Personal Stuff & Pictures

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I was in Tae Kwon Doe for about 3 years, but once I got my blackbelt, I quit. What Ryoko does is seriously friggin dangerous, and I dread the day when we come here and read on the news page "Close friend, and moderator SD_Ryoko dies a tragic accident in MMA fight". I saw a video not to long ago from an MMA fight and one dude landed the wrong way and snapped his calf completely in half, hope that never happens to Ryoko hehe.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
**SHUDDER**
I don't even wanna think about that possibility!! :eek:

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Err, yeah that would suck huh?

I think the last time I read about it, the statistical odds of death in MMA are 1 in 17000 fights.

The last time someone died, he had some kind of head problems the week before. He had headaches and blacked out a few times, and decided to fight anyway.

We saw this karate guy fight in indiana. Young guy, about 18 I think. He was wearing a gi too. We were all wondering what he was doin.

Well the fight started, and he got in his stance and the bell rang. Other guy runs torward, grabs him around the waste, and imediately pushed against the fence. He threw a few knees, grabbed the kids legs, and slammed him on the ground. Moved to a full mount, and tee'd off on his head till the ref called it.

He admitted after, he had no grappling / wrestling experience. We said 'Dude ,this is NOT your sport, your going to get hurt". For whatever reason, he claimed this was a good experience for him anyway.

......good experience?

The bottom line is, if you know what your doing, your a lot less likely to get hurt. The more you know, the better off you'll be. But don't walk in there clueless and endanger yourself, it makes the sport look bad when people get there head kicked in.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Someone died in the toughman contest in ohio not a week ago. But that event is stupid, and illegal in most states now. they've been pushed out because someone dies almost every show.

Basically, Toughman is this contest, where joe schmo from the croud volunteers to fight.

Jason fought that 2 years ago. He went through three oponents in three days. Its insane, the idea of putting 'wino bar-fu' bad ass dudes against a trained fighting machine. Thats why people keep dying in it.

And get this? They paid Jay 1000 bucks to do it too - heh. He said 'its the easiest 1000 bucks I ever made" LOL. Maybe I should sign up - heh.

(Bar-fu is our joke about the 'bad dudes' in the bar, who think they can fight)

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Yeah those toughman fights are ridiculous! Here in Florida they were BIG! Anyone could participate, even chicks, and there were radio spots on all the time about where and when to go and how you would get a t-shirt even if you lost. It got banned after some high school kid went into a club in our area, thought it would be cool to sign up and the very first round, the very first punch was to his head and he died instantly. No waiver about personal injury in the world did the club any good in court against kid's parents either.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea yea yea

Attachments

• WHEELIE3.jpg
    WHEELIE3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 324

1JadedJen

Reaction score
DAAAANNNG DUDE!
you got a ton of air on that one! this pic didn't freak out your girl did it? LOL

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping for Great Justice! SD_Ryoko thread here even includes a working pic LOL! He is still around I guarantee he will be back at least to say Hi to everyone at some point... stay tuned....

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.