Rooftop - Swedish Translation

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I know that there are some swedish people here. And I need help. I'll just write in swedish.

Finns det ett motsvarande ord för det engelska ordet 'Rooftop'?

Ni vet den översta planen i en byggnad. Den våningen som är överst och ligger "utomhus". Där folk typ tar självmord i filmer etc etc. Heter det så? Översta planen? Kan man isåfall också säga 'överplanen'?

En bild också ifall ni inte fattade. (If it's against the rules, delete this thread and I'll ask somewhere else. Sorry)

cityhall_sheraton_ledge_hand.jpg

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I checked flat roof on Wiki. Seems to be just a roof.. that's flat. And I can't use it. I'm using it for a story, and I want the reader to get the impression of a high building. And 'rooftop' seems to be more fitting, I just can't find the swedish version of that word.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
it looks like a really good video game, i have to admit, its nice. If you wrote it in English it might have been better for you

Zakyath

Reaction score
You might use "terasstak" while describing how it us up the roof, and can make the reader understand just high up your character is.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Nah, sorry to be a bastard here Zakyath but "takvåning" is actually a better translation of the word "rooftop";)

No, "takvåning" in english is penthouse. Takvåning often refers to the top floor inside of the building.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
No, "takvåning" in english is penthouse. Takvåning often refers to the top floor inside of the building.

Not necessarily "takvåning" in swedish may also be the roof, it is either that or "tak".

Zakyath

Reaction score
Yeah, that of course, "tak" is the best translation then^^

Depends on. Tak just says that it is a roof, while terasstak tells the reader what kind of a roof it is and how it looks, which in my opínion would be better in this situation.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hustaket? :)

Eller typ: "De sprang upp för alla trappor och när dörren framför dem öppnades var de ute på skyskrapans tak"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.