open source, youd have to make it yourself if you want it so badly.

emjlr3

Reaction score
NETRAT said:
Sorry, that's because of lack on testers, this would be fixed in OpenDota 6.33
Any more issues?

i have not delve to deep into it as of yet, but so far that is the only thing I found, that and y is there like an init function, that has nothing in it, and then another that creates the trigger or each and every trigger??? looks weird to me...

N

NETRAT

emjlr3 said:
an init function, that has nothing in it, and then another that creates the trigger or each and every trigger??? looks weird to me...
yes, this is the way to split script into separate triggers, which are executed only when we want them do be executed, but not while map initialization. Empty InitTrig_XXX functions are only for functions to be in separate named triggers

H

hmmmmmmm

wont let u save if u try to change the map name .. way around this? Thanks

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm said:
wont let u save if u try to change the map name .. way around this? Thanks

Please don't rename it. This is for resource purposes only.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:
Please don't rename it. This is for resource purposes only.

I haven't dled this, but does this really happen? Cause I want MY maps to not save when renamed. I think that's the best way to annoy the newb mapper who wants to change the name and make it his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.