Pastebin

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
I knew that, the law is, do not fix what is not broken. (lawl!)

Somehow, I might request a pastebin function to be implemented to the site? :)

Just function for user to shares their code with others without having to send txt files.

If it is considered to be implemented, and only IF.
Then my suggestion for the properties for this pastebin could be like, "Remove thread after 0 view for 24 hours", "Only people who has the exact link can view the code".. and etc.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I believe you want a:

Code:
asdfdsfdsf
asdfdfdsaf
sadfsdaf
asdfsdf

Yeah. That.

Or, if you only want one person to see it, PM them the code.

Then again, if you want it public but only temporary, edit it out yourself.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm all for a pastebin.
I need somewhere to preview threads without the risk of accidentally submitting them.
Sure, I can delete them. But other members can't. :)

And it'd be useful for 'storing' threads, especially WIP tutorials. As well as showing other members code and stuff, but with other text and such - Formatted.

This is all assuming that a pastebin on this site would be like a private forum for every member. :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And it'd be useful for 'storing' threads, especially WIP tutorials.

Yeah, I think that's a good idea, rather than having all these WIP tuts getting posted because they did not have enough time to write it all up.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Let's see if how admin response to this?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Isn't the link Undead provided what you need?
It's not half as organized.
No BB code support.
No vJass syntax highlighting.
Not suitable for tutorials and such, in my opinion. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
> Isn't the link Undead provided what you need?
It's not half as organized.
No BB code support.
No vJass syntax highlighting.
Not suitable for tutorials and such, in my opinion. :p

if its a tutorial, put the code in the tutorial.

Really its an absolutely useless add on as far as I see.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all for a pastebin.
I need somewhere to preview threads without the risk of accidentally submitting them.

And it'd be useful for 'storing' threads, especially WIP tutorials. As well as showing other members code and stuff, but with other text and such - Formatted.

This is all assuming that a pastebin on this site would be like a private forum for every member. :p

Does that means: Tutorials can be posted with unfinished chunks of a tutorial until we are through with it, and submit it to the repository, like a RSS feed?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Does that means: Tutorials can be posted with unfinished chunks of a tutorial until we are through with it, and submit it to the repository, like a RSS feed?
No.

> if its a tutorial, put the code in the tutorial.
o_O

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I'm all for a pastebin.

No offense Romek, but I quoted your post because I have to say: you already have a private forum. That's right, it's called "My computer" :p. Store it in notepad and voila, your private pastebin. And you can also share with others, by uploading it!!

Now, look behind the sarcasm and you'll find a truth. Why is it so hard to use a computer? Write it in the reply box on TH, preview it, then save it on a txt. If you misclick and post it, ask a mod to help you. That's why they are mods, right?

Me myself, if I would be an admin, I wouldn't go through the hassle of doing a good pastebin when there are others online, like the one Knight suggested, just for you lazy members :p.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Why is it so hard to use a computer? Write it in the reply box on TH, preview it, then save it on a txt.
That's exactly what I'm doing now. :p
Though that doesn't support BB code.

It's easier to preview stuff without the risk of accidentally posting, and it's easier to send people WIPs or 'posts' with correct formatting and stuff.

> If you misclick and post it, ask a mod to help you.
That's a hassle when you can't delete posts yourself. I'm sure of it. :p

All in all, a pastebin would just be for convenience. Of course there alternatives, and this isn't essential either.
If it's so difficult to make, then I'd understand. However, I don't think it's very difficult to make at all. Just a 'private' forum. :)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
> Why is it so hard to use a computer? Write it in the reply box on TH, preview it, then save it on a txt.
That's exactly what I'm doing now. :p
Though that doesn't support BB code.

Well I have experience in making javascript pages, I could make a download-able previewer. It will have no risk of posting something by accident.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you could make that, I'd be very grateful. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.