Selecting active spells (WoW)

San-D

Reaction score
I have a hero with 3 spellbooks, each containing different elemental spells (ice, lightning, fire) and a fourth spellbook that is called :"Active spells"
I was wandering, is it possible to select spells from the elemental books and trasfer them in the active spells, something like the WoW active spell system (from "1" to "=", u can put what spells u like, in the order u like). An idea will be highly appreciated, the trigger itself, even more.
10x in advance

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think with a window system you can make a row that you can click, but that's it.

San-D

Reaction score
I don't think so. I think with a window system you can make a row that you can click, but that's it.

The window system requires empty space on the map, that will be rendered useless, I dont have that space. I was thinking... maybe I could do a dummy spell, that selects 11 spells (there are 12 free slots in the spellbook, 1 is cancel) and puts them in the spellbook in that order ... or something like that.... can u add spells to spellbooks via triggers?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
The window system requires empty space on the map, that will be rendered useless, I dont have that space. I was thinking... maybe I could do a dummy spell, that selects 11 spells (there are 12 free slots in the spellbook, 1 is cancel) and puts them in the spellbook in that order ... or something like that.... can u add spells to spellbooks via triggers?

To add a single spell to a spellbook, make a new spellbook with the same orderId with only one spell in it. Disable the new spellbook for all players.

Now you can add that spell by adding the new spellbook to a unit.
To remove the spell, you simply remove the spell (not spellbook) from the unit.

There are some limitations to spellbooks. All spells will line up in the spellbook from the 0,0 slot through 0,1 0,2, 0,3 1,1 etc in the order which the spells were initialized in your map. Removing a spell will therefor shift all spells in the spellbook one slot to the left. You can add dummy disabled spells in their places if that is prefered.

The easiest way to make sure spells are initialized in the order you want on your map, make a unit with all spells that will be in spellbooks in the order you want them to appear in the spellbook. Place this unit on the map before any other units, and remove it at game start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.