Sci/Tech Shockwave-Generating Wave Discs Could Replace Internal Combustion Engines

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
there was an episode of southpark, where people that cause noise pollution are labeled as fags :d

guys they're not paying attention to us, we have to try harder! Brumbrumbprmhphrbrm
LOVE THAT EPISODE. they were bikers though.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Your point? It uses way less...

Nowhere in either article does it say it uses less. It uses the same amount but is more efficient, here is a direct quote:

The novel generator would use about 60 percent of fuel for propulsion, according to MSU. This is a dramatic improvement over typical car engines, which use only 15 percent of fuel for forward movement. The system could also make cars 20 percent lighter, improving fuel economy even more.

Facts:
- It will make the car lighter
- It is more efficient with potential to kinetic energy conversion (15 to 60%)

What does this mean? More mileage. At present time, cars are always boasting about how great their mileage is and how they are always improving it, does it change anything? No. In the end, it uses the same amount of fuel.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The thing I'm worried about is this:

Müller says the engine can be adapted to run on a variety of fuels, including hydrogen.
THIS is what I'm worried about, this is what would make oil giants buy it out.

Either way, I'm hoping it -doesn't- get bought out, because this is revolutionary.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
More efficient = less fuel by logical thought. In the end, you get significantly further on the same amount of fuel. Making it use less fuel.

And I don't really understand what you're arguing.....

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
/facepalm/

more efficient means it uses less fuel per a given distance...
dunno how to make it more clear then that

btw, innovations are sold to big oil by choice, not by force.
You act as if big oil shows up at someones doorstep with guns and takes thier schematics.
damn conspirators.

Varine

Reaction score
What is your definition of using less fuel then?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Then gas values plummet and the economy crumbles

Varine

Reaction score
Why would the economy crumble because of lower gas prices?

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Just because some people depends on gas for a living :D (petrol station guys, etc. [Some countries even if I'm not wrong])

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Just because some people depends on gas for a living :D (petrol station guys, etc. [Some countries even if I'm not wrong])

Not really. If a country is to successfully advance without needing as much fuel maybe the imports from other countries wouldn't even be necessary depending on fuel consumption.

Varine

Reaction score
In the event that this became mainstream it would likely cause business to build. Transport prices would go down for large companies (UPS, FedEx, etc, with large fleets) over time if they converted, meaning they could hire more. Shipping prices decrease, retail prices decrease. People sell more, more people are hired as a result, the circulation of money here is increased.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
Bottom line,

This is just a worthless piece of metal that isn't going to amount to shit.

Next thread please.

Varine

Reaction score
No, this is an extraordinary and long overdue piece of engineering that could be highly effective and almost revolutionary in the automotive industry and possibly have a significant impact on emissions.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
I do not agree. This revolutionary technology has been sitting on the shelf since 2009. Since then there has yet to surface 1 instance of verified video evidence of this device in operation, and operating within specification.
This is nothing more than an attempt to siphon funding under the umbrella of a media blitz touting unverified technology.

Varine

Reaction score
In order to verify technology, typically one requires funding. There is no reason the design can't work as they said, the only issue is how very exact everything needs to be in order for it to operate at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.