Ryoko TD v2.4 Released

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ryoko, you should NEVER think that. I don't know about the rest of the bloaks, but your TD is the best. Very balanced, alot mroe fun then those stupid TDs out there, and you put alot of hard work into it;). But I'm blowing smoke now, I'll let everyone else decide if they like it or not. Right'cho Govana!

B

bajsa

Ryoko

Well Ryoko, i play ur td like 10 times a day at minimum, trying to learn all races and such ;)... its such a fucking good td. so plz dont give up making more patches and such.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
If I could host I would play it, but I can't, so I can only play what games are hosted.

It's a pity that I am in a different time zone to yourself, or we might actually be able to arrange meeting times for playing your game......

S

Suicide_Note

just wisper me, ill host for you, ive never played it... but i can host for you (im usually up real late on the weekends.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to play Solo?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Very possible. If you play by yourself it will only spawn on your side. Why don't you jsut try it out and see for yourself?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I was planning to. I like winning TDs solo :D

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
2.3 has a nasty bug in the conditions, that don't control creep attacks.

Therefore, when they get mad, they keep killing towers until the creep dies, instead of attempting to move onward.

This is exclusive to 2.3 and a new version will be out very soon.

You can still play 2.3, but personally I get pissed off when I lose 4 towers at once in later levels.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

C

Cyclical

You can play it solo?? Why didn't I know this?!

I will, of course, be immediately downloading and giving feedback ASAP.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Time for some thread necromancy.

SD_Ryoko said:
I am getting a real 'don't care' vibe from this forum,

It seems to me that these forums have turned into a "come in, ask a few questions, then leave." kind of forum. What I mean is it used to be more of a "ask a few questions, get some feedback, give your opinions" type of forum. Only the General Discussion keeps this forum from just being a work forum to more of a community, but that forum has turned into a religious argument about who's religion is true or not. Besides the veterans, it seems everyone is ignoring the "feedback wanted" and tip type threads and turned into just getting their questioned answered. I'm not saying that this forum should be a fun forum, but it seems that if you don't post a question or a tip, then your post is considered spam.

I don't mean to come off like this is really bad or trying to offend anyone or saying it needs to change, just pointing out something. So please, don't take this the wrong way.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
It seems to me that these forums have turned into a "come in, ask a few questions, then leave." kind of forum. What I mean is it used to be more of a "ask a few questions, get some feedback, give your opinions" type of forum. Only the General Discussion keeps this forum from just being a work forum to more of a community, but that forum has turned into a religious argument about who's religion is true or not. Besides the veterans, it seems everyone is ignoring the "feedback wanted" and tip type threads and turned into just getting their questioned answered. I'm not saying that this forum should be a fun forum, but it seems that if you don't post a question or a tip, then your post is considered spam.

I don't mean to come off like this is really bad or trying to offend anyone or saying it needs to change, just pointing out something. So please, don't take this the wrong way.

Good thing I'm not in the religious argument anymore--is it still running? I left because I'm done in getting my point across that Evolution is a religion, but what the hey.

What are you suggesting exactly? General Discussion only has 1 Religious discussion (last I checked) so it has plenty of things to do. I plan to possibly start a text roleplaying RPG, or perhaps a map project that everyone can contribute to.

If you're saying that people should stop by more often to give their opinion on your map, I agree. And I'm certainly not getting as much opinion as I want on my wc3sear.ch models/skins either.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I'm not saying things need to change, but only the people I know and some of the veteran members who drop by often have been giving me feedback and suggestions, and the same goes for other "suggestions and feedback" threads.

About General Discussion, that's the only thing people have been posting on. Everything has been tried to be revived, but it isn't working. I too, have taken myself out of that discussion. Everyone has their own opinions and beleifs about things, and we have NO RIGHT to try to change people and try to get them to beleive what you do.

There is NOTHING with this, as this forum is designed as a helper, and I have no problem with helping people, I actually enjoy helping people work through their problems, but it seems lately people have been asking questions and not giving things like feedback, or AT LEAST trying to give some sort of opinion. Again, I'm not saying their really is anything wrong with coming here to get your questions answered, and I am probably being selfish about this, but it'd be better if we could share different opinions and feedback:).

I might come off as "I want people to focus on my stuff, and give ME feedback" but I don't, I'm just trrying to get a point across and using me as an example just because it's the first thing that pops into my mind. But like for my feedback thread, only a few people really commented on it and those were only veteran members and friends of mine, (please don't stop, I love your feedback no matter how many people commment on it) and I'm getting the same feeling as with Ryoko, and in the immortal words of our savior (I'm talking about Ryoko hehe), "I'm getting a real don't care vibe" about my map. ( For people who don't realize it, that "god" thing was a joke because Ryoko is so helpful)

AGAIN, I don't mean to come off like "these things should be changed" or "things should be centered around my work because my work is the most important" or anything, I'm jsut pointing this out.

C

Cyclical

EDIT: Conan, you appear to have updated at the same time as me - this post doesn't address your post immediately before it.

I'd just like to state that I'll be giving Ryoko feedback as soon as I get this off my chest, as that's what this thread's actually for. But the last 2 posts are somewhat bothersome.

I have to be honest with you guys who're upset about the 'revolving door' feel: that's what happens when you pop up on the first Google page of "Warcraft 3 World Editor Tutorials" (how I got here), "Warcraft 3 World Editor Help", "World Editor Walkthroughs", etc. In fact, I'd say the number of "just passing through" people is a complement to the site. Alright, granted, it doesn't get the number of useful people up; I can probably count the real "contributing members" on my fingers. (Do I count as one yet? When can I stop having anxiety?)

I know I haven't been a member very long. But I certainly hope I've been able to help people out with issues they've had with WE. After all, look at the URL in your browser - It's not "theWEfeedbackforum.net", "lookatmymapsandmodels.net", etc. WC3campaigns.com is there for that, and it dominates, in my opinion. But I definitely come here first when I have a question on how WE works, because I find it to be a much friendlier, less competetive, less judgmental place overall. I'll certainly give feedback on maps (AceHart, you gave me an aneurysm), and if someone posts a model I can use, I'll certainly let them know. But the problem with a small, closer-knit group of members is that you really don't get a litmus test on anything you do from them.

When I feel that my campaign is becoming a tangible product, I'll definitely post it here for feedback, way before it's even in beta form, because I personally don't find this to be as harsh a place as WC3Campaigns. And if no one cares to look, well, it's you people who helped me make this map so *shrug* - I feel you're entitled to see it first.

So that's just my $.02 on the matter. Personally, I think the member count speaks volumes about the caliber of the site and the people here. It's a low-res, non-flashy, simple vBB forum, yet there are close to 5,000 people who have decided they'd like to be a part of it. Whether they stayed or not is immaterial; people's interests change, new games come out, life happens, etc. But again, that's just my perspective.

Now then, onto Ryoko's TD

Let me begin by saying that I don't get on Bnet much and I am terrible at TD's, but this one's description was too good to resist. Easily the part I like most is the mini-games, which are excellent and incredibly creative. (My favorite one is the "Aliens" game - the Hudson .wav is hysterical. Oh, and the Seal Clubbing - I laughed out loud at that. And the Bunny Hunt. And... well, suffice it to say you outdid yourself.) Your use of customs brings the games to life. I shudder to think how long the triggering must have taken.

I'm definitely a storyteller, not a programmer. C'est la vie.

I regret to report that I couldn't get past level 11 with any race. Certainly I'll practice it some more, but TDs are not something I do well. The bloody spiders were always my death knell. Still, I'll seriously play it again just for the mini-games.

There are a couple small typos in it that I saw. I'm not sure how concerned you are about this, as most of Bnet seems to be illiterate 14 year olds wangsters anyway, but a couple were: "you must build siege towers to kill Fortified monsters"; in the tooltip for Dryads, it's spelled "Dyads", etc. If you want to hear it, I'll write down any others I come across.

And hopefully I'll be able to make it higher than level 11. :(

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ah sorry, Cyclical thank you for pointing that out. We are cluttering Ryoko's thread with off-topic discussions, which I have started. Sorry for that Ryoko, as I know I have done it before. I need to think before I post in someone else's thread. Ryko has gotten onto me before about this :eek:

Cyclical said:
I have to be honest with you guys who're upset about the 'revolving door' feel: that's what happens when you pop up on the first Google page of "Warcraft 3 World Editor Tutorials" (how I got here), "Warcraft 3 World Editor Help", "World Editor Walkthroughs", etc. In fact, I'd say the number of "just passing through" people is a complement to the site. Alright, granted, it doesn't get the number of useful people up; I can probably count the real "contributing members" on my fingers. (Do I count as one yet? When can I stop having anxiety?)

It doesn't necessarily bother me, as I've got no right to speak about people who come to this site. I'm not a mod, I'm not an admin, and I'm not a highly respected member, just some computer geek who comes to this site to help and get feedback. If you want to point out anybody at all, point out AceHart or Ryoko, as they are more of helpers, they know there stuff, and they aree more of helpers than they are a bother.

Cyclical said:
I know I haven't been a member very long. But I certainly hope I've been able to help people out with issues they've had with WE. After all, look at the URL in your browser - It's not "theWEfeedbackforum.net", "lookatmymapsandmodels.net", etc. WC3campaigns.com is there for that, and it dominates, in my opinion. But I definitely come here first when I have a question on how WE works, because I find it to be a much friendlier, less competetive, less judgmental place overall. I'll certainly give feedback on maps (AceHart, you gave me an aneurysm), and if someone posts a model I can use, I'll certainly let them know. But the problem with a small, closer-knit group of members is that you really don't get a litmus test on anything you do from them.

You've got that right, but www.wc3campaigns.com isn't that bad. The people there are pretty friendly, and most of the pros there will give you some really good advice without flaming you. The people there that do flame have gotten banned and nobody really cares about them. Www.wc3campaigns.com is more for props who want some expert advice (I'm not saying we don't have our experts, as we have some VERY intellegent people here) and Thehelper.net is more user-friendly.

I reread my posts and I do come off as somewhat as an arrogant jerk who is flaming the new users when I have no right, but I'm not trying to.
-----

Ryoko, let me say again I am deeply sorry for starting this damn discussion in your thread, as I know it can be very bothersome. But I will give feedback on your TD.

It starts out relatively easy which is good, but when the difficulty hits, it doesn't rise very quickly. I have gotten through it fairly easily, and the only problem I have with it is that it's smooth sailing near the end, and WAM! you have the bonus level and it's nearly impossible. So I suggest ramping the difficulty some more.

Your minigames are very unique, and make your TD all the better, but some are fairly simple at pooling gold and should be a little harder or less gold giveaway.

You already pointed out the fact of creeps attacking to much.

The Deathr ace seems to be a little more underpowered, as I could onyl get to level 5 with them... Maybe making their gold cost less or giving them more damage?

The only other thing I see is the icon for Ryoko is kind of crappy, maybe changing it perhaps?

Cycylical, try Earth, they are pretty easy.

I will soon, test your map very thoroughly for tooltip bugs and such, as I know you need the reports. Time to give a little back to you for all the helper you've given me and all the punishment you've had to endure from me;).

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
2.4 fix has been released. See one of the two download sites.

Thank you for all your comments.

Death: Build lich servant, Condemned Queen, and Tormentor. Then skele archer and skele warrior. Then upgrade the three first teir towers, place your infernal contraption after. You'll have it before the fort level and be fine.

Attachments

• RYOKO24.jpg
    RYOKO24.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 140
C

Cyclical

Holy crap. Now that's what I call mazing. Clearly we're in the presence of a master (never mind that it's his game, he ought to know how to play it :p)

I'll be trying that out straight away.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.