Puzzles and Riddles Map (Need Some Help)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I would assume:

1. First, assign each player a random number between 1 and (Number of players playing)
2. Turn on a trigger detecting that if a player whose value is not 1 hits that block, consequences occur.
3. Detect the hitting of the block on Player 1.
4. Turn off the trigger in Step 2.
5. Turn on a trigger detecting that if a player whose value is not 2 hits that block, consequences occur.
6. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 until all players are covered.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a GUI code for this? I'm still not understanding...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
PlayerNumbers[array] (integer)
CurrentNumber (integer)
TempGroup = (All Players)
TempPlayer

For every integer A from 1-(number of players playing) do actions
set tempplayer = random player in tempgroup
Set PlayerNumbers[(player number(tempplayer))] = integer a
remove tempplayer from tempgroup
endloop

Then on the hitting trigger just have an if/then/else and the if is if PlayerNumbers[(player number (owner of (triggering unit)))] = CurrentNumber, then do stuff and set CurrentNumber = CurrentNumber + 1, else are the consequences!!!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
The map is now in Progress. You can now check it on the original post of this thread. Thanks a lot guys!

EDIT: If you're anxious, I'll be posting some screenies of the terrain so you can get an idea of what it sounds like. If you want to hear the music that will be playing during the game, click the link below!

Not Pr0n Music

G

Gravedigger

If you need any help with triggers for any of the other puzzles PM me and I can probably tell you how to trigger it. I don't know GUI though.:banghead:

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Okay, I'm having a lot of trouble coding the switch puzzle because it's SOOOOO irritating and repitive. Is there anyways I can simplify the trigger so certain things must be stepped or must I create 2 triggers for each the switches which detects if someone leaves or enters?

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
The game is where you have 9 switches, set up like so:

You're required to ONLY have a certain 4 switches down to proceed onto the next part. Now, my question was, is there any simplified way to detect when a player enters/leaves the region so I don't have to create 18 triggers?

I didn't want to do this:
Code:
Event - A unit enters a region
Conditions - Foot Switch 001 is alive equal to true
Actions - Kill Foot Switch 001
Code:
Event - A unit leaves a region
Conditions - Foot Switch 001 is dead equal to true
Actions - Revive Foot Switch

Since I have 9 switches, I didn't want to do 18 of these triggers. So I wanted to know if there's a more simplified way to do this without making 18 triggers.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You could have a region variable with an array, and a doodad variable with an array. Then you run an integer loop, and have an if/then/else in it. The if is If triggering unit is in Region[(integer a)], the then is revive/kill (whatever you want) DoodadVariable[(integer a)]. Then region 1 is in coordinance with doodad 1.

G

Gravedigger

How can you trigger and not know GUI :p
Did you skip right to JASS or something :confused:

I guess, uh what's GUI

and warluvr, do this

first create a region variable array called foot switch(1-9), a integer variable called switches and a boolean variable called switch game then create these triggers

Trigger-Create Switch
Events-Switch Game is equal to true
Conditions-None
Actions-Set Footswitch(1)=Region000
Set Footswitch(2)=Region001
Set Foootswitch(3)=Region002
(continue for the last six footswitchs)

Trigger-Activate Switch
Events-A unit leaves foot switch
Conditions-none
Actions-Kill (random destructable in region footswitch)
Set Switches=switches+1

Trigger-Deactivate switch
Events-A unit enters foot switch
Conditions-none
Actions-Revive (random destructable in region footswitch)
Set Switches=switches-1

Trigger-Open Gate
Events-every 1 seconds of game time
Conditions-Switches=4
Actions-Kill Gate001

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I guess I was wrong at what I was guessing the game was like.
Gravedigger, was this your idea? Because you seem to know what the game is like pretty well :p

G

Gravedigger

I guess I was wrong at what I was guessing the game was like.
Gravedigger, was this your idea? Because you seem to know what the game is like pretty well :p

No it wasn't my idea, I just posted triggers that I'm pretty sure will work based on his description that he just posted about it

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I'm having some problems with the switch puzzle (Which is where you have to step on certain switches to proceed to the next part). It doesn't seem to detect it when I have the correct switch pushed down.

Region Problems

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I think a Elevator Maze
with switches that will activate some elevators ^^
Because everytime I suggest this people say "I'm not good with elevators"
But there easy!!!!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I guess I'm everyone because "I'm not good with elevators!"

BTW, I've updated the progress on the map. You can check it out on the 1st post of this whole thread.

*The region issue has been solved.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Progress Update

***BUMP***

I've been working on this map very casually but I will be working on it vigorously this next week. I haven't been doing so well. I'm almost done with level 2, working on level 3. :)

Please know that if you contributed to this map, you're idea section of the map will have a character just for you. If you would like any model requests for you're character PM me. Thanks.

***BUMP***

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Bump

Level 3 is now complete, working on level 4.

If you contributed to the map, please give me your desired model AND your Bnet game so I can do some fun stuff to recognize you in my game. :)

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Progress Update

***BUMP***

Level 3 is now complete, Level 4 is being worked on. There's going to be an ogre guarding a gate and it's your job to get passed the gate to the next level. The ogre's name will be Knocksious. :)

***BUMP***

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Puzzle suggestion:

the are 4 circle of powers forming a cross, but far away from each other
like .....................X....................
......X......................................X....
..........................X....................
and theres a gate where you cannot open til the 4 circles are not activated, the 4 circles are not easily activated like, step circle activate 1, no, not like that, it is like every game, theres a pattern for the 4 circles, like you must first step the second circle, then step the fourth circle, then the third circle and the last one the first circle before the gate opens, like in Diablo 2 like the 5 stones that need to be activated by pattern, to find it more interesting make it like 8 circles or 6 or 7 it is up to you, and every game, the pattern must be changed....

and some more, lets say they get some clues on what circle to step first, and second and so on....so the clues must be the answers of a riddle that been collected before....like lets say that i solved the first riddle, and the answer is Third Brother, so theres the word "Third" in the answer and is the first riddle i solved, so the first circle to step is the third circle because of the word "third", and the same for the other circles
get it?

i hope this helps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.