Question on Centre of Unit

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to move an Arcane Tower to the centre of a region. However, the region is pretty small (a square region with sides a little bigger than the diameter of the tower itself). I used the trigger Move a Unit to Centre of Region Instantly but the centre of the Arcane Tower does not perfectly align with the centre of the region. The region is so small so it makes these things really noticable while playing. Why does this happen?

Any help would be appreciated.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Probably the region itself is positioned bad and so the tower cannot be moved right on its center. As far as i know it should have moved the tower with its center on the region's center.

Mindless

Reaction score
yeah, the region is sort of beside a cliff. So is there a way to force move the tower there? I mean ignoring pathing and all that?

Mindless

Reaction score
Nope, still doesn't work. Oh and sorry, the region was not beside a cliff, I checked, and it is actually beside a boundary (you know the black terrian thing you can draw on the ground). Does that change anything?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Does that change anything?

Yes if the area is not walkable. One way is to increase the playable area in the map options.

Another is to remove the unit's collision via trigger. And then move to the desired location.

Code:
Actions
  Unit - Turn (YourTower) collision off
  Unit - Move to somewhere...

Mindless

Reaction score
I turned the collision off at Map Initialization. It still doesn't work. It works if I change the Arcane Tower to a footman or something, so maybe something wrong with the model centre point? It's just a wild guess...

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Any unit (building) with a pathing map is constrained to the build grid; it can't be arbitrarily centered. You'll have to remove the pathing map, and then it should work as long as the position isn't blocked by terrain/borders/units etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.