Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Edit: Have come across two places where I'm a little stuck:
1) How would you detect whether or not there's a UNIT TARGET for an ability being cast....as in it's not a no target / point target spell / AOE spell.

You could do a unit comparison.

Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Target unit of ability being cast) Not equal to No unit

EDIT
Sorry for the double post. Lagged.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Would you work on triggers we're having trouble with? (That's not a spell)

If you don't in this thread, could we PM you possibley?

I'm having trouble linking two teleporters without using waygates (two regions that are linked together basically)

Thanks

EDIT: There's more to it than just linking, so you can check my previous threads that i posted about it, or I can just PM you, or anyone that would like to help, more info)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
This thread isn't a general help thread.....because that's kinda the point of this forum :p . It's more of a way of organising all the spell requests into one body so that it's more efficient.

If you feel your problem is not being solved on the forum, then feel free to PM someone asking for help.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
hey i wanted to start something like this where other people help in the creating of the spells but many in the poll said it was bad but looks like you proved then wrong. Good on ya mate. Ill even help here and there but currently in exam period so i wouldnt have time for this but if people still have request after my exams i will gladly help.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
hey i wanted to start something like this where other people help in the creating of the spells but many in the poll said it was bad but looks like you proved then wrong. Good on ya mate. Ill even help here and there but currently in exam period so i wouldnt have time for this but if people still have request after my exams i will gladly help.

It's alright. I'd appreciate any help that can be given any time :p

@lionheadxO
Your Smokebomb spell is ready. It's MUI. Posted it in the first post.

GhosTHunteR

Reaction score
Did you mean 3/4/5/6 icicles? How far should the icicles travel and how fast? Yep, I can make it, just need the info above.

Nop, 6 would be too many. And maybe 700-800 range would be nice and I leave the speed decision to you. :p One last thing! I want the texture of the icicle be the Tuskarr projectiles, I suppose you know them. Thanks again!

EDIT: Woah, I've just seen you had already done it. Thanks again, I'll do the further edits by myself. It looks great though, +rep!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a spell request.

It's based on percentage healing.

For the first six seconds, the spell will heal 5% of heal per second.

Then for the next four seconds, it will heal 10% of health per second.

However, this can only be cast on Units that do not already have it, and can not stack.

I also request it has a green effect of some kind.

Think you can do it?

Hildagarn

Reaction score
Pretty much finished it but the small lightning balls look weird. Since they travel a short distance, you can barely see the small lightning balls or holy balls. Want me to attach a lightning effect instead of the small lightning balls?
would it work if the balls were slower?

RueK

Reaction score
Pretty much finished it but the small lightning balls look weird. Since they travel a short distance, you can barely see the small lightning balls or holy balls. Want me to attach a lightning effect instead of the small lightning balls?

Just checking, is this MUI?

Just to make sure, does your normal damage occur simultaneously with the 3 projectiles?

Posted the map. Removed the leaks and everything. Works fine now. You actually didn't do exactly what Joccaren told you to do 0.o

I'm assuming you want it in MUI. Will get started as soon as possible.

Will trigger this in MUI ASAP.

for my spell, triple throw, each hit does its own dmg, you know as the name says "triple throw" throws 3 misiles at the same time on each attack and each one does its own dmg. i think you need to use dummy units and use diferent casting times so it will not look crowded.

killbuzz

Reaction score
Pretty much finished it but the small lightning balls
Slash and Shield are done
There are two things I couldn't do though, for slash you will have to target the unit you want to knockback (Couldn't figure out how to get only 1 unit infront of the caster), and I didn't put in the rock thing you wanted (not sure how you wanted it in). Lemme know if theres anything you wanted changed, and if you really want I will have another go at making Slash a one-click ability.

To import into your map, just copy-paste the Trigger folder, the two custom abilities, and the custom buff. Make sure you have "Auto create unknown variables on paste" checked on under preferences.

Just checking, is this MUI?

Yup. :thup:

killbuzz

Reaction score
I have a spell request.

It's based on percentage healing.

For the first six seconds, the spell will heal 5% of heal per second.

Then for the next four seconds, it will heal 10% of health per second.

However, this can only be cast on Units that do not already have it, and can not stack.

I also request it has a green effect of some kind.

Think you can do it?

I'll do it, will be MUI.
EDIT: How many levels do you want? Sounds like theres only one, in which case, do you want it to be a hero spell or a unit spell? Are you okay with auto-casting?
EDIT2: Spell is mostly done, just need to add a decent buff detection system and then should work fine, will do that later tomorow. :)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
would it work if the balls were slower?

Well, it still kind of looks weird even after i changed it.

EDIT
Completed threeninezer's request for the spells Leap, Dodge, Frozen Shot and Force Shot. Demo map uploaded at first post.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Finally finished.

Alrighty then.

All the spells requested are finished and have been tested. They should all be MUI. They are not leakless as of yet....I will get to that and upload a leakless version soon.

Note: 1st spell "Charged Current" does not trigger on passive abilities.

Apart from that...I would say the only con is that my code is REALLY messy....
If you need any help/changes, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks for the mega opportunity to use hashtables.

View attachment 34153

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Alrighty then.

All the spells requested are finished and have been tested. They should all be MUI. They are not leakless as of yet....I will get to that and upload a leakless version soon.

Note: 1st spell "Charged Current" does not trigger on passive abilities.

Apart from that...I would say the only con is that my code is REALLY messy....
If you need any help/changes, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks for the mega opportunity to use hashtables.

View attachment 34153

Note one thing, Eleclipse isn't supposed to be channeling. You just have to activate it once and it'll release the Lightning Strikes periodically. And I suggest setting all configurable parts of the specific spell trigger (eg. damage) in variables at the event "A unit Starts the effect of an ability" for all spells. This would make editing easier for people :p

Anyways, nice progress :thup: Looks good overall

@killbuzz
Going to continue on the Triple Throw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.