Petrol Prices

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Ah, Thanks Seb! =D

Another thing that might affect the prices, is the wage income. As in, how much people get paid.

Also, in Mexico, the government owns most (if not all) of gas stations/companies, and I think they have their own refineries. BUT there aren't high wages.

master maste

Reaction score
A big reason the price of petrol is soo high is because of OPEC. OPEC is an organisation made up of 13 oil producing countries which control a large amount of the production of oil. OPEC produces 35.6% of the worlds oil.

OPEC has found out that by exporting less petroleum they can make demand increase and actually get more money by exporting less petrol.

Haven't checked out prices for the last couple of days, but its bound to have increased.

Edit: ReVolver is only paying 6.70 Pesos per Litre = NZ $0.82
thats $1.20 cheaper than here!! Lucky guy.

I feel sorry for the guy paying $6.15 a gallon

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Gas is usually 4.10 $ per gallon where I am. Its just too damn expensive, i dont drive for another 1.5 years, but who know what it will be like then.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I dont have a car, but for some reason oil is expensive up here in alaska even thogh WE pump it out of the ground. It also has made the price on other, non oil related things go up due to importing.

(Bread, milk, and soda for example, have higher prices here than down in the lower 48)

my 2 cents on the effect of higher gas prices.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from a week away, so apologies for bumping... older stuff.

Prices vary up and down the UK, but generally they are at £1.35-40 a litre. Which equates to around £5.10 per gallon, which in Dollars, is about $10.

So yeah, don't whine about high prices.
Worst part is that around 60% of the price is tax which goes straight into the government's coffers, and they don't even use it to improve roads. I could go on, but I'll say right now that I ain't bothering with driving for some time to come, it is VERY expensive in the UK.
Also, on the road home, we drove past a rolling blockade set up by striking truck drivers, and saw several signs saying "STEAL YOUR PETROL". It is quite a bad situation actually.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from a week away, so apologies for bumping... older stuff.

Prices vary up and down the UK, but generally they are at £1.35-40 a litre. Which equates to around £5.10 per gallon, which in Dollars, is about $10.

So yeah, don't whine about high prices.
Worst part is that around 60% of the price is tax which goes straight into the government's coffers, and they don't even use it to improve roads. I could go on, but I'll say right now that I ain't bothering with driving for some time to come, it is VERY expensive in the UK.
Also, on the road home, we drove past a rolling blockade set up by striking truck drivers, and saw several signs saying "STEAL YOUR PETROL". It is quite a bad situation actually.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a place where public transport can get you anywhere

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well, gas is about $4.20 USD around here, my motorcycle holds like, 4.5 gallons, so it costs about $12USD to fill it up, and it gets like 45mph at least. :)

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I lived in a place where public transport can get you anywhere
At ridiculously high cost. Plus, it can't get you everywhere, most cities are very much alike to others around the world (subway systems and the like) and links to other cities are not the most reliable. But on the whole I guess we do have it better on public transport.

Reaction score
Talk about liters, not gallons. I have no idea what they are, because they're not used here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.