Soda Lyte

CaptDeath

Reaction score
First off can there be a unforeseeable side effect to adding 2 parts water to one part soda? is it a good thing?

Soda Lyte is what i call it when i take 1 part soda and add two parts water to the regular bottled soda cause its more saturated any ways.
still tastes fine so no comments please :D

all i want to know is can i get hurt from doing this.

call me cautious.

thanks for any/all help.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I don't see any possible problems with this, seeing as Soda is mostly water as it is (it can't react with water or anything to create new substances).

AS you said, you will just get watered down soda, or as we call them up here in Canada, Soft Drinks :)

P.S. Its better to be cautious than to be DEAD!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The PH will change drastically and suddenly, causing the carbon that's used to in the carbonation to become highly unstable. So do what you want man, I would recommend just drinking it straight, and maybe just no drink it as much?

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I think it would taste pretty funky, but you do put ice in soda and water is extremely neutral to stuff outside of say pure potassium, so I don't know what harm could come from mixing any potable liquid into soda.

The PH will change drastically and suddenly, causing the carbon that's used to in the carbonation to become highly unstable. So do what you want man, I would recommend just drinking it straight, and maybe just no drink it as much?

You got it all wrong. The caramel coloring would react with the carbonation AND the water causing Extremodangeousoxide, which is very poisonous and can lead to cancer of the big toe if taken for a long period of time. Source.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Soda + Water = Pure Gold.

You have discovered the ability to create gold, alchemists have searched for years trying to find this mieracle formula... (little did they realize that if gold was mass produced, it would have no value...idiots...)

God bless America...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Whatever you do, stop drinking this! It results in the formation of Dihydrogen Monoxide, which can be very damaging to your liver! :p
(little did they realize that if gold was mass produced, it would have no value...idiots...)
But Gold is a very unreactive metal. Price would drop, sure, but it would still be used for all sorts of things which more reactive metals are currently used for :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.