Q&A Batch 49! HUGE Information.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I was just fixing a mistake :p. I knew things like these for Protoss, though, Zergs are not my thing. But after not playing for a lot of time, I forgot most of those.

However, don't be sure those values will be the same in SC2.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I was just fixing a mistake :p. I knew things like these for Protoss, though, Zergs are not my thing. But after not playing for a lot of time, I forgot most of those.

However, don't be sure those values will be the same in SC2.

Trust me, they will be the same. Atleast for hydras and zerglings....

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
They should have some gameplay option that dictates whether pressing a unit training hotkey applies to all units, or just one. In SC1, there are times when I wish I could do one at a time, and all at once. The 6 zergling case, all at once. Two zerglings, a hydralisk, and a mutalisk, one at a time.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
They should have some gameplay option that dictates whether pressing a unit training hotkey applies to all units, or just one. In SC1, there are times when I wish I could do one at a time, and all at once. The 6 zergling case, all at once. Two zerglings, a hydralisk, and a mutalisk, one at a time.

I usually have that many hives.

1 for zerglings and spellcasters
2 for hydras /lurkers and overlords
3 one for mutaliscs and ultraliscs

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score

No or else it could screw the balance with MBS.

That too. But the actual question was "what is MBS?".

MBS stands for Multi Building Selection. Sc1 had SBS which stands for Single Building Selection. What MBS does is you can select as many barrack's or any building at a time and produce tons of units at a time instead of hot keying each building and pressing the unit hot keys. That is why they are using this to help macro seap back into the game where before it was REALLY easy to build masses of units.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason the Q&A in your post doesn't match up with the actual Q&A batch 49, especially because you have a link to it in your post?
---StarCraft II Q&A Batch 49---

1) I am very curious... previously, SCVs, Drones, Probes, Vultures, Archons, and Dark Archons hovered above the ground so they were not hit by mines. My question is simple: Are there any hovering units in Starcraft 2? If there are, can they hover over shallow water? -Ancientdefender (Battle.net)

If Spider Mines stay in the game, then there will be hovering units. Shallow waters are currently just a visual effect and will not ‘play’ differently.

2) How does the Mutalisk attack work in StarCraft II, what defines its bouncing pattern? Is it random or not? If not, what is the criteria that defines how it bounces? -Kain175 (Battle.net)

Regardless of the position of the Mutalisk, when its attack hits a target, it will then acquire the next target based on proximity to the first target. The attack will always bounce to the next closest target.

3) Is it possible to toggle off Multiple Building Selection (MBS)?
No.

4) Balancing of 2v2 team play: Roaches + Medivac are too over powered for 2v2 team play unit combinations?

The regeneration rate of the Roaches and the healing of the Medivac will not stack upon each other.

5) What is a good counter for Zerg against Marines, which are upgraded from the original StarCraft?

Zerg actually have a few options that are quite effective. Zerglings can catch Marines out in the open and surround them relatively easily. Secondly, Banelings with the burrow ability are also very effective. There is nothing more gratifying than watching a group of Marines walk over a burrowed Baneling. When it unburrows – BOOM! Another counter that can be used are Roaches with burrow. A player can burrow a Roach at low health for it to regenerate back to full health in seconds, at which point it can unburrow and begin attacking the Marines again.

In late game, Infestor’s with their fungal scourge ability, which causes a biological unit to take damage over time until the unit explodes and does an area of effect damage, decimating groups of Marines easily if the opponent is not fast to react. Additionally, Ultralisks with their new cleave attack as well as 200 more hit points from the original StarCraft also make them an excellent counter to massed Marines.

6) How do you keep the Baneling from exploding on targets that you don’t want them to hit?

The Baneling now has an ‘attack building’ ability now which allows players to have more control over what the Baneling attacks. Players no longer need to worry about Banelings accidentally exploding on a building when they actually wanted it to hit a unit.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
> Once again Blizzard has failed to amaze me. (OP)

Blasphemy!

CRAP, I meant has not.

@Knight7770

Because the last bit in my Post is all the other questions answered in the forums after the batch.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
LOOOOOKING GOOOOOOOD.

The original zerg models looked great but now they have come out with the new shit I'm blown away. I guess because dawn of war 2 was released this year blizzard have had to fine tune every aspect of the game to an even tighter level, graphics included.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ultralisks are quite amazing.

I always found them to be quite bad in Starcraft. They did not have that "ultra-" feeling, at all.

Now though, if you see 4 of those coming your way, that means you've got to be well prepared. Or you can always run.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Ultralisks are quite amazing.

I always found them to be quite bad in Starcraft. They did not have that "ultra-" feeling, at all.

Now though, if you see 4 of those coming your way, that means you've got to be well prepared. Or you can always run.

I agree, I found them to be quite useless. But hey, as long as I can still lurker push, I'll be happy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.