reducing lag in-game

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Lots of special effects, lots of units, lots of units on the screen.

Also, are you sure you removed all the leaks?

cowmenace

Reaction score
As far as I know the filesize of the map wouldn't create lag... look at DotA for example. 3.7mb i believe, no lag. Mine, however, 2.4mb severe lag

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
As far as I know the filesize of the map wouldn't create lag... look at DotA for example. 3.7mb i believe, no lag. Mine, however, 2.4mb severe lag

It's not the file size of the models, it's just that custom models can be complicated, and the more complicated a model is, the more lag it creates-- for every model, your computer has to calculate the movements of each part of that model multiple times per second. This is probably the cause of your problem.

cowmenace

Reaction score
is there a way to make these models less complicated?

BTW are you talking about the number of polys? or are you talking about animations

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
Any chance you are having many "Every 0.0X seconds of game time" running at the same time? With 15 running at 0.02 you can easily create huge amounts of lag for weak computers.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
BTW are you talking about the number of polys? or are you talking about animations

both, the more polys the more cpu power is needed to calculate the animations. And the more bones a model has the more complicated the animations areto calculate.

cowmenace

Reaction score
I have 4 or 5 running at .04, and yes i use the optimizer. The custom units are all around 500 polys

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Dota only hav 2 custom modles so that why no lag. U need to reduce the custom modles

Gtam

Reaction score
Yes but not all custom efects go of at once whild he has 100 at the same time and in game modles is the only way

cowmenace

Reaction score
But my custom models are modern soldiers... with guns and stuff o_O I can't just swap them out with wc3 models, that will destroy the game. My dilemma is such a bad one! Ruin the game, or have it be ruined by lag.... The only way it is playable on an average computer is to turn the model detail and animation quality to low, but it's not like people are going to do that just for my game =/ agh, there HAS to be a compromise, I will go insane if there isn't!! I put sooo much time into this

Gtam

Reaction score
Try using the widgetizer to reduce the lag

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
or lower the quality of your models. its warcraft3, it wont make that much of a difference. plus you save map space.

cowmenace

Reaction score
how do I lower the quality? And I'll check out the widgetizer
I didn't make them myself, and the people who made them said not to modify, so...

SiMJoeBoB

Reaction score
the map you made has a lot of terrain, maybe you should bumb down the map... i mean that the mazes of trees might be to much...

PS hi cow, i played your map the other day, and we should add each other as friends!

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
you can either make the map smaller in size or just dl DR online takes 2 minutes google it then hit download.
Edit: Windows only

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.