rain of chaos

dodongo

Reaction score
does anyone know how to make an infernal rain from the sky every so often? like in the final level of the orc campaign where every minute or so an infernal rains from the sky in some random spot

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You will need:

Dummy ability based off of Infernal (0 mana cost, 0 cooldown, 999999 casting range)
Dummy caster
Point variable

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 30 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = random point in (playable map area)
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster at Point facing default degrees
      • Unit - Add Infernal (Dummy) to (last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (last created unit) to Infernal - Point [I don't know the exact command for this ability]
      • Unit - Add a 2 second generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
      • custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

And then you could do fancy stuff like shake the camera, order the Inferal to attack a city, etc.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
A dummy caster is just a unit you create that has no model, no shadow, no attack, and the ability 'locust', which makes it unselectable. Then once it is created you use it to cast spells.

Read this

dodongo

Reaction score
checked that thread but i still dont know how to make a dummy. is it s custom unit? if it is then how do you get it to have no model? and i dont know how to edit mana cost of an ability or casting range. or even add the inferno ability to it unless i make it a hero. and i dont know how to remove shadow. i might go to hive too for help

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
you can create custom units in the object editor. c&p any unit to create a new unit of the same type, then give it the values as said in the thread. for a visual tutorial, there is a few bit on youtube which shows step by step from start to finish (and includes creating new units, abilities, triggers etc) link. creating dummy units, is no different to creating a custom unit.

this is also a great written tutorial, which covers about 25% of spellmaking in GUI.

then if you feel confident in making these dummy units and lazy the next time you need it (for a another map etc), just import it from dummycaster.

edit
link to a tutorial specifically on dummy units

Jedi

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • inf
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Infernal for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You may rather want to create some regions, save them as an array and then create a random point in a random region (by using a random index). Selecting any point as the above posters suggested can also mean that your Infernal will be cast at sea, in the middle of a forest or other unpathable terrain, which will just result in the Infernal not appearing most of the time.

dodongo

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • inf
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Infernal for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

ty now i dont have to get into the details of making dummies :). not to sound like a jerk but the tutorials mentioned needed frozen throne and i dont have it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.