Spellpack Scarlet Crusader

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Scarlet Crusader
CrusaderPortrait.jpg

Official Website

Purpose
The Scarlet Crusader was my entry for the official Hero Contest that took place at wc3campaigns. It was built in such a manner that it could be implemented into an actual melee game as a neutral hero. It can also be used as an arena hero if a few balance tweaks are applied.

Story
Surviving members of the Order of the Silver Hand, the Scarlet Crusaders have taken a more aggressive path unlike their brothers, the Paladins. Though still not a real organization, the Scarlet Crusaders have gathered under a common cause to erradicate the Undead from Lordareon, for good. Still short in number, they fight even as mercenaries so that they can fulfill their purpose. It is rumored that they would sometimes fight (ironically) even under an Undead commander to ensure their survival.

Stats.jpg

Proper Names: Taelan Fordring, Aarlarg Trucesword, Bedivere Fairbanks, Galford Valdelmar, Sallion Whitemane, Isillien Tharwove, Saiden Dathrohan, Renault Mograine, Barean Westwind, Gwerdinar Trusthole

InsidiousBeacon.jpg
Insidious Beacon
Mana Cost: 120/125/130

Conjures a beam of negative damage at a nearby enemy that jumps to other enemy units too, and deals damage depending on the current amount of hit points lost. Each jump deals less damage.

Level 1 - 75% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 95, minimum 45, 4 jumps.
Level 2 - 100% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 150, minimum 90, 6 jumps.
Level 3 - 125% of target's lost HP damage, maximum 220, minimum 135, 8 jumps.

BloodMana.jpg
Blood Mana
Mana Cost: 85

Curses all the units in an area so that everytime they cast a spell, they receive an amount of damage. Can also affect friendly spellcaster, but the effect is polarized (healing). The damage/healing depends on the spell's mana cost.

Level 1 - Causes damage equal with 70% of the spell's cost. Lasts 17(12 for heroes) seconds.
Level 2 - Causes damage equal with 110% of the spell's cost. Lasts 23(15 for heroes) seconds.
Level 3 - Causes damage equal with 150% of the spell's cost. Lasts 26(18 for heroes) seconds.

Martirism.jpg
Martirism
Mana Cost: None

Gives the Crusader a chance to transfer half of the damage received to a nearby friendly unit. During Radiance, damage is absorbed/avoided and not transfered.

Level 1 - 14% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.
Level 2 - 28% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.
Level 3 - 42% chance to transfer/absorb half of the damage received.

Radiance.jpg
Radiance
Mana Cost: 200

Doubles the maximum hit points of the crusader, but the bonus slowly wears off with the spell. Also boosts all abilities (boost effect is colored in red in the description of each ability).
Lasts 45 seconds.

Credits
Special effects - Daelin
Textures & Icons - Blizzard

Update Log
2 February 2007
- fixed some leaks and compatibility of Radiance with items manipulating life.

3 February 2007
- Martirism no longer transfers damage less than 5. This is because poison cloud would eronately give on Martiric units a "we are under attack" alert.
- New missile effect for Insidious Beacon added.
- Implemented the custom icons into the map.
- Removed debug message after Radiance ended.
- New buff effect for Blood Mana added.
- New Martyrism target effect.

5 February 2007
- New effects for Radiance.
- New area effect for Blood Mana.
- Updated screenshot with the new SFXs.

7 February 2007
- Improved and cleaned Insidious Beacon missile movement code. It no longer uses trigonometric functions and wait period is much more accurate.

Have fun with the hero and leave comments and critics (regarding both the presentation (a.k.a this post) and the hero itself).

~Daelin

Attachments

• ScarletCrusader.jpg
    ScarletCrusader.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Scarlet Crusader.w3x
    232 KB · Views: 903

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Very nice but one question... How come that he has 80 in sight at night. Isn't 100 the min.?

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
I took these stats from Blizzard official site. It has sight just like any other normal hero (non-nightelven who have Ultravision).

~Daelin

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Proper Names: Taelan Fordring, Aarlarg Trucesword, Bedivere Fairbanks, Galford Valdelmar, Sallion Whitemane, Isillien Tharwove, Saiden Dathrohan, Renault Mograine, Barean Westwind, Gwerdinar Trusthole
[/HIDDEN]

Remove the hidden tag :p.

About the Hero, what can I say, I really like how you made it, the effects and the icons are really good-looking and, most important, it fits in a meele map. And btw, congrats for the victory over there at Wc3C ;)!

I

IKilledKEnny

Very nice. One suggestion, create some kind of visible effect on the are which Blood Mana is cast on. +REP from me!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Didn' t knew it won competition. It has interesting abilities ( But not something super innovative.), icons are nicely done too. Odd i don' t have much to say about it.
You actualy can pick that hero in melee game makes it most interesting.
I bet it has some wicked JASS in there like always :p

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Wow! This hero is very interesting.....if only Blizzard made if for Warcraft 3 TFT :p. The hero is awesome, nice spells, and everything!

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Yep, this is really good. I love the effects you made, kinda made me wish I had a working 3ds. The only thing that I don't like, is that the hotkeys for Insidious Beacon and Blood Mana are positioned very low.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Yep, this is really good. I love the effects you made, kinda made me wish I had a working 3ds. The only thing that I don't like, is that the hotkeys for Insidious Beacon and Blood Mana are positioned very low.

What, you mean:

Insidious Beacon => Insidious Beacon

H-Key: B to I

Blood Mana => Blood Mana

H-Key: M to B

Is that what you mean?

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
I am against I (usually vowels) as hotkey. Beats me why, but I found these the optimal hotkeys (B, N and R). You'll get used to them once you've played the Crusader a couple of times (same way I got used to the other heroes, such as the Warden which now is my favorite :D).

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
really a neat hero, well done, again

1337D00D

Haha, that last one sounds funny. Trusthole.
(No offense.)

Very exceptional hero though! :p

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
How did you make that cool datatable with the gold cost lumber cost and etc.?

Anyways it is very interesting

+Rep

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
What does 5 Star Bump mean?

Proper Names:
Krynn Lightfoot, Buckhead Tan, Joanna Hammerpoot, Revan Consius, Lightmey of the Crusaders, Jinwa.
Suckish names ^_^.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.