Simple Event question, +rep for answers

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
hey im making a dialog system for game displays (team scores, hero kills, dps, threat, etc) and its almost complete, but the issue im having is i was planning on using an event Var1 becomes equal to Var2 (like in wc3) where variable 1 would be just a basic variable in the initialization trigger, and Var2 would be an ID string for each module (determines wether or not its a team score window, a hero kill window, or any other specific one)

is this event still available?
Integer1 becomes equal to Integer2

GFreak45

Reaction score
Resolved... to bad i cant +rep me :p

Trigger:
  • Original trigger
    • General - For each integer Integer Loop 1 from 1 to G_Display Window Ammount with increment 1, do (Actions)
      • Actions
        • Dialog - Add list item G_Display Window Names[Integer Loop 1] to (Last created dialog item) for (All players)
        • Variable - Set G_Display Initializer = Integer Loop 1
        • Variable - Set G_Display Initializer Type ID = G_Display Window Type ID[Integer Loop 1]

Trigger:
  • Solution
    • Data Table - Save Score Window Initialization as ("G_D Mod ID " + (String(G_D M_S/K ID Number))) in the Global data table
    • General - For each integer Integer Loop 1 from 1 to G_Display Window Ammount with increment 1, do (Actions)
      • Actions
        • Dialog - Add list item G_Display Window Names[Integer Loop 1] to (Last created dialog item) for (All players)
        • Variable - Set G_Display Initializer = Integer Loop 1
        • Trigger - Run (("G_D Mod ID " + (String(G_Display Window Type ID[Integer Loop 1]))) from the Global data table) (Check Conditions, Wait until it finishes)

PS. This was not a bump or a double post, this is the post i reserved for my solution immediately after posting

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think so, you should try to attack your problem in some other way.

You could have the trigger without events and have a condition like: "Var 1 == Var 2".

Whenever you edit Var 2, you just run the trigger without the event and check conditions.

GFreak45

Reaction score
thanks siretu but i got it, it saves the triggers in the data table using the id then it runs a trigger based on the id of the window

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.