Rep Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I was thinking, people with 0 rep/neutral rep should be able to +rep people too, incase you help them or something.
Also, people with only 100+ rep (or something similar I don't care) should be the only people allowed to -rep, since they actually know when to -rep.
Or can you even do that?
Just thinking aloud here, don't shoot me =X

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Also, people with only 100+ rep (or something similar I don't care) should be the only people allowed to -rep

Well, there are instances where nearly everyone can tell it should be -rep. I think the current system is fine, because if someone with less than 100 rep -reps you, it doesn't hurt that much. He who cannot +rep cannot -rep. :p

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I won't shoot you, but someone else probably will. ;)

But, the system has been around for a long time, it doesn't need changing.

For example, "people with -rep should be able to give +rep".

No. They lost that right by getting -rep in the first place.

Also, people with only 100+ rep (or something similar I don't care) should be the only people allowed to -rep, since they actually know when to -rep.

Also, no. :p If they improperly -rep you, then they probably aren't nice people in the first place, and will get -rep from others for some different reason. Karmas a bitch. :p

Just my thoughts, surely someone will disagree, but I think the systems fine and "Don't fix what isn't broken".

Have a nice day! :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
People with gray rep can +rep. +1.

Everyone can -rep.

Personally. No one should +/- rep unless they've been approved by the staff. Yup yup.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Seth might actually shoot you now. :p

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
If we lived by that we would still be hunters + gatherers >_> <_< >_> <_<
You don't know if it's broken until you fix it!!! lol

Not really. Hunter's weapons broke so they improved them. Gatherers would hurt them selves doin their chores so they improved their methods.

Orphen_123

Reaction score
i think...everyone should give me rep haha nah joke. but doesnt sound lke a bad idea have people with lyke 100+ rep being able to take though any1 should be able to give it. i dont really no wat the current system is though lol

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Neutral rep users can give +1 rep. It was done to ensure that those receiving help (who are often users with 0 rep) reward their helpers, if they ever want to +rep them.

Regarding the 100+ rep thing... -1 rep isn't what's going to hurt you, heh.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not complaining for my sake... I have the odd -rep from newbies, but the biggest gruntle of it is from admins and mods ^^ (shit.)
Just arguing for other people's sake, because lots of newbs get all angry from constructive criticism n stuff.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
in some warcraft-related vBulletin sites, like The Hive (e.g) have this option of "people with only 100+ rep (or something similar I don't care) should be the only people allowed to -rep, since they actually know when to -rep"

but the point is: do we need to change insignificant things?
we better have qualities here, than quantities ^^

Tonks

Reaction score
I think the current system works excellently. there's no reason to set a limit when you have your reputing power based on your reputation.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If we have only members with 100 rep and up repping, then it's pretty much saying only the staff with rep.

Those people with 100 and up would wanna be special and have as few of 'their kind' as posible, no?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So pretty much would it lead to anarchy, Total Chaos, And much much more?

Well I don't think people that have neutral rep or zero rep should rep because someone can just rep themselves but I don't worry about that because TH can't cancel rep

Well I think the Rep system should stay the same just so all the things that I said above don't happen

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Personally, I love to see people who have fun without rep.

How about you?

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, what's all the fuss about rep anyways..I mean all that matters is that you helped somone right?

:D

Well, the only good thing about rep is it encourages you to help and obey the rules..:)

Anyways, yeah that 100+ rep people are the only people who can -rep idea wouldn't work, as certain people who acheive 100+ rep will abuse that, -rep everyone possible so they will be one of the only people who can actually do -rep to people, then they would be "god" of rep and you know what happens then...

Anyways that story can go on forever, so let's stop it now by leaving rep the way it is :D,
Knights:cool:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> -rep everyone possible so they will be one of the only people who can actually do -rep to people, then they would be "god" of rep

Actually, a Staff member would notice and "demote" those members to "those below 100 rep." since they don't deserve it afterall... Heh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.