[Recruiting] People needed for small "arena" map.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Robot Wars!
Everyone has heard of Robot Wars, haven't they? Well if you somehow haven't it's people building their own robots and fighting each other in an arena. This is inspired by the Warlock maps (although I still have always wanted to do something like this) but it will still be far from it.

How to play:
Each player is able to buy their own robot at start, the robots are good in different ways (right now there is heavy, medium and light tank. Only difference is armor, health and speed atm.) You will then be able to buy abilities for your robot to then use these to smash your enemies in the arena. You move as usual with the mouse and guide around using abilities, you have no normal attack damage so you can only attack with your abilities.

Screenies:
flamethrowerfs8.png
rocketrainam0.png
arcaneboltcm2.png

I'm thinking of using two different possible modes, Survival tournament and rounds.
Rounds:
Player 1 selects the amount of rounds until the game finishes and the scores is calculated.
Survival tournament: More aerna:ish, everyone spawn after x seconds after death and the first one to achieve x scores wins.

There will be random event and some "traps" that will go on and off every now and then and maybe some "traps" that players can activate somehow.

What I need is:
Terrainer: (manofsteel) I have built up the base terrain but it still would require more work.
Trap creator: (PureOwnage) Creation of the different sorts of "traps" and random events that can occur.
Spell maker: (Squishy) Trigger the abilities that will be used, this is one of the more important tasks.
AI Creator: (Zack1996) If anyone is good with making AI system or have any for an arena sort of map then it would be very appreciated.

(The map is in Newgen btw so you will need that if you want to help me. You can download the latest patch here.)

Now I will answer the question that is always asked when this sort of thread is taken up: What will I do?
Well what won't I do? I will mostly focus on spell triggering (yes I still need someone more to help me out because there are to be a lot of abilities), But I will also watch over the process and help out.

Well I think that's everything I can tell you right now... Thanks for reading and have a splendid continued day/evening whatever^^
/Kazuga

Update:
Have made some progress with the map, the robots is now heroes but lvl will be disabled. Added an item shop but haven't created so much items yet. Made some new abilities and added them to the shops. The round game type is now almost fully working (a minor bug is still causing the victory to not work but it will be solved soon.) You can now choose if the pit is to be on or off. You now choose your robot with double click. Knock back resistance added.

Still searching for:
Non target spell ideas
Ai creator
Trap ideas

Since none of those who signed up except Squishy and Manofsteel has shown any progress.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I'll be a trap creator for this. I love arenas.
We need more original ideas though.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>I'll be a trap creator for this. I love arenas.
Great, added:thup:
>We need more original ideas though.
Hm yes, will see if I can bring something up... I send you the map at it's current state btw so you can look through what we have this far. (Need to go to sleep now so I will be away for a while, soon morning here^^)

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I could help out with making spells, though only in GUI, I don't know JASS yet.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I could help out with making spells, though only in GUI, I don't know JASS yet.
Same here, I would love to help but I don't know JASS... But I would like to help but if there is only one slot then Squishy should have it.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
GUI works fine to as long as it's leakless and mui. If both of you want to help out with it that works fine for me, the more people we have the better.:) Added you to the list and sent you the current map.

Edit: The spells will mostly be hostile and active but there will also be some "Save your ass" spells as jump, charge, and drag beam. You are free to make up own ideas for spells if you want to, otherwise I can help you out so you get get started. You can always start off with one of the examples I mentioned.

If anything stays unclear don't feel afraid to ask me.
/Kazuga

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Bump, still need terrainer, trap maker and if possible AI creator. Also if anyone would like to test the map at it's current state in order to help me improve what I have at the moment I will now upload the map. It doesn't contain much at the moment but 4 spells are completed (except Bouncing Glaive, it bounces far too much atm will see if I can fix it) with upgrades and the point income is 70% completed. Only 3 Robots at the moment though so ideas for new ones is mostly welcome.

All criticism is mostly welcome, in fact I want you to criticize it since it will only make the map nothing but better. I dare you to criticize my map^^
/Kazuga

Edit: Map moved to first post.

manofsteel

Reaction score
What kind of terrrain do you need? Haven't taken a look at the map but if it's some kind of forest terrain I could do it.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
No, it's as far from forest as it can get^^ You can see some of the terrain from the screenshots at the first post. But it's a small but still not too small square formed arena of cityscape terrain.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wait, I might try my hand at the AI instead of the spells cos I can't promise that the spells I make are MUI. Also, I have a pretty good idea on how to make the AI for your map, so please change my position, thanks.

PS: Map looks great right now, the terrain is still not very good though... Maybe make it more tournament like terrain.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ok good, moved you to the AI spot. Ye I know the terrain isn't the best, that's why I searched for a terrainer^^

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Yes I read it. Newgen doesn't work with the latest patch, but you can fix it if you download what UndeadDragon uploaded here. Would be great if you could make the traps:)

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I'll just start copying over my brother's WE and try again and hope for no errors.
EDIT: Works! I'll be trap maker again.

manofsteel

Reaction score
Here, I did some fast terraining, tell me if you like it and I will continue to work on it.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm some of it is real good but some doesn't work with the map.

Downsides:
Trees: Trees will make it too easy to avoid spells etc and will mostly be in the way.
Archay "tunnels": You can't see your robot when your in there so they are completely unnecessary^^
Firepits: The reason I used blight there was to really show that they are dangerous areas. (You take damage if standing within that area), rough dirt may look it enterable without taking damage so it could confuse players even if it's on fire.
Grass in middle: I don't know if grass fit in inside the arena, especially if the rest is citylike..

Upsides:
Love the terrain rest of the terrain inside, it would look really well if you filled the rest of the arena in the same way.

Oh and I notice that you like to make forest terrain (yes I know you said it also^^), so I was thinking. If you could create a forest terrain outside the arena? (Not within the shop walls though) Would be really cool to have something more than a black border^^

manofsteel

Reaction score
What about the river, can I use doodads there? I also improved the river, so that it looks better.

manofsteel

Reaction score
  • Added lots of doodads to the river.
  • Removed the trees and the grass in the middle.
  • Removed the tunnels.
  • Added blight at firepits.

Tell me if anything needs to be changed and if you need any other help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.