Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Because I can't find a Site Discussion Forum here, I decided to post a few things:

1) Who is going crazy and changing the titles of threads that mean nothing? e.g. Making Spells? (was: Hi im new)
2) Why has this started only just now? I wish I had the power to change threads...
3) Why can't I find the [noparse]
JASS:
[/noparse] tags when I write a post? It is annoying to have to write [noparse]
JASS:
[/noparse] all the time
4) We really need some better smilies...

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Because I can't find a Site Discussion Forum here, I decided to post a few things:

1) Who is going crazy and changing the titles of threads that mean nothing? e.g. Making Spells? (was: Hi im new)
2) Why has this started only just now? I wish I had the power to change threads...
3) Why can't I find the [noparse]
JASS:
[/noparse] tags when I write a post? It is annoying to have to write [noparse]
JASS:
[/noparse] all the time
4) We really need some better smilies...

Jass Tags use to be there I think it got removed.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I can't find a Site Discussion Forum
You didn't look hard enough. Moved.

1. Whoever is around. Mods have the right to do that if the thread title is not descripting enough.
2. It has been around ever since I know about this site.
3. This happened because of the move. The J button will come back at some point.
4. OK. And what exactly is needed?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Point 1, 2, and 4 are working as intended.

Point 3 should reappear soon enough.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
While we are on the topic can we upgrade the [noparse][/noparse] so that we can name the spoiler any thing we want? Like : [noparse][/noparse].

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
1. Phyrex I believe, first started doing that. Now maybe a lot of admins/mods do that because people don't know wtf the title means.

2. It didn't happen only now, it happened a long time ago too.

3. Same here, but we just have to bear with it for a while.

4. Nah, these are actually better than TheHive's and wc3camp's. These can express most expressions. Except Wtf. :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Allow me to quote some AceHart. Ahem:

Works as designed.

1. I change some titles.
2. Same as SFilip.
3. When Ace gets some time....
4. I don't think we really need more... don't think it would be difficult, though.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I can see three posts, which tell exactly the same thing as Sfilip's.

Oh, why?... (That's a rhetorician gasp)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
While we are on the topic can we upgrade the [noparse][/noparse] so that we can name the spoiler any thing we want? Like : [noparse][/noparse].

Isn't the spoiler button for ... uuuh ... spoilers? It shouldn't be mis-used to collapse whatever you're putting inside it?! :eek:

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
There, I found it. <3's to SFilip. I was looking for a category like Off-Topic or something like that.

Spoiler is useful. Change logs especially need it. If you don't wanna read 400 lines of stuff, just don't open the spoiler.

We need a smilie that has a dude holding a sign which says 'Dumbass' or something similar, so that we can post a link to The Rules and a Dumbass smilie.

I probably have a few posts where that would be an appropriate response...

If we could get GUI Trigger Tags, like Campaigns, I think that would help a bunch, even more so because most of the triggers posted here are GUI.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> We need a smilie that has a dude holding a sign which says 'Dumbass' or something similar, so that we can post a link to The Rules and a Dumbass smilie.

How about no?

> If we could get GUI Trigger Tags, like Campaigns, I think that would help a bunch, even more so because most of the triggers posted here are GUI.

I think this has been discussed before. And even attempted.
Nothing's come of it, though.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Spoiler is useful. Change logs especially need it. If you don't wanna read 400 lines of stuff, just don't open the spoiler.
If you're using the browser search in order to find some text inside the page, you won't get any matches. Really useful button indeed.

EDIT: As for the smilies, I'd suggest the following ones:
shoot_self_head.gif

mecker.gif

eek2.gif

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I know know :\ These smilies have been here so long, I think they are Xenophobic so I don't think that would work.

Though I'm sick of the spoiler used unless it is for a spoiler or large pictures.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Though I'm sick of the spoiler used unless it is for a spoiler or large pictures.

So, we need some spoiler police!
Citations. In the form of -rep.
"Member XXYY, you have incorrectly used a spoiler tag."
*Writes on a piece of paper*
"Here is your ticket."

What? :p

I don't really care. It's a button!

The only reasonable argument I've heard is that it excludes words from searches....

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
1 and 2). I guess I made a mistake in thinking this had just started, because I had seen some really retarded titles NOT get changed.

And I second the Jaw Drop smilie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.