proper crediting

BLQQD

Reaction score
haha im using like 15 models that all have creators that want credit... i dont think my map will ever go far enough to catch any1s attention but wat is the proper place to put credits incase?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You can pretty much put them wherever, as long as the players know where to find them. You could put them in a message, and then at the start of the map display a message like "For credits, type -credits" or something like that. One way that I did it in a map, was I used the Optional Quests for credits, and just changed the title of "Quests" to "Credits".

Sneakster

Reaction score
Yeah you can do what is said above ^^, and you can add credits as a comment in the trigger editor, if your map is unprotected. So anyone who edits it can also see that. You could name units after the creators as well... or just list them all in the beginning.

-Sneakster

mapguy

Reaction score
You can put credits in the black screen when your are pre-loading yours pells.

you can also put credits in the end of the game.

alternatively, put the credits on the hero description.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Normally, I give those important credits on the loading screen. Then I write "Check Credits (F9) for more information". And just include all the credits in the "Credits (F9)", which is originally the Quest tab.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
I always put Credits in F9 Quests things.
And, i dont write names, i write:

Code:
[B]Credits For Models, Icons and Skins:[/B]
The Hive Workshop

If not the user really NEEDS
his Name. :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
I always put Credits in F9 Quests things.
And, i dont write names, i write:

Code:
[B]Credits For Models, Icons and Skins:[/B]
The Hive Workshop

If not the user really NEEDS
his Name. :thup:

normally no one see credits ar F9...
put it in a place everyone HAVE to see.

Genemos

Reaction score
Normally noone looks at commercials, put it somewhere where they have to see.

I think it is going to be pretty booring the 100th time that you have to look at the credits.

I think the questlogg sounds just fine. Imo, if they want to know, they can check.
There is no need to shove everything into the face of everyone who plays the map,
for most of them it will just be "yeye... can I play the game now?".

Jinxx

Reaction score
I think it is going to be pretty booring the 100th time that you have to look at the credits.

I think the questlogg sounds just fine. Imo, if they want to know, they can check.
There is no need to shove everything into the face of everyone who plays the map,
for most of them it will just be "yeye... can I play the game now?".

^ This. He hit the nail on the head. Quest log is more than sufficient, and if your map gets big and popular, then you'll probably have a forum with a page dedicated to the credits list - until then, make do with the quest log. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.