SoD - Eragon Realms - Project

Q

Quadmxracer

uberfoop said:
IMO taurens dont really work for urgals. besides, can you just imagine how dumb a bunch of tauren models streaming out of a chokepoint would look? if i were doing this, id use grunts. but meh, w/e.

I had thought about this before, and i didn't think that the grunt really seemed to fit right as an urgal. the urgals really seem to be much bigger than grunts, and it would make them a lot less imposing if they were grunts. If the map is built right, then chokepoints should not be much of a problem, there will be enough room.

I guess if N1gh7m4r3 thinks this might be a problem though, we could make urgals orc, and the Kull Tauren, that way there won't be as many Tauren, and shouldn't cause any problems.

Thx for the comments, if anyone else has some, please post it. After all, we are still making ideas, and are flexible with what we do still.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Quadmxracer said:
I had thought about this before, and i didn't think that the grunt really seemed to fit right as an urgal. the urgals really seem to be much bigger than grunts, and it would make them a lot less imposing if they were grunts. If the map is built right, then chokepoints should not be much of a problem, there will be enough room.

I guess if N1gh7m4r3 thinks this might be a problem though, we could make urgals orc, and the Kull Tauren, that way there won't be as many Tauren, and shouldn't cause any problems.

Thx for the comments, if anyone else has some, please post it. After all, we are still making ideas, and are flexible with what we do still.

Don't forget that also we can make smaller taurens to urgals, but Taurens are more... Urgal, lol than orcs (my first thought but I redemed to taurens ^^).

I'll try to skin a model, I will post here when done (first time ^^).

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
You can adjust scaling values of units so size does not matter in the slightest bit. Use the units that resemble the book ones the most then adjust scaling value for size.

Help Tropical Tag!

E

Elthanor

This is such an awesome project!!!

I found this, very helpfull if we are stumped about the look of Urgals, still kinda confusign at times tho.

http://www.shurtugal.com/index.php?id=education/urgalsandshades

This is something from the Prologue in the book about the Urgals...

They resembled men with bowed legs and thick, brutish arms made for crushing. A pair of twisted horns grew above their small ears.”

For the Kull: please correct me if i'm wrong, but they are really just the elites in the Urgal society. If this is the case, then maybe the first Tauren i posted (the one with all the armor) could be a Kull. I'll also look into other possibilities of course, but like you, im kinda stumped too, and don't no exactly what should be used yet.[/QUOTE]

Grunt or turen.. they both match. Grunt are more Human, but turen for the brutish arms and stuff, also with horns... I think we should look or ask for a moddler who cna mix them. lol, that would be hard.

Kulls, just depents on the Urgal models i guess. Ill looking around models and skins, let you know when i find anything.

As for Durza, eh... forgot he had red hair, (been a while since read the book) but anyways, i still think those are some of the better skins for durza, and hope that it will be easy for u to fix the hair, thx.

That will be easy, i think ill use the basic skin of one you found, but add read hair, and maybe add a sword thought triggering to see what it will look like.

For the dwarf that you said u like:http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=1877&sid= is pretty cool, maybe it can be used, but personally i was trying to stay away from the hammer-and-axe weapons of the dwarf because they are usually too much like the regular dwarfs in the game, the hammer usually looks WAY too big to handle properly, and (although this could be very wrong, and i'm sry if it is) i don't exactly think the dwarves in the books used both hammer and axe at the same time. Thats just what i thought of course.

Well, the link i gave and the image is for the guy on the left I think, not the dwarf in the middle. The one on the left and right with the hammer. I can also resize the hammer/ax easly with this Modeling program i wound. Ill test some things. Oh, and I can also edit the Mountion Kings model to remove the ax and add a hammer if you want. Just an idea.

I suppose for Eragon and/or Murtagh Arthas might work, but why i was thinking a Blademaster skin with human color was because, in the book, they are really fast fighters, and more "dance" when dueling than just normal strikes, and i thought the Blademaster represented that better.

The "dance" thingy is true, they say that alot, but for me, I think a blademaster with a human colored reskin looks really strange... thats just me. Ill show you later sin that would match one of them. I think its really cool, reskin combo i did, looks awesome. When i Have more time, ill show you guys it.

The twins will take some time, really hard. Saphira will be easy, ill just recolor the red, of just use the blue and make it a little different, and there we have her.

I say ill do alot of stuff, as in skin, model editing, terrain, but i know if im inspired, which I am alot righ now, i can do what i said i would! Just give me a few days, its Xmas today and all, really busy! Today its Xmas... lol, i would have so much done!

So, some things ill do when i get the chance-Reskin Durza, Urgal, Saphira. Model Editing for Dwarf. Look for Twins, more Ideas for Eragon and Murtagh, i think thats about, it, oh well. Ill start some ASAP! I promise!!!

Elthanor

PS-After we have the Skins and Models, i cna make some Icons!! I made some basic ones, so yah...

E

Elthanor

Hey, Iv been working on the terrain, something Night sent me, so here is some pictures

Terrain1.jpg

Terrain2.jpg

CopyofTerrain3.jpg

CopyofTerrain4.jpg

Please commnet on it, i still feel its missing something... please let me know.

And here is some skins i worked on, I try to make a Durza, shorta looks strange, but ill show you anyways.

Durza.jpg

Here is the Arthas skin i remade, its basicly 2 skins i used, and merge them together, looks pretty cool!

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&ID=4556&sid=00f0497c771577b615a3b298ce9d483f
(Could be used for maybe Eragon or Murthag, or someone els.)

And i did a little big with the first urgal skin recommended by Quadmxracer, just removed some chainmail, but i still think i need to remove the helmed, and the back totems, wich i might have to though editing. Ill try to remember to do that.

UrgalBIg.jpg

And a reskin and remodel for Saphira. The Landed Dragon model i recommended, I just got it to work.. for me, the first second it looks good, but after watching it do the stand animation, and walk... really bad. Its boxy. fat, and NOT the wild awesome saphira in the book. Thats just me... we could always have her fly around... but a dragon on land would be pretty cool.

Saphira.jpg

N

N1gh7m4r3

Elthanor Great Work, we now need more helpers, we wil start triggering th map as soons as the terrain is complete, so currently we need:

- Terrainer to make the inside part of FarthenDur (Can be more than one, in that case talk with elthanor, he is the manager of the terrain and visual settings)

Thx to everyone, especially to Quadmxracer, Rad and to our Terrain Manager. Elthanor.

CLOSED DONT REPLY HERE ANYMORE PLZ use ☼IgT☼ Thread!

THX!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.