Removing Hero Glow, tried everything -_-

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
First I exported the TeamGlow00.blp, painted it black and reimported it, didn't work squat.

Then I went to object editor and set the Art - Color to Neutral Hostile, but still it becomes Red when I spawn the unit for player 1, so that didn't work either.

Then I opened the model (arthas in this case) and manually removed the glow and that worked fine, until I disovered the improted model took 300kb, unacceptable -_-.

Seriously, is there no good way to remove that stupid glow?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well, there is a Texture called Replacable Texture 1 and Replaceable Texture 2. If you manage to just paint something over it, and import it as "ReplacableTextures/BLAH/BLAH" don't remember where I got it from :p
Then it WILL work.

F

FViral

I was working on a mod a year ago. Our art guys tried messing with the models any way they could to remove those glow effects to no avail. As far as I know, you can't paint over or remove the glow without leaving an artifact in it's place.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Might be.
Arkan, you can also get other Models, whiyh have a smaller File size, remove the Glow, and import it.

*Offtopic*
Heh, seems like you like Metalocalypse ^^ It's a great show BTW

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
if you have magos model editor, in the "materials" window, find the one that uses "Replaceable ID 2," and in the filter type selection, select "transparent" instead of additive.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Ok so the only option seems to be to edit the model and re-import it for a huge chunk of kB. Gah, thanks anyway.

*OT* Metalocalypse rocks \m/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.