Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Great game.

I'd definitely get it online for $20 if you need a game to play. Cheap and worth hours of fun.

The only problem is that any time I close the program or shut down my computer, I need to reinstall the game in order to play it again. Otherwise, I get the "missing or inaccessible data file" error.

Anyone know anything about this?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The game gets my thumbs up :thup: I used to love that game.

About your problem: That's very strange... Which operating system are you running?

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I'm running XP...

I don't understand what the problem could possibly be. I downloaded the full game through a purchase, so there's no way I coulnd't have the disc inserted.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you should try to redownload the installer file.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I have multiple times, but it seems on this reinstallation, it started working again. For now, that is...

Great game, indeed.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
This was one of my favorite childhood games as well.

I remember having tons of fun creating roller coasters, coming up with all kinds of cool ideas.

One of my designs was a coaster that starts around 80ft off the ground on top of a large cube of raised ground, and the track would go in and out of the cube at random areas. It made it look really cool when I enclosed the ceiling with Abstract theming, and you could see coasters coming out of the block where you least expected it.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Creating those kinds of coasters was always the most fun. XD
I also always enjoyed making hedge mazes but leaving squares open so I could put in towers to make it seem like a castle dungeon.

As it turns out, after a bout of frustration in which I had to close the game to get my computer running at full speed (though the game process is frozen when minimized), I need to reinstall it to play again. It's become a process. :banghead:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I only played the original Roller Coaster Tycoon and its expansions. I didn't buy the sequels because they didn't seem as appealing as the original.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The second one was just as good as the first, but the third one killed it for me...

The whole 3D thing didn't work well for the game. My dad and I used to play the first one for hours when I was a kid. I got it for my birthday one year. :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, 1 + 2 were great, but I did not enjoy the 3rd.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Yeah, 1 + 2 were great, but I did not enjoy the 3rd.

Why is that (in your opinion)? I was contemplating whether to buy 3 or not. I always enjoyed the tycoon series (even Railroad Tycoon).

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally did not like the newer graphics that they introduced. The gameplay was fairly similar though, with a few new features.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
The second one was just as good as the first, but the third one killed it for me...

QFT.
The second one is the best. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Man, my sister used to play this everyday, all night long :thup:
Then I got attracted to it. And also did my brother. We all used to like this game. Steel Mini Roller Coaster is definitely fantastic, although just a basic coaster, you could make great fun with it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.