RPG Ragnarok - Dark Lord's Offense

Sheam

Reaction score
Ragnarok - Dark Lord's Offense

Purpose of the Map:

Venture the map and Level to 10. Defeat 5 MVP's for better items, and finnally defeat Dark Lord. Should a person die, they are not allowed to play anymore, but may watch. (May change in the future.) Its a simple walkthrough visiting familiar landsites from the MMO Ragnarok, while offering semi-sophisticated boss fights. The rolls of Damage, Tank, and Healer have will be highly defined, as well as supportive abilities.

Charecters:

Hunter
Double Strafe: Attack with two arrows at once dealing # damage.
Ankle Snare: Immobolizes and disarms a target for # duration with # cooldown.
Improve Concentration: Increase Agility.
Falcon Mastery: Summon a falcon to aid you. Also increases damage of Double Strafe by #.
Strategy Comment: This charecter serves two rolls. Offense and Support. Sometimes the enemies will barricade down on top of the group, or the tank will take excessive damage, and its the Hunters responsibility to ankle snare appropriately, as well as finishing off mobs with Double Strafe to mitigate group damage.

Assassin
Cloaking: Become undetectable from the enemy and deal extra damage on next swing.
Katar Mastery: Increase critical strike rating.
Evasion: Decrease chance the enemy will deal a successfull blow.
Sonic Blow: Ultimate attack dealing # damage and stunning them for 3 seconds.
Strategy Comment: This charecter serves two rolls as well. Offense and Defense. Sonic blow in early levels offer a quick means of executing a threatening enemy or hindering an MVP. Taking advantage of being a melee unit, and having Evasion, the Assassin can also semi-effectively hold a an enemy or two off the tank to mitigate damage. Also, there are times where enemies will appear behind the group, so the Assassin must quickly disengage from its current target by Cloaking, and rush over to defend her ranged allies.

Priest
Heal: Heal the friendly target for # or damage undead target for 1/2.
Agility Up: Aura that provides increased attack and running speed.
Magnificat: Increase mana regeneration on friendly targets.
Sanctuary: AoE heal for #.
Soft Heal: Auto Heals priority targets for #. (Extra Skill)
Strategy Comment: This charecter obviously serves one roll. Support. In the begining, the healer will feel as though their actions (not passive buffs / auto healing) are unneeded, but after arriving at the first MVP and others to follow, everything will change. Your mission is to survive and make sure others survive, and be quick on your toes to avoid damage, while selecting targets to auto heal and when to burn a big heal on the tank/others. Though group placement, enemy damage, and fight duration highly effect the groups overall health pool, it is your job to correct any imperfections, and advise them on how to ease your process. There is no "keep healing and use mana pot" involved in this teamwork-based RPG.

Knight
Bash: Chance on attack to stun for # and deal # extra damage.
HP Recovery: Increase HP recovery by #.
Bowling Bash: Damage melee AoE damage and stun for # seconds.
Endure: Activate to increase hp by #, defense by #, attack by #, and spell immunity.
Strategy Comment: This charecter has one roll. Defense. It is up to the tank to make sure he is the majority holder of the damage distribution on the group. Bowling Bash can help by giving the enemies a short time out so you can get caught up on heals, but your mana will run out with rapid succession. Make sure to purchase and pick up all defensive related gear. (Gear with the most Def+) When you select, and what you select as your skills will effect your overall tanking ability until level 10. Choose them wisely.

Wizard

Frost Nova: Deal # damage to the enemy with aoe and lower their attack speed by #.
Jupitel Thunder: Hurl a sphere of lightening at the unit, dealing # damage.
Firebolt: Intensify your regular attack with fire, dealing # damage per hit.
Meteor Storm: Deal massive AoE damage for #
Strategy Comment: This charecter serves one roll. Offense. Perhaps the easiest charecter to play, the Wizards main objective is to inflict incredible damage on enemies, however, Frost Nova does offer some support by slowing the enemies. Your armor is lower than the others, so you should never be taking damage and always avoid it.

Areas of Interest

Payon Forrest
: A mixture of mountain landscapes and forrest.

Porings- Pink Slime Weak Enemy
Roda Frog- Murloc Weak Enemy
PoPoring- Green Slime Moderate Enemy
Willow- Treant Moderate Enemy
Bigfoot- Furblog Strong Enemy

Eddga- Big Furblog MVP Enemy

Orc Village
: A small village home to the Orc race.

Orc Warrior- Grunt Moderate Enemy
Orc Archer- BL Caster Grunt Moderate Enemy
High Orc- Blue Grunt Strong Enemy

Orc Hero- Farseer MVP Enemy

Garm's Valley: A valley inflicted with a frigid gale by its new territorial claimer.

Marin- Blue Slime Moderate Enemy
Sasquatch- White Furblog Moderate Enemy
Garm Baby- Small White Wolf Strong Enemy

Garm- Big White Wolf MVP Enemy

Labrynth Forrest
: A forrest constricted in a maze with 18 blocks.

Drainliar- Gargoyle Strong Enemy
Variation of prexisting enemies at same strengths.
Bapho Jr.- Small Tauren Strong Enemy

Baphomet- Tauren Cheiften

Glast Heim
: (Under Development)

Intended Enemies

Zombies- Zombie Weak Enemy
Ghouls- Ghouls Moderate Enemy
Soldier Skeleton- Skeleton Warrior Moderate Enemy
Rybio- Abomination Very Strong Enemy
Undead version of all previous MVP's

Lord of Death- Azgolar MVP Enemy

Dark Illusions- Doom Guard Very Strong Enemy
Nightmare- Transparent Horse Strong Enemy

Dark Lord- Archemonde Final MVP Enemy

Progress:

Created hero selection for 5 different classes. (Hunter, Assassin, Priest, Knight, and Wizard)
Created hero skills for each class to be adjusted from balancing.
Created the entire game landforms / majority of cosmetics.
Created 5 MVP zones, and some additional region transports.
Created monster spots for Payon Forest, Orc Village, Garm's Valley, and Labrynth Forrest.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
pics?

to me ur skills seems realy basic? also why doues a priest have increases attackspeed aura? i understand that hes helping but still it dont realy fit there

Sheam

Reaction score
Yes my skills are basic, Agility Up aura is the closest thing I could think of to accommodate the Priest's skill "Agility Up" from the MMO Ragnarok, and I don't have pics yet. If you're looking for Titanic quality work then I'm sorry. I've never done this before. But at least I'm not asking for everyone else to do it for me.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
so are you going to stay true to the skills? because as far as i can tell your just useing default WC3 skills and tacking on Ro skill names on there (for instance, bash in RO is an active skill that deals a % of your attack <lv 10 400%> with a chance of stunning the target, while here its a passive for extra armor peirce damage with stun at a % chance <in other words the default bash>) (or avatar being renamed as endure)

also since your only useing 2-1 classes in your map, your forgetting the all powerfull mass buffer / Elemental forgeing (they are the only means of finding 'normal' weapons with an elemental modifier) / Loot holder Blacksmith.

and why a level cap of 10?

oh yea... what ever happened to prontera? its like the biggest, most populated city just ceced to exist (morric is understandable as stan morroc trashed that place up)

oh yea, one more thing.... any chance we can play as the loveable novice?

ps: now that i think about it..... could it be... that your working on a RoC editor? Default abils.... lvl cap of 10.....

Sheam

Reaction score
This was something I had considered doing to get into making maps. Of course the opportunity is limitless.. I was just following the "start here" guide. Start small. I just wanted to get it out there so people would help beta test it, but by the looks of it, I think this was the wrong community to submit it to.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Well, nobody's really flaming you. :) The guys here are really just trying to help. Psiblade94122 probably wouldn't have posted what he did if you said in your first post that you are still trying to get a feel for the World Editor.

Anyway, I played RO way back then as well, so I know what the skills are supposed to do. You can actually edit the base skills easily to fit your map. Take Bash, for example. You can edit the Fireball spell a little bit (turn it into a hero spell, remove the fireball effect, reduce range to 100 or so, and change the animation to "Attack") and viola, you have the swordsman's Bash. (If you already know all this, disregard this portion of my post :eek:)

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
btw, if u really want the roles to come forward... u should change the kind of armors they have to what ever roll they do.

this pic is a pic u normally ust have on my second screen all the time when i make heroes/skills

it helps thinking of what armor type a hero is gonna have, and also what attack type. for example a dmg dealer "hunter" should maybe use hero or chaos (kinda the same thing really) attack and a healer should use magic attacks. while hunter might use medium armor and the healer unarmored or light armor
and ofc a tank can use hero armor of even forti (but forti armor is kinda overpowered)

think about is hard and well and this u will make all the units fulfill there rolls really well :)

this will result in that a unit that have unarmored will NEVER ever be abel to outtank a unit whit hero armor or somthing like that, whit same stats or abit better. this will make it easyer to balance the rest of the game whit items and sutch. like an +50dmg item will help a hunter more then it helps a priest for example

2upe4wo.jpg

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Oh I just love Ragnarok online, and who has said default WC3 abilities make a map crappy? Still a few triggered spells do add a more original feel to a map so I figured I could do some shameless advertising for some Assassin spells, seeing as you at least plan to use Sonic Blow.

As for the thing in general, I'm not very fond of the idea of having a hardcore-gamestyle as default. If anything it could be a choise of mode, but I'm pretty sure players would be able to die at least once or twice.

The second thing bothering me slightly is the spawn of Lord of Death in Glast Heim, which frankly, doesn't make sense at all since he spawns in Niflheim.

The third would probably be the Knight's Endure ability. I myself think that a map based on something should try to stay as close to the original as possible in certain aspects, abilities being one of them. Endure doesn't do anything that the RO-ability actually does.

The last two is basically just me being picky, but the first issue is something that's worth thinking twice about :p

Good luck with the project too.

Sheam

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I should have said this was my first map. I'm just not a fan of the "its my first time!" thing. -.-

I do plan to expand the classes, but I'm only capable of doing what my experience allows, which for the moment is minimal. I started this map with just the RoC editor, and when I wanted to edit the abilities I realized I had to get TFT, so there's been a few slopes.

I've decided to keep a lot of the default abilities for now until I expand to a bigger map. A majority of them do consist of preexisting skills that have been renamed and edited a bit. And as far as the skills matching RO to the letter, Bowling Bash never stunned the enemies, Firebolt was never an autocast, Endure only increased your mdef and gave you 12 (i think?) free no-flinch hits, Ankle Snare never disarmed the target, didn't have a cooldown, and was based on having "trap" items. The list goes on for the imperfect copies, but I designed them this way to facilitate a different game engine and a teamwork based game. I'm sure my creativity with the skills will expand as my experience does as well with the sequel map.

Right now, I can create all 5 charecters to play single mode for testing, and I defeat Eddga.. barely.. Only to get steamrolled at the orc village because every charecter HAS to use SOME active ability in tune for the group to stay alive. The Wizard needs to frost nova to slow attack speed, the Knight needs to Bowling Bash to give a 2 second time out on damage, the Priest obviously has to heal, the Assassin has to rotate his position, and the Hunter has to Ankle Snare and Double Strafe near-dead targets. That is what has me so excited about the map, and part of what makes it fun to me. Also, Lord of Death is in Glast Heim because I wanted it to look like Dark Lord was manipulating him. Seeing as how after each MVP dies, there's a special effect that shows their soul being drawn away, and they reappear at a obsidian statue, where they're resurrected as the undead by Lord of Death. Sorry I'm a mega man fan, gotta fight the bosses twice. =P

Nivius is right about the armoring. Right now only the Wizard is considered unarmored, and I think it will add a more dynamic prioritization within the mob encounters than setting default defense values and hp.

Holy Crap Larcenist, you seem to be a bit of an RO fan yourself. My version of Sonic blow was extremely simple compared to yours though. I just edited that hammer throw ability by the mountain king hero, and made it 100 range, with the "mirror image" sound effect, and an exploding body for blood detail. >.> Btw you're right about the hardcore gaming, I think I can set the Vendors that pop up for hero resurrection, so that way you don't start back at the beginning.

But yeah, thanks for the critique guys, it's help make a few decisions. What I had originally envisioned would involve a lot more classes, and transcendent properties. (Novice, 1st Class, 2nd Class, Transcendent Class, and Transcendent 2nd Class.) I'll definatly expand on the sequel and make it more MMO-feel based.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It seems to be a really good start for a first map (or even if it's not a first). IMO I can't see too much wrong, but I haven't played RO before. Good luck with it :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.