Puzzles and Riddles Map (Need Some Help)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Does the player have to check every CoP or is there a Floating Text (or something) Oh looky, my first post in this thread
Whoopie -.-

Random Reputation to everyone who posted here after 24 hours or less (repped too many ppl ranodmly yesterday)

denmax

Reaction score
I don't know but I always give Random Reputation to anyone...

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
How's this:

Numerical Circles

There is an acolyte in the middle of the room. He is surrounded by a 5x5 grid of "Circle of Powers."

Code:
(51) (52) (53) (54) (55)
(41) (42) (43) (44) (45)
(31) (32)  A33 (34) (35)
(21) (22) (23) (24) (25)
(11) (12) (13) (14) (15)

He then provides (# of players) riddles, which hint at two different numbers.

These numbers correspond to each other if the grid was on a coordinate plane.

For example, say Red, Blue, Teal, and Green are playing.

He says,
"Day and night combined." (24) To Red.
"The unlucky call..." (13) To Blue.
"Make seven, begin at 3." (34) To Teal.
"Inversed unluck. You decide." (31) To Green.

They would then have to go to these circles within the given time limit (perhaps like 30 seconds), or else he randomized the circles again.

If you accept this, then I'll PM you the rest of the number riddles.

I fully understand what this is supposed to do but I just confused on how to code such a thing in GUI. If you can provide a trigger code, that would be great.

this one is a maybe, since I dunno if it is really a "puzzle"

You start out with a map with a lot of doodads, and stuff, then you flash an image (camera object) for all of the players. Then you fade back to their character. They have to to go to the area that the snapshot was taken of. and use an ability

(you could work in that they have an ability that shows them the snapshot again). I think that would be fun, if it could be done right. And it could be done multiple times if you wanted.

Haha, a level just to have fun? Sorry but no because I want it to be challenging, not "find something on the map".

Make one where there is an invisible maze. The catch is that every player can only see a certain amount of the maze's walls. If you touch a wall, you go back to the begining (dieing was going to make it way too hard) and so you couldn't trust where you were walking. (In other words, since only 1 person can see certain walls, and they can't see any of the others, it's up to the players to figure a way to work together and make it past the invisible maze)

Any questions on it just pm me War :D

Again, another coding issue. How would I make it so certain units are revealed to certain players? I need some GUI triggers please.

Does the player have to check every CoP or is there a Floating Text (or something) Oh looky, my first post in this thread
Whoopie -.-

Random Reputation to everyone who posted here after 24 hours or less (repped too many ppl ranodmly yesterday)

First of all, you were the first poster of the FIFTH page fyi. Second of all, what does this have to do with my map? I'm the one asking the questions, not you. Third, you shouldn't be giving random reputation because there's really no point because you defeat the whole purpose of it. It's supposed to be something given to you for helping someone out.

Obviously, you do not understand. -Rep :(

denmax

Reaction score
'kay sorry about before...

I fully understand what this is supposed to do but I just confused on how to code such a thing in GUI. If you can provide a trigger code, that would be great.

I can code that (GUI). If you want the triggers I can help you, but the problem is that it will be really long and may make "unfixable" leaks.

Then again, because of the time limit, the question will randomize again... But if a Player can have the same riddle as the other Player and will randomize after solving the riddle, then I can take it..

Its your opinion, if you want the triggers then I can give it to you (but it may take time).

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
'kay sorry about before...

I can code that (GUI). If you want the triggers I can help you, but the problem is that it will be really long and may make "unfixable" leaks.

Then again, because of the time limit, the question will randomize again... But if a Player can have the same riddle as the other Player and will randomize after solving the riddle, then I can take it..

Its your opinion, if you want the triggers then I can give it to you (but it may take time).

Alright, do what you must. If you manage to do this and it's leakless, I'll give your rep back. :) Thanks in advanced.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
it would be somewhat of a puzzle, lemmie make a quickie version. I'll post ASAP

denmax

Reaction score
Sorry but, I have to go somewhere can I can't seem to login for 4 days so the triggers would take a while. Sorry if this bothers you..

2 + 24 + (24 x 2 x (Total Riddlers [Including those not used])) = Value of ALL Triggers!!!!
Ok nvm of what I said

Sorry for the problems I have done..
Sincerely Yours,
- DenZel94/denmax

PS: To avoid spam, I'm never visiting this thread again..

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I really like how this turned out, in fact I might make a fully-fledged vers. of this unless you or aquter want it for your respective minigame games.

Lemmie know if this is something you would like to use or not, since I think it has great potential.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Question, Do The Players Have Shared Vision? Because If They Do Take It Off When You Start Mine. Here It is.

(Wait A brief Moment) :D

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
So Much for a brief moment, I can't get immolation to work while those dumb towers are visible OR Invisible, DARN IT! T-T

We miss you warluver :(

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Lol hey guys. Sorry about the AFKness. I got pulled into WoW and I totally lost track of this map. Sorry, I'll be working on it.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I'm having problems coding the first one. It's really hard to make it detect the person if they're supposed to or not. Any help?

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I mean the first level, where you have to tell everyone "You hit the block, then you, then you." <--Does anyone know how to code this?

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Bump

I need help on coding the first level where everyone is assigned to hit their "BlocK" in an order but I have no idea how to code this. Thanks in advanced.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Put links to the posts, so I know what needs to be triggered :p
Right now I'm going through the pages finding his post -.-"

Edit > Let me guess, it's the post "he edited for answers" -.-"
Anyways, what exactly are you having a hard time triggering?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.