Playing MIDI files

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
Sorry,

It seems I don't understand the guide about how to play MIDI files (at least it didn't work for me)
Might somebody mind explaining again?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The guide says otherwise. Can anyone confirm this?

I read a bit into the guide and it looks as if you have to change settings in RegEdit. And if that's the case, then all players will have to have settings changed in order to hear the MIDI files :-/

I think.

Some proof:

Chocobo said:
Guide from step 1 to 3 must be to any computers that will play in a map with MIDI sounds.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
But responses in the thread say otherwise - I don't think the writer of the tutorial can be trusted anyway, as it was mostly plagiarised.

SanKakU

Reaction score
lol...i think the point of it all is that if EVERYONE does the tutorial then everyone can listen to any war3 map that would have MIDI files running, isn't that so? but i mean come on...i haven't done it because I know 90 percent of bnet isn't going to...right? anyway maybe after you're done with whatever maps you're programming you can put this in there as icing on the cake so to speak but unless you got the cake finished, why bother with the icing?

of course if there was a map i liked that made a point to say that it had MIDI music playing and told me to get the MIDI support for war3 installed, of course i would. i think anyone would. right now there just aren't any maps like that.

if you've got a map and you wanna meet me on bnet to test it let me know i'll help you out with it...i don't really remember how complicated all that is but after learning about so much map making lately it probably can't be all that bad...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.