Question on Camera Rotation

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a piece of trigger:

Set the rotation of Player 1's camera to tempInteger over 0.6 seconds.

I also have a periodic trigger that increases tempInteger by 10 every 1 second. However, the camera starts off just as I want it to rotate, but then stops rotating. Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post your trigger?

Mindless

Reaction score
Event
Timer - Every 0.6 second of Game-Time

Actions
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s Rotation to (Rotation of Current Camera View + 1) over 0.6 seconds.

As I said, the camera only rotates to a certain degree, then stops rotating.

P.S. Also I noticed a weird problem, if I change Rotation of Current Camera View + 1 to -1, the rotation is in the same direction (i.e. still counterclockwise)! Why?

P.P.S. I noticed how some people are able to post triggers looking exactly like in the Trigger Editor, with the small icons in front of lines and all. How are they doing that?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
When posting your trigger, right-click the actual trigger name.
Click "Copy As Text", then come back to your post.

Paste the text in between [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags.
Voila!

Mindless

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! However, I'd appreciate it even more if you could answer my original questions too! :)

Dirac

Reaction score
If your purpose is to rotate the camera around a point i suggest you to use the Rotate Camera Around Point action, i think "current camera view" might cause some problems. Also try using the Set Camera Field action that allows you to change multiple aspects of the camera.
TempInteger is not mentioned in your trigger

Mindless

Reaction score
OK, thanks, I'll use the rotate camera around point action. There is no tempInteger because I've shortened the code to the above. It should work exactly the same but more efficient (if the Current Camera View worked that is). I jus didn't think of it at that time! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.