Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyghost

Reaction score
Hi , I am trying to replicate myself one dota hero, the spirit breaker,I managed to make 2 out of his 4 abilities but im having trouble with the third one.I already looked in resources but didnt find it(if anyone does pls tell me link),so this is the ability more or less.

Charge of darkness
The hero targets a unit (spell has 999999 range) and heads towards it gaining movespeed and transparency the more he travels,upon reaching his objective he will stun the targeted unit.Any given order,or interrup(stun,hex etc) while charging the unit will result in cancelling the spell(this is no stun and movespeed and transparence back to normal,but will still have lost mana and activated the cd),also after some time charging(lets say 10 sec) the unit becomes magic inmune.

Doesnt need to be MUI or anything.If it is of any use I can upload what I currently have of this spell,but I remember it doesnt work good.

Thanks for any help.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I can explain the logic to you. For the exact triggers you'll need to give me a bit more time...especially if it's MUI (which would be useful).

So you first need an enemy unit target infinite range active spell. Once you have that a trigger checks when this spell is cast. When the spell is cast, it periodically slides the unit towards the targeted unit (set to a variable) while playing the unit's move animation. Set the speed of the slide to be a variable, and gradually increase it. Along with increasing the speed, set the transparency of the unit gradually lower and lower (I'm not sure as to the exact action of this....but I know it's there).

In the periodic slide trigger you will also need three conditions:
1) If the current order of the unit is not equal to (your base spell) then switch off the slide trigger.
2) If the distance between the target and the caster becomes less than....100? then switch off the slide and stun the target via a dummy spawn/cast.
3) If the time of sliding becomes more than 10 seconds, then give the caster activated avatar...or some version of magic immunity.

That should cover everything...

Kittenbaby

Reaction score
For some reason it's not uploading the triggers and custom objects when I upload the map. :confused: I'll probably have to figure it out later, gotta get ready for work. :( My apologies.

reyghost

Reaction score
Mmm,so you mean using a custom ability with inf range,channeling(channel will be ok ?),and slide the man playing animation?,that will look weird wouldnt it ?,i mean the move animation is the same but the speed will be increasing hard so the units movespeed wouldnt match with the units stride.and also will the man follow a normal path,or slide straight to the target?
I also have some problems with the stun part,very unpredictable when used against a close unit.

adeoin

Reaction score
Will start on them later today (bout 4 or 5 hours), gotta work right now though :p
EDIT: Quick question, do you want the spell (Slash) to be so you have to target the unit, or you want it to be whoever you are already attacking?

whoever is infront

Dest

Reaction score
@Dest:

Ok. Finished your first spell apart from the passive bit. Am unaware as to how to do that with GUI code....so I'm leaving that part out.

Eleclipse:
- Do you want the name Eclipse? :p
- Have you decided on the damage of each lightning strike?

Energetism:
-
By this do you mean that the balls move towards the targeted unit...and the damage they deal depends on how far they've moved before striking the target?
- If ^ was yes, then do you want a specific speed for the balls?

Just Eleclipse. :p

For Energetism, like what I mean for an example, if an enemy is attacked by the caster's spell, the ball that is floating around the caster will fly and hit onto the enemy, doing more damage if it is activated. It cannot be activated again if there is at least one ball flying around the caster. The damage depends as the balls fly around the hero one time, it charges, two times, it charges and for three times, it finally charges last time. The specific speed for balls is like the attack very fast.

kaboo

Reaction score
@Glenphir
what do you say about teaming up?
i like spell creating and when we will be two, more spells can be made in less time :p
(im not joking)

RueK

Reaction score
Triple Throw
(autocast)

each attack throws 3 (whatever missile model u want) dealing 5/10/15/20% of your current agility (showing a floating text like "+29" above the attacked unit
, it must work autocasting or not autocasting. just like the glaives of wisdom in dota (if you played it) but 3 times in an attack/cast

please do this i am making an DPS hero and this is the priority in him, thanks!

hint: you can use poison arrows and use its buff to make the dmg detection system.

killbuzz

Reaction score
Slash & Shield

Slash and Shield are done :)
There are two things I couldn't do though, for slash you will have to target the unit you want to knockback (Couldn't figure out how to get only 1 unit infront of the caster), and I didn't put in the rock thing you wanted (not sure how you wanted it in). Lemme know if theres anything you wanted changed, and if you really want I will have another go at making Slash a one-click ability.

To import into your map, just copy-paste the Trigger folder, the two custom abilities, and the custom buff. Make sure you have "Auto create unknown variables on paste" checked on under preferences.

Attachments

• Slash.w3x
    39.5 KB · Views: 292

killbuzz

Reaction score
Triple Throw
(autocast)

each attack throws 3 (whatever missile model u want) dealing 5/10/15/20% of your current agility (showing a floating text like "+29" above the attacked unit
, it must work autocasting or not autocasting. just like the glaives of wisdom in dota (if you played it) but 3 times in an attack/cast

hint: you can use poison arrows and use its buff to make the dmg detection system.

Will start on this spell either tonight, or later tomorow :)
If anyone wants to do it sooner, go ahead I have no problems with that :thup:
(Just lemme know, so I dont end up wasting my time)

Kittenbaby

Reaction score
Ok, I think I finally got it to upload properly. My apologies for the delay, I've no idea why it didn't upload the triggers and custom units when I tried it earlier (the first file I uploaded was the wrong one anyways). Yay for Murphy's Law. :banghead:

Attachments

• New Zombie Survival.w3x
    41.4 KB · Views: 270

RueK

Reaction score
Will start on this spell either tonight, or later tomorow :)
If anyone wants to do it sooner, go ahead I have no problems with that :thup:
(Just lemme know, so I dont end up wasting my time)

i forgot something, this is how it should work

every misile impact should deal dmg. i forgot that so when the unit is attacked it shows like +29
+29
+29

thats alll thanks!

yuganeigii

Reaction score
hello i like to make a request spell

I need a spell that works like frost arrow but when in autocast mode gives a 5% chance to cast a frost nova skill..

level 1--5% slow, 8 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 12seconds cooldown

level 2--10% slow, 16 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 8 seconds cooldwon

level 3--15% slow, 24 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 4 seconds cooldown

level 4--20% slow, 32 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 0 second cooldown

please make it in GUI so that i can modify it
and if you like you could give name to the spell(coz im pretty bad in naming things)
make it MUI
thanks ill give you credit / rep after this

threeninezer

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time here but i have a handful of requests. Im just really exited.

LEAP:
A skill (like leap) with 600 cast range and will deal 1000 damage within 150 radius on the landing area. [toss effect]

DODGE:
A skill (like phase shift) that can be autocasted that will negate all type of attacks and that looks like leap but sidewards [the caster will leap for 150 range where his side is facing retaining his current facing position].

FROZEN SHOT:
A skill (like elunes arrow) that will slow enemies within 200 area and stuns the first unit it collides within 100 area. If it collides within 200 range it will deal 500 damage and slow them [frost nova effect] it wont stun and will continue to fly for 1800 range. It should only stun and stop if it collides with a unit within 100 range and deal 1000 damage and 5 second stun [frost bite effect].

FORCE SHOT:
A skill (like elunes arrow) that will knockback (and deal 1000 damage to) the first target it collides along with the arrow (the target and the arrow will hover) until it reaches 1800 range or if it collides with something. If possible the second collided unit by the arrow and the first collided unit will slightly be knocked back(with 500 damage), if its a tree then trees will be destroyed.

Thank you and advance and more power to you guys. Im still thinking of more creative skills so better be ready haha! I hope skills would be GUI.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
DODGE:
can i request for a skill can be autocasted (like phase shift) that will negate all type of attacks and that looks like leap but backwards.
FROZEN SHOT:
also a skill like elunes arrow but will slow enemies within 200 area and stuns the first unit it collides within 100 area.
FORCE SHOT:
also like elunes arrow that will knockback the first target it collides along with the arrow until it reaches infinite range or if it collides with something... if possible the second collided unit will slightly be knocked back, if its a tree then trees will be destroyed.

For dodge, try editting the graphics of phase shift then, when your unit casts it, move the unit back a bit. (Srry, can't write triggers ATM)

Hi , I am trying to replicate myself one dota hero, the spirit breaker,I managed to make 2 out of his 4 abilities but im having trouble with the third one.I already looked in resources but didnt find it(if anyone does pls tell me link),so this is the ability more or less.

Charge of darkness
The hero targets a unit (spell has 999999 range) and heads towards it gaining movespeed and transparency the more he travels,upon reaching his objective he will stun the targeted unit.Any given order,or interrup(stun,hex etc) while charging the unit will result in cancelling the spell(this is no stun and movespeed and transparence back to normal,but will still have lost mana and activated the cd),also after some time charging(lets say 10 sec) the unit becomes magic inmune.

Doesnt need to be MUI or anything.If it is of any use I can upload what I currently have of this spell,but I remember it doesnt work good.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a link. It has all the spirit Breakers spells ready for import and in GUI:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1104452#post1104452

Sartan

Reaction score
hello i like to make a request spell

I need a spell that works like frost arrow but when in autocast mode gives a 5% chance to cast a frost nova skill..

level 1--5% slow, 8 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 12seconds cooldown

level 2--10% slow, 16 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 8 seconds cooldwon

level 3--15% slow, 24 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 4 seconds cooldown

level 4--20% slow, 32 bonus damage, 5% chance to do a frost nova with 25 damage and 15 nova damage(0% slow on frost nova) 0 second cooldown

please make it in GUI so that i can modify it
and if you like you could give name to the spell(coz im pretty bad in naming things)
make it MUI
thanks ill give you credit / rep after this

here it is...
was to lazy to edit the frost arrow skill, so you will have to do that yourself.

Attachments

• frost arrow.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 310

lionheadxO

Reaction score
I have a request too :). Thanks for the tips on the other skill I posted up last week. I've been trying to figure out how to make this one, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Smokebomb (Based off Berzerk because it has no animation) - Causes the unit the disappear for 2 seconds, dropping a smokebomb (cloud) in his place slowing, silencing, and causing units afftected to miss.

I haven't figured out how to make the effect last for 2 seconds without a wait function, so the spell will be atleast MPI, and I haven't figured out how to get the cloud to cast targeting the position of the caster.

Trigger:
  • Smokebomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Smokebomb [T]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to dummy
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unhide (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
      • Selection - Select (Triggering unit) for (Triggering player)

I've tried some different ways to try to get the cloud off, but because its an AoE effect needing a target ground target I couldn't figure out how to get the cloud to go off.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Ok, I have another one :p

Shock ball (if you have a better name, go ahead lol)

The witch doctor creates a hug ball of electricty that moves 500 in the direction of the cast. The lightning ball flies over enemies, unleashing smaller lightning balls on enemies( like pheonix fire). The Bigger ball shoots smaller balls at all enemies within 300 of the big ball. The smaller balls have a .5 cooldown for their target. Upon reaching the 500 mark of how far it went, it dissapates, shooting one last wave of small balls at all enemies in 500 range. The electricity balls do the Witch doctor's Mind (Intell) / 10

Heal Ball
Exactly the same as Shock ball except that it's a big ball of light and shoots small balls of light that heal allies for Int / 11

Clarify: Caster shoots big ball that moves in direction of cast. Big ball shoots small balls at enemies as it passes by. Big ball reaches range limit and dissapates, with one last attack wave.

Edit: On the heal one, can you put the green flaoting text for how much they get healed?

Pretty much finished it but the small lightning balls look weird. Since they travel a short distance, you can barely see the small lightning balls or holy balls. Want me to attach a lightning effect instead of the small lightning balls?

Slash and Shield are done
There are two things I couldn't do though, for slash you will have to target the unit you want to knockback (Couldn't figure out how to get only 1 unit infront of the caster), and I didn't put in the rock thing you wanted (not sure how you wanted it in). Lemme know if theres anything you wanted changed, and if you really want I will have another go at making Slash a one-click ability.

To import into your map, just copy-paste the Trigger folder, the two custom abilities, and the custom buff. Make sure you have "Auto create unknown variables on paste" checked on under preferences.

Just checking, is this MUI?

Triple Throw
(autocast)

Just to make sure, does your normal damage occur simultaneously with the 3 projectiles?

Ok, I think I finally got it to upload properly. My apologies for the delay, I've no idea why it didn't upload the triggers and custom units when I tried it earlier (the first file I uploaded was the wrong one anyways). Yay for Murphy's Law.

Posted the map. Removed the leaks and everything. Works fine now. You actually didn't do exactly what Joccaren told you to do 0.o

Hi, this is my first time here but i have a handful of requests. Im just really exited.

LEAP:
A skill (like leap) with 600 cast range and will deal 1000 damage within 150 radius on the landing area. [toss effect]

DODGE:
A skill (like phase shift) that can be autocasted that will negate all type of attacks and that looks like leap but sidewards [the caster will leap for 150 range where his side is facing retaining his current facing position].

FROZEN SHOT:
A skill (like elunes arrow) that will slow enemies within 200 area and stuns the first unit it collides within 100 area. If it collides within 200 range it will deal 500 damage and slow them [frost nova effect] it wont stun and will continue to fly for 1800 range. It should only stun and stop if it collides with a unit within 100 range and deal 1000 damage and 5 second stun [frost bite effect].

FORCE SHOT:
A skill (like elunes arrow) that will knockback (and deal 1000 damage to) the first target it collides along with the arrow (the target and the arrow will hover) until it reaches 1800 range or if it collides with something. If possible the second collided unit by the arrow and the first collided unit will slightly be knocked back(with 500 damage), if its a tree then trees will be destroyed.

Thank you and advance and more power to you guys. Im still thinking of more creative skills so better be ready haha! I hope skills would be GUI.

I'm assuming you want it in MUI. Will get started as soon as possible.

I have a request too . Thanks for the tips on the other skill I posted up last week. I've been trying to figure out how to make this one, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Smokebomb (Based off Berzerk because it has no animation) - Causes the unit the disappear for 2 seconds, dropping a smokebomb (cloud) in his place slowing, silencing, and causing units afftected to miss.

I haven't figured out how to make the effect last for 2 seconds without a wait function, so the spell will be atleast MPI, and I haven't figured out how to get the cloud to cast targeting the position of the caster.

Will trigger this in MUI ASAP.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@Dest: Right. I think I get the basic idea now. Will start.

Please read to all who request: Before requesting a spell, please note that:
1) These spells are done in GUI => have the limitations of GUI

Also, try and use the search function before requesting. Many spells have been made before time and time again. Thanks.

----

Edit: Have come across two places where I'm a little stuck:
1) How would you detect whether or not there's a UNIT TARGET for an ability being cast....as in it's not a no target / point target spell / AOE spell.

Kittenbaby

Reaction score
Thanks Glenphir. I figured there was something I had missed.

Edit: If I may ask for future reference, what all did I miss from what Joccaren said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.