SoD - Eragon Realms - Project

N

N1gh7m4r3

CLOSED DONT REPLY HERE ANYMORE PLZ use ☼IgT☼ Thread!

THX!!

Attachments

• Gates of Farthen Dur.JPG
    Gates of Farthen Dur.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 411
N

N1gh7m4r3

Map Helpers

In here I will post all the names of people who help me.

To be part of the project just reply to this thread with this info:

MSN Messenger
What you want to do for this project.
E-Mail (if not the same of msn msgr)

☼IgT☼ - Ignasia Team Members:
  • Quadmxracer - Ideas (Plz get msn msgr :p).
  • Elthanor - Lead Terrainer (Terrain and Graphic issues should be directed to him)
  • Rad - Trigger Maker (I need your info plz).

Credits:
  • Quadmxracer - Battle of Farthen Dur Idea
  • Rad - Gameplay Modes and tips.

Q

Quadmxracer

Farthen Dur?

I have read the Eragon books too. It is a cool map idea, and at first you had me stumped on how you could make a map based off of Eragon, and make it an AOS type map. But after a little bit of thought, i started thinking of the battles in the book. That would be the best place to start, (since AOS maps are really just a continuous battle after all).
Personally, i think Farthen Dur would be a great map. It would have to be a cave style map, and you could build an underground city. This would be new (the underground city part) and it would also be based off of AOS type gameplay like you wanted. The "spawns" could be wholes in the tunnels around the outer edges of the map (again using the AOS type spawn system), but it would be new because it would not be one side vs. the other (ex. right vs. left), but it would be the outer edges against a central city. Another reason this would be a cool system is also because it could be set up to be a lot like a Defense and siege map as well as AOS, possibly using a little of gameplay from both styles.
If you want ideas of other battles just ask and i'll try to think of other one's, but i think Farthen Dur would be great.

I was just wondering though, will you be planning on using the heros based off of the characters from the books or not.

Thats all for now, but im sure if i can get more details i could think of more ideas to help.

Rad

Reaction score
I really hate the idea of it just being another AoS, maybe you could have it like an aos with 2 bases and spawnies.... But instead of the objective to destroy the other base have different modes, maybe like halo/cs/etc. Capture the flag (Take flag +1, Return flag +1, Capture flag +10... flag gives -10% move speed), territories (Zones which are held for points)...

Then you can have some more custom ones like, Protect the King where the base has a keep with guards and the king inside where you have to kill the king. Then I guess you can just have the classic "AoS" type, should call it War Mode or something though (I hate the word AoS as it reminds me of a word I hate 10x as much 'DotA')

N

N1gh7m4r3

I think Ill need to rename the map (not the project). Any Ideas welcome =).

Thx both of you!

First I want to say that Farthen Dur was a great Idea, thx dude :p .
The game modes, I had already thought on them but thx for new ideas.

AoS maps are great but I wqant sometyhing diferent, I don't want to make a clone of DotA.

Everyone must kow Ryoko TD 2, I want to make minigames like that, I mean, in regular (or not so regular depends) intervals some mini game will be pumped to everyone, the minigames would be parts of the story (like the prologue).

It's just an Idea. xD

I don't want to make a map alone, not cause I can't do it alone (I really can't but thats not all ^^) that's cause I don't think that one single person would be able to make a good map, nones perfect, me neither xD

So any contribuitors who would like to participate, just tell.

Q

Quadmxracer

Further on the ideas

Rad said:
I really hate the idea of it just being another AoS, maybe you could have it like an aos with 2 bases and spawnies.... But instead of the objective to destroy the other base have different modes, maybe like halo/cs/etc. Capture the flag (Take flag +1, Return flag +1, Capture flag +10... flag gives -10% move speed), territories (Zones which are held for points)...

Then you can have some more custom ones like, Protect the King where the base has a keep with guards and the king inside where you have to kill the king. Then I guess you can just have the classic "AoS" type, should call it War Mode or something though (I hate the word AoS as it reminds me of a word I hate 10x as much 'DotA')

Those are some good ideas. I think they would work really well in a cave system (if you keep the Farthen Dur idea). ex. capture the flag, you can have the flag spawn at a fixed location, or maybe at a random cave rooms that you have set, pinging to the team the flag belongs to where it is, but not letting the other team know where it is. This kind of adds an extra variability and difficulty to an already well established capture the flag type gamestyle.

For a Territories style game, the cave rooms would also make for a new style of gameplay (maybe having some secret entrences to certain rooms), and there can be multiple ways of getting to some areas, and few ways for getting to others (like the main base for each team)

For a Protect the King style game, there will have to be a big "cavern" if you will, for the people who are on the team that spawn in the outer edges of the map, and the central city should have many entrances, adding to the difficulty to defened it, and making it more balanced since the other team is spread out along the outer region of the map. (this will also take affect in the other modes too)

Another idea might be to have a a lot of cave rooms, all connected together, with two main areas (one for each team), and in each cave room, have a different (or random) mini game.

p.s: Rad, when you see AoS, try to think of the starcraft protoss history where it is the struggle between the protoss clans when the Xel'Naga left them,(where it originally came from), instead of that map (that i don't like either) that i won't mention. :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Rad said:
I really hate the idea of it just being another AoS

Although Rad's ranting against DotA and all other AoS maps (like MY only produced map :p) annoys the piss out of me, I gotta go with him. I read the books too, and I can't say I like the idea of you turning those two pretty damn good books into ... Just an AoS.

Maybe a REALLY big AoS that's actually an rpg? Like... Constant chaos everywhere, because of all the battles and whatnot, all the while acting out the story, through chaos and misery, and whatnot...

Just a thought.

Go crazy.

Hahaha.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Ok, I decided to maintain the Farthen Dur Battle on an Underground Theme.

For now I have the Following modes:

(See main post plz, I dont want to spam)

Regards, N1gh7m4r3

N

N1gh7m4r3

Pre-Alpha Eragon Realms Map (scrach)

This is NOT a finalversion in any ways

This is just an Idea, I hope to see more ideas =) thx

(image attached)

Attachments

• prealpha_eragonrealms_map.JPG
    prealpha_eragonrealms_map.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 364
N

N1gh7m4r3

SoD - Eragon Realms - Project (Updated)

Just Bumping, I edited the main post.

Have Fun ;)

Rad

Reaction score
# Trigger maker (needed triggers listed here)

* Random Team Mode (players will be teamed randomly)
* Maybe some Mini-Games (Ideas needed first)

# Spell Ideas / Spell Maker
# Mini-Games Ideas / Mini-Games Maker

Ehh I can make triggers, or at least help.. Ill make em if they arent already started (I have alot of trouble trying to figure out wth people are trying to do, usually when it doesnt work).
Random teams and most minigames I can handle, the rest pretty easy.. gotta go right now but keep in touch, PM/Email/messanger (all)

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
can't wait to see this done.

just wondering, will the game be a "spoiler" if you know what i mean?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
This sounds lame but I'll give theoretical help, but nothing technical. Im fairly busy with my own maps, but I find im quite good at realising things others don't that could be potential problems in the future. And I can put my legs behind my head and make sweet beats. Your gonna need someone who can do those.

:cool:

Rad

Reaction score
Uhh put your legs behind you head to do wha... nvm i dont want to know.

ANYWAYS

Yeah I'm pretty open for work... although christmas is coming up, not sure if we are going anywhere... other than that I'm pretty free (Other than other games and stuff)

Q

Quadmxracer

More ideas/clerification

Demonfaze said:
can't wait to see this done.

just wondering, will the game be a "spoiler" if you know what i mean?

No, the game should not be a "spoiler". The game is BASED off the the book Eragon, (more precisely, the battle of Farthen Dur in the book), but should not give anything important away. N1gh7m4r3 said, "I don't want to stick to the book, I want to be creative, I don't want to follow the story, I want a competitve map". The map is not set in stone, so i don't no how much of Eragon might be reflected in the game, but the only giveaways might be names of characters that you don't meet until halfway into the book, and maybe cirtain events that might happen during the battle. Depending on how much N1gh7m4r3 does take from the book, the only chance of a spoiler would be if he takes the ending of the battle from Eragon and makes the ending of the game close or the same, personally i think this should not be done for precisely that reason. Given that there are plans of having options of mini-games and multi-play styles, it should be easy to work around giving away anything important from the book.

N1gh7m4r3, the map looks pretty good. It is a simple design that is easy to minipulate since we are just in the idea stage. so good work :)

I think a cool idea would be to set various traps in the cave system. Some could be based for the defense of the city, but others could be random events that hurt anyone within damage radius.

Secret passages would also be nice. Nothing cheap where you could all-of-a-sudden apear within the enemy base, but just between some of the smaller tunnels so you could get to an adjacent tunnel without having to walk around a whole block (if you can find the secret tunnels that is).

Another possible idea, would be either to have a play style where you have to sabatog, (sry, can't think of proper spelling of the word) cirtain areas (spawn points for units?), to win the game. Or you can use that in the normal play style. exactly how a sabatog system would work, im not sure yet.

As for more ideas... I think some more information on what you wanna do with the map will help, Like...
1. What do you want to do with heros (use heros from the book, or make custom heros)
2. What do you want to use for skins for the heros (skins already in the game, or custom skins) personally i think custom skins would be best if possible (i'll try to look for some on wc3search).
3. Do you want to integrate non-spoiler events from the book into the game (if so, i can re-read/think of some possibilities)
4. What kind of triggers would you like to see in the game other than the basic AoS type trigger (I think having some terrain affect like cave-ins where a pit opens under the enemy feet, and wholes that open in the ground that Urgals spawn out of when they take an area or an event happens)
5. What kind of spells are you looking for. Do you want spells based off of things used in the book, custom spells, or both?

Well that all for now, but im sure i can come up with more ideas later, especially if i can get more specific (like on things i listed above).

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
if you ever get around to it, I can make half decent spells, and can trigger rather well

but im poo on ideas

anywho, just thought I'd throw that out there

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
this sounds great, only problem is that based on the booms farthen dur probably wouldnt even fit into a 1028x1028 map, but hey, it could work. you better be a good terrainer or some eragon fanatics are gunna be pissed though lol.

Rad

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Although Rad's ranting against DotA and all other AoS maps (like MY only produced map :p) annoys the piss out of me, I gotta go with him.

Make another map then?... Its not that I hate all AoS's its just I hate all AoS's because 90% are inspired by dota and 99% are boring (Actually, I find all AoS's boring because all you do is kill units and other peoples hero, and die. Really nothing else to it... you can argue but thats the main part of them all).

this sounds great, only problem is that based on the booms farthen dur probably wouldnt even fit into a 1028x1028 map, but hey, it could work. you better be a good terrainer or some eragon fanatics are gunna be pissed though lol.

Large maps like that never work out.... is that limit even allowed? Anyways, if you only have a hero to control 1028x1028 means that roughly 16million copies of the hero will fit into the map... I think you could copy a map of the world into that size with average details.. like the grand canyon

I suggest the map not even be epic. I hate people who say "Im making an epic RPG!" because reality is they never finish, the terrain or enough units to fill it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.