Ranger hero - Need Ultimate Spell Idea

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
My map is going to finally get its first agility hero (although the progress may be slow). I have all of my abilities figured out except the heroes ultimate.

The hero is a ranger, agility as its primary attribute. It focuses primarily on dealing damage quickly, both through auto attacks and its abilities and the hero. The hero will also have one of the highest agility stats amongst the heroes, maybe even the highest agility by the end of the game.

Give me some ideas, i'll give you +rep ^^

EDIT: Here are the planned abilities

Piercing Arrows - Activate piercing arrows to lower attack speed by 25%, but have 30/40/50/60/70% chance to do 2x the damage.
Destroying Shot - An arrow is fired upon an enemy dealing 30/50/70/90/110 + 1x agility in damage. Reduces the opponents armor by 1/2/3/4/5
Shattering Shot - An arrow is fired on an enemy dealing x damage. This arrow then shatters and hits nearby opponents dealing half of the x damage (unsure about the damage yet, hence the x).
Marksman - Increases ranged damage by x% per level. Also, every time an enemy dies next to the ranger she gains some agility (don't know the exact amount yet, but it will not be a lot, perhaps 0.05 (every 20 enemies nets her +1 agility), this is subject to balance)
Thrill of the Hunt - Increases attack and move speed by x% per level. Every time she strikes a unit during this spell the ranger will gain 3% attack speed. Stacks up to 5/6/7/8/10 times.
Ultimate - ?

If possible synergy is preferred, and now you see that she is a pure marksman, therefore Magical abilities are not that well suited for her.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Elemental Arrows
passive
The ranger binds the elements of nature into her arrows to add an extra effect to them upon impact. Random element for every arrow fired

Fire - adds a dps which does damage based on agility
Ice - slows
Earth - stuns
Lightning - launches a chain lightning

Piercing Shot
Active (point target)
the ranger fires an arrow so powerful that when it hits a unit, the unit will become impaled by it and will be dragged along until the arrow reaches it's final destination. The arrow will impale all units it hits along the way. At the destination, the arrow will explode causing shrapnel to fly out, slowing and reducing the armor of nearby enemies. Distance of the arrow is equal to agility * 5

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Name: Matrix Bullet Time
Description: The World slows down around the Ranger as she knows it, her reflexes improve, her senses, sight, speed, evasion, accuracy, boost before her eyes, allowing much stronger attacks.
Effects: Adds: Evasion. Critical Strike. Bonus Damage. Bonus Speed. Bonus Movement Speed. Bonus Sight. Slow aura.

Alternative:

Name: Plasma Boomerang
Description: An arrow infused with plasma with the capabilities of ripping the ground up, forcing back enemies, thrusting them in the air, tearing through her foes, lurches out of the hero at a supersonic speed which returns to the hero, it is then throwable again, and again. The Plasma is so intense, even looking at it burns your eyes out. Once it overloads, it explodes, in a huge fiery display of radiation and burning arrows, each of the arrows impaling and heavily wounding and burning its enemies.
Effects: Once thrown it applys a random affect to all the targets, it can:
  • Knockback
  • Make the enemies jump in the air
  • Burn right through and stun and take extra damage
All of which hurt the enemy. Every damaged foe takes immense fire DOT. Once it returns to the hero, it is placed as another ability inside the UI, (it removes the "Summon Boomerang" and replaces it with "Rethrow") each of the subsequent throws deal less and less damage, when the radiation becomes too intense, the boomerang will explode, no matter wether thrown or still in hand, releasing a huge shockwave of burning arrows which spread out like a ring, as well as deadly radiation, in a huge explosion that deals massive damage, and burns everybody for 60% of their max life.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Nenad, it might help if you posted the skills you have already decided for this hero-that way the ultimate can be made to synergize/balance with the other abilities.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
roughly speaking, how much agility does the hero start with, and how much agility will the hero end up with in mid-game, and how much at the end of the game?

perhaps
(agility / 2)% chance of evasion??
(agility / level of hero)% chance to do (agility * level of hero) damage? (might get too powerful)

canons200

Reaction score
idea 1, for 10 seconds duration, cause the hero to deal (agility X the spell level) extra damage into each attack.

idea 2, release 10 shoots in a second to a target enemy and each shoot damage is equal to agility of the hero.

idea 3, cast for 5 seconds, deal massive damage to a target area enemy.

forget to ask, your hero ultimate need to target single/ multi enemy?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Elemental Arrows
passive
The ranger binds the elements of nature into her arrows to add an extra effect to them upon impact. Random element for every arrow fired

Ice - slows
Earth - stuns

Although nice, it doesn't fit with the ranger i'm making ^^

Piercing Shot
Active (point target)
the ranger fires an arrow so powerful that when it hits a unit, the unit will become impaled by it and will be dragged along until the arrow reaches it's final destination. The arrow will impale all units it hits along the way. At the destination, the arrow will explode causing shrapnel to fly out, slowing and reducing the armor of nearby enemies. Distance of the arrow is equal to agility * 5

Godly, but sadly i don't think i can make this spell +rep for cool ideas to you ^^

Name: Matrix Bullet Time
Description: The World slows down around the Ranger as she knows it, her reflexes improve, her senses, sight, speed, evasion, accuracy, boost before her eyes, allowing much stronger attacks.
Effects: Adds: Evasion. Critical Strike. Bonus Damage. Bonus Speed. Bonus Movement Speed. Bonus Sight. Slow aura.

Alternative:

Name: Plasma Boomerang
Description: An arrow infused with plasma with the capabilities of ripping the ground up, forcing back enemies, thrusting them in the air, tearing through her foes, lurches out of the hero at a supersonic speed which returns to the hero, it is then throwable again, and again. The Plasma is so intense, even looking at it burns your eyes out. Once it overloads, it explodes, in a huge fiery display of radiation and burning arrows, each of the arrows impaling and heavily wounding and burning its enemies.
Effects: Once thrown it applys a random affect to all the targets, it can:

* Knockback
* Make the enemies jump in the air
* Burn right through and stun and take extra damage

All of which hurt the enemy. Every damaged foe takes immense fire DOT. Once it returns to the hero, it is placed as another ability inside the UI, (it removes the "Summon Boomerang" and replaces it with "Rethrow") each of the subsequent throws deal less and less damage, when the radiation becomes too intense, the boomerang will explode, no matter wether thrown or still in hand, releasing a huge shockwave of burning arrows which spread out like a ring, as well as deadly radiation, in a huge explosion that deals massive damage, and burns everybody for 60% of their max life.

Very nice, however, too difficult for me i believe. Also doesn't fit the Ranger Image. +rep for ideas ^^

Nenad, it might help if you posted the skills you have already decided for this hero-that way the ultimate can be made to synergize/balance with the other abilities.

I realised it might be a problem, but i had not fully evolved the spells i was supposed to make. The abilities are at the start of the thread!

idea 1, for 10 seconds duration, cause the hero to deal (agility X the spell level) extra damage into each attack.

idea 2, release 10 shoots in a second to a target enemy and each shoot damage is equal to agility of the hero.

idea 3, cast for 5 seconds, deal massive damage to a target area enemy.

forget to ask, your hero ultimate need to target single/ multi enemy?

Thanks for the ideas, but i don't think i'll be using them, they overlap too much with mine ^^ +rep

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
True, but now that i think about it, she already adds critical and in a way has move speed and As so the first ability won't due.

The second is nice, but i'd like something that would be more, non magical? ^^

IronTrout

Reaction score
Elusive Trap
Passive

Has a 10/20/30/40/50% chance when attacked to instantly disappear in a puff of smoke, leaving a replica of the ranger. The replica deals no damage and takes 200% damage but if attacked the attacker will experience reduced armour / takes more damage from the ranger. lasts 25 seconds or until killed. Oh and it can't move

*Issue is it may be a little too mystical for the Ranger*

Fleet of Feet
Passive

The longer the ranger is in movement, the faster she runs. every 1 second in movement / attacking increases movement speed by 2/2.5/3/3.5/4%. Every second she has no action (aka is ordered to *stop*) she loses 4/3.25/2.5/1.75/1% of her bonus movement speed.

*bit weak to be an ultimate, but it is a change from her only offensive spells*

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Elusive Trap
Passive

Has a 10/20/30/40/50% chance when attacked to instantly disappear in a puff of smoke, leaving a replica of the ranger. The replica deals no damage and takes 200% damage but if attacked the attacker will experience reduced armour / takes more damage from the ranger. lasts 25 seconds or until killed. Oh and it can't move

*Issue is it may be a little too mystical for the Ranger*

Fleet of Feet
Passive

The longer the ranger is in movement, the faster she runs. every 1 second in movement / attacking increases movement speed by 2/2.5/3/3.5/4%. Every second she has no action (aka is ordered to *stop*) she loses 4/3.25/2.5/1.75/1% of her bonus movement speed.

*bit weak to be an ultimate, but it is a change from her only offensive spells*

I like the second ability, i'm thinking of adjusting it to be +damage as well, but for the life of me i have no idea how to make this spell >.< I'll try figuring something out, anyone got any ideas?

SanKakU

Reaction score
Elemental Arrows
passive

Ice - slows
Earth - stuns

Piercing Shot
Active (point target)

this is a cool idea, although doubting it would be cool for his hero, i like the idea. trouble is, i think it would be a bit hard to pull off...how would you program it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I see your hero got 3 different kind of "arrow" skills so maybe you could make an ultimate skill which uses this fact, something like this maybe:
Code:
Double Strafting:
The ranger randomly shoots 2 special arrows onto the target, either piercing (double normal damage), shattering (splash damage), destroying (armor down) or a very special and powerful fourth arrow (slow / stun / knockback / DoT / etc)

or maybe
Code:
Arrow Fury:
The ranger falls in rage firing 12 random special arrows onto random targets around her (basicaly uses 12 times one of the 3 arrow skills without mana costs).

i hope i could help you.

IronTrout

Reaction score
I like the second ability, i'm thinking of adjusting it to be +damage as well, but for the life of me i have no idea how to make this spell >.< I'll try figuring something out, anyone got any ideas?

If you want, i can make something up with Gui. I made something not long ago that reduces movement speed by a percentage, so it shouldn't be to hard to increase it.

skyangel1234

Reaction score
Maybe DOTA windrunner's ultimate ?? i forgot the skill name but it active can shoot the target's enemy very very fast until the target die or you move

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
dont have a name, but where she shoots 5 arrows into the air and she quickly runs to where they would land (every 72 degrees around the target approximately 600 warcraft units away from the target) catches the arrow before it lands and shoots it at the target then moves to the next spot going counter clockwise.

aka the ranger is at the points of the star and the target is in the center of the star, while the ranger runs to the next point and shoots the next arrow
link having to do with just prior statement

Winterherz

Reaction score
i have a simple one which is a support ultimate

Lock and Load

Lvl 1: Resets all your cooldowns. And for 30 seconds, increases mana and health regeneration by 0.5%/1% every 0.5 seconds.

Lvl 2: In addition, it grants 30% of agi and int as damage and there is 18% chance when you are hit while under Lock and Load to increase your critical strike by 100% for 5 seconds. (has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds. 5 second gap to which the trigger could happen again so it does not spam when you are hit with multiple units).

This one is not ultimate, it's an auto-shot arrow spell that deals x damage every 0.10 seconds for 12 seconds. it may give diversity to your damage dealing spells

Noxious Arrow

Fires a noxious arrow and spreads the poison to nearby enemies. Decreases x armor and deals 15 damage to the primary target and 50% less to nearby targets every 0.1 seconds for 12 seconds.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Name:Strafe
Description: The archer rapidly shoots out arrows at light speed (not literately) which rip right through her foes, with a stun and very high damage. The spell lasts for a very long time and every succesful kill with Strafe increases her damage by 3 and attack speed by 3% until the spell is canceled by either taking damage, moving, or canceling the spell via the UI.
Effects: No target ability. Creates a "cone" of arrows that shoot out of the archer dealing 3x her damage with a 30% chance of stun. Every kill with strafe increases her damage by 3 and attack speed by 3%. All the effects are abolished after moving, taking damage or canceling the spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.