SC2 Price in Germany?

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Hi... Does anyone from europe know how much it's gonna cost in germany?
Maybe not exactly in germany, but in euros...

Ty...

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
In Holland the normal game will be €59,99 (or €54,99 pre-order)
and €99,99 (€89,99 pre-order) for the Collectors Edition.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just get the american version for low ... imports are cheap from euro countries. The german translation sucks anyways (at least the beta translation does ... dunno how that differs from when the game goes gold)

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
Just get the american version for low ... imports are cheap from euro countries. The german translation sucks anyways (at least the beta translation does ... dunno how that differs from when the game goes gold)

You're missing the current currency weakness: The Euro is soaring down to currently 1,27 USD/EUR (kudos to Hellas); given the extra shipping fees plus import taxes, you'll be lucky to actually beat German retail pricings. But you're right on the translation. Another issue is German USK hammering on every single red pixel in entertainment software unless it's supposed to represent the fluffy twinky-pinky suit of some red Teletubby (I think its called Poo or sth). Obviously, the German Version of SC will be cut to meet with kindergarten-standards - I can already imagine some late fixes before release changing guns, rifles and ammo to candy bars, lollipops and jelly babies in the hope of further maximizing sales numbers.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You're missing the current currency weakness: The Euro is soaring down to currently 1,27 USD/EUR (kudos to Hellas); given the extra shipping fees plus import taxes, you'll be lucky to actually beat German retail pricings. But you're right on the translation. Another issue is German USK hammering on every single red pixel in entertainment software unless it's supposed to represent the fluffy twinky-pinky suit of some red Teletubby (I think its called Poo or sth). Obviously, the German Version of SC will be cut to meet with kindergarten-standards - I can already imagine some late fixes before release changing guns, rifles and ammo to candy bars, lollipops and jelly babies in the hope of further maximizing sales numbers.
Hmm ... but let us not forget the pixelation and censorship of US imports when it comes to nipples ... :D

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

lol just buy it from the uk as every smart european :D
Ive ordered quite early when sc2 was at 21 pounds so now ill get 2 boxes of sc2 for less than 60 euros total (about 50-55 with shipping)
Ofc if you order now youll still get it for ~ 40 euros (compared to the 55 euros retail price in germany... which is still 5 euros below the recommended retail price :D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.