[Recruiting] People needed for small "arena" map.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Looks great! I love it, good job:thup:
If you want you can also create a forest to the south, west and est of the arena (just change the camera bounds). But that's up to you;) +rep though.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I added in a Charge ability to the terrained version of the map.

Attachments

• Robot Wars 3.w3x
    248.3 KB · Views: 250

27mad

i'll try

i'll help i'll give you ideas + gona give u a terrain in a day or 2 to see if you like it k?? i can make some spells 2 if u want

manofsteel

Reaction score
I added in a Charge ability to the terrained version of the map.

Good looking, but found some leaks in the code(about 5 point leaks), so I fixed them. You forgot to remove the points inside the loops and the charge units point leaked.

Squishy

Reaction score
I thought you could set a variable twice and just remove it at the end and it won't leak. Though I might be wrong.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Good looking, but found some leaks in the code(about 5 point leaks), so I fixed them. You forgot to remove the points inside the loops and the charge units point leaked.
May I tell you another problem?
The Order ID for flamethrower and rocket is the same thing.

manofsteel

Reaction score

I didn't look at those, only at the charge triggers but they also need to be changed.:) And I can also do a spell if you want me to, working a little on a plow spell, <-could be used? It plows all enemy units forward and kills them if they enter water, or falls down from a cliff also deals damage.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Yes I know. There aren't enough original wc3 spells for all of the custom spells so the spell selection will be like the warlock one. Meaning some spells are based on the same one and when you buy a spell all the other spells that are based on the same one will disappear from your shop.

I'm going to have a look at the charge ability and if there is nothing that needs to be changed I implement it into the map. Thanks Squishy:thup:

27mad, the arena and shop terrain is already created. Although outside those it could need som terraining. So I gladly accept your help. Welcome aboard^^

edit: Manofsteel, did you read my message btw?

Edit: Ok tested it, but for some reason when I used it the caster was instantly moved to the center of the map.. That's not supposed to happen now is it?..
Edit: Oh that was Manofsteel's version, tested your's and it worked well. Will modify the range of it so it depends of the level of the ability. Good work +rep:)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Yeah, the charge ability does not work cos the user got teleported to the center of the map for some reason...
I am going to start planning out the AI so what do you want the AI to do? As in how will they respond, what abilities they buy, what robots they buy etc.
Very good terrain BTW.
EDIT: Found out reason for the bug, look at the trigger.
Code:
Charge effect
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in ChargeGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ChargeUnit = (Picked unit)
                Set ChargePoint3 = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set ChargeGroup2 = (Units within 250.00 of ChargePoint3 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ChargeUnit)) Equal to True))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in ChargeGroup2 and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set ChargePoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set ChargePoint2 = (ChargePoint offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from ChargePoint3 to ChargePoint) degrees)
                        Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ChargePoint2
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_ChargePoint)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_ChargePoint2)
                Set ChargePoint2 = ([COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ChargePoint[/COLOR] offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of ChargeUnit) degrees)
                Unit - Move ChargeUnit instantly to ChargePoint2
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of ChargeUnit using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_ChargePoint2)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_ChargePoint3)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_ChargeGroup2)
See the part in blue, you did not specify the value of ChargePoint so it is assumed it is the centre of the map so you need to set ChargePoint to like position of ChargeUnit

EDIT2: Tested it and it works, you must set ChargePoint to position of ChargeUnit (remember to remove the leak after that).

manofsteel

Reaction score
Ohh well I didn't test it after I fixed the leaks, so not very strange that I forgot something.
Also with that plow ability, it's extremly cool but only works the first time you cast it... going to fix that.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Plow ability?

The AI should move around a lot, never stay still. (Except in the shops.) They should buy random abilities and use them against their enemies, (and stay away from the fire pits.)

I have fixed the multiboard and almost 100% done with the round mode, also I made one more shop and sorted the abilities. Added a knockback system but it doesn't seem to work atm, will work on that.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Only works the first time I cast it, the rest of the times the flying things stay in the air at where I casted it and doesn't follow..

toadish

Reaction score
i havent played it yet, but i always loved these type of things, i can help you test if thats all left.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
i havent played it yet, but i always loved these type of things, i can help you test if thats all left.
It's a lot more than testing left^^ Although still not that much since terrain is done, got about 5 spells (of 20-40 will see how many it will be.) But there is still no traps added (except the pit and the fire pits but the pit isn't 100% working yet.)

Anyway I will be off to my cousins until Saturday/Sunday from tomorrow so I won't be able to stay updated until then. I submitted the newest version (with a new vJass spell fully triggered only for this map.)

All you who help me out, continue make spells/traps etc.
Needed spells:
Jump (think I ordered someone to make that one though)
Target and no target spells, ultimates are welcome to. Although they aren't to be too powerful and only have two levels.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I found a bug with the Ultimate ability- lightning totem. Look at the screenie and you will see what I mean.

As you can see, the lightning remained and it did not disappear for like, forever. No idea what the bug is cos I didn't check the code but...
EDIT: The thing seems to occur when I use the Ultimate and spam charge after that... No idea why though, look at the replay if you want to.

Attachments

• BugRobotWars.w3g
    93.7 KB · Views: 202

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Yes I know, I noticed that just after submitting it. But I found the bug and have fixed it now. It was a condition that for some reason only worked every second cast or something.. But it should be fully mui and working now.

The pit should be fully working now, also added a "houserobot" but I will see if it's going to stay or not. Anyway also fixed the floating text when you take damage from the fire pit, it no longer shows 5.000 (which looks like 5000) but says 5 and 5 only. Since this is the last update before I leave I probably won't be able to respond to any messages until Sunday. Though this should not keep you from posting;) The knockback system should be fully working now to.

Squishy

Reaction score
Every time I try to save the map after modifying it, I get an error message. I guess I'll make abilities in a separate map, and you can add them in later.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.