Reaction score
JASS:
set d.c = d.c + 1
            if d.c == d.times then

Should be able to make this (with some changes):
JASS:
set d.c = d.c - 1
            if d.c == 0 then

I just think this is too simple to actually be a resource. I'd struggle to justify approving it because all it does is select your timer system for you, write a simple struct type, and implement a simple callback. There's no mapping knowledge or research behind it beyond simple timer attachment.

Aside from that the application is terribly limited, and if it wasn't it would probably skip straight to over engineered. I don't think this is the sort of thing that should be submitted as a resource because it is faster to write yourself than learn, more flexible, and more suited to the individual case and map author's preferences.

For example, what if I wanted a unit to be damaged over time through a lightning bolt? Or wanted to detect the damage type? Or even just wanted a projectile to hit the unit from the caster, or wanted to deal damage based on the health of the unit, or unit type, or didn't want the damage to stack (like in a buff) or ...

And we don't need a system to accomplish those things. It's just called mapping.
So I'll probably leave this here, you will most likely have to find another moderator's support to get this approved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.