Peasant Hero (Guitar Hero remake in WC3 engine)

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is a solo project I started with a couple of weeks ago. It's going to be a Guitar Hero remake in the Frozen Throne engine, and to stop me from abandoning the project I'm creating a thread.

[ Placeholder; pictures will go here when pictures are ready to be added ]

The map will allow to play through all songs of the Warcraft 3 soundtrack in a Guitar Hero-like environment, with the four difficulty levels of the console games. All songs will be played using the directional keys and the escape button, and for the two highest difficulty levels a plugged in guitar using the brilliant JoyToKey software (in essence it allows you to map the buttons of a controller to keyboard functions) will be usable. A plugin for PS3 guitars will be downloadable from this thread when the map releases.

Important for me about this map is that it will contains absolutely no custom content; everything is generated through triggers, something that will help put the file size down.

As you noticed, there are no pictures in here - this is because the map in its current state looks and plays very differently from what I expect the finished thing to look like.

Expect a release in the coming month. This will be my last Warcraft 3 project. Feel free to ask questions about the modification; I will answer as many as I can.

EDIT: I forgot to mention; this'll be strictly singleplayer.

EDIT II: Being considered as expernal applications for song editing is a .CHART/.MIDI-to-in-game text code converter, to allow for creating custom songs. How to play the music itself would, if it's added, be up to the player. Not on the top of the list at the moment.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I forgot to mention; this'll be strictly singleplayer.

That would be like shooting yourself in the foot!

Or well not exactly but, if people can't host it on Bnet it will never be popular and people dosn't really play much single player.

I suggest 3 different modes for multiplayer, and after each row/game you should be able to restart and choose another game style or the same again

• 1 vs 1: with somekind of score through 3 random songs then there will be a winner and the posibility to restart or choose a other Game.

• Tournament: where all get the same random song and people play at the same time in the end the players with least points is eliminated
  • Survival: the one who can be correct for the longest time wins

Rabarber

Reaction score
It's singleplayer because of the 41 song soundtrack and the ability to save.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
hey, i could make the guitar neck for you... but it wont animate, it will only be a rectangle with a texture on it. :)

Reaction score
This sounds too good to be true/possible :). If you succeeded in this.. I would.. would.. hug you.

>people doesn't really play much single player.
I do. I can't play multiplayer, because my computer keeps crashing, and people don't like leavers.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Okay it's up to you it's your map

>people doesn't really play much single player.
I do. I can't play multiplayer, because my computer keeps crashing, and people don't like leavers.

but you gotta admit that it can't grow fast without battlenet. what would make it re-known?

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Well, if you're using arrow keys and Esc. it can't be multiplayer since they tend to be veeery slow online. And you can't be slow in GH :)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
if the only reason it is single player is due to the amount of songs, just create multiple versions of the same map. You know, like how sing star has all the packs.. rock,80's,pop etc... you could put 3 or 4 songs per version and ppl could decide what version they want to play in the war 3 chatrooms. Then you can have all the songs in the single player version for people to practice on or to beat personal high scores etc.. It's the best of both worlds and all you really have to do is cut and paste triggers and junk

Rabarber

Reaction score
Maybe you misunderstood what this map is about; the songs you play are in the game already.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hmm, this seems interesting..

STORM! EARTH! FIRE HEED MY CALL! lol

You should make a save-load thing where it saves your score and make an extra one for multiplayer where people can compare load codes and scores. And have some minigames according to your score! maybe... just an idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.