Some problem need to seek for help

canons200

Reaction score
my map is on beta testing now, but i find out some problem.

1) i make a warning message appeared when my building is attacked. But the warning message appears even if the enemy is GOING to attack but not yet successfully lauch the attack. Just as the event Unit - A unit Is attacked.

Trigger:
  • Crystal Warning
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 9 (Gray) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Crystal)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Crystal = (Picked unit)
          • Trigger - Add to Crystal Warning 2 <gen> the event (Unit - Crystal Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Crystal Warning 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 0.50 seconds the text: |c00ff0000Crystal is damaged.|r

i do use the GDD as well, but same result as above, any clue?

i add GDD part, any wrong?
GDD part
Trigger:
  • Crystal Warning GDD
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamagedUnit) Equal to Crystal
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 0.50 seconds the text: |c00ff0000Crystal is damaged.|r

(Solved)

2) The enemy like to attack the magician(hero) rather than warrior(hero). It will make warrior kinda useless as their main job (tanking) is now "pass down" to the magician. I hear someone say that the unit Stats - Priority can control the enemy to attack the which hero should be attacked first. But how do i set it?

3) i want to make a victory cinematic and losing cinematic. I search around but can't find the guide to make cinematic. Anyone know? (Solved)

4) now i want to trigger the following action, but i don't know how to trigger.
*i have a MULTIBOARD in game, it has many information, include kill count. The action is that i want to pick up the highest kill count among all player and do my action. So how i detect the highest kill count?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
1. thats weird but this should fix it,

add a condition, Event damage greater than 0.00

canons200

Reaction score
to cleezzz
i can't find a condition event damage greater than 0.00, mind you point out where is it?

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I know exactly how to fix your problem, because I had the same problem in my Castle Defense map! Heres how:
In the first line of actions, put Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
then somewhere in the middle, or at the end after waiting for, say, 1 second, then turn it back on. Then it'll only show up once and then again only after 1 second.

Plus, you're over-complicating such a simple trigger. One trigger can do just fine.
For the cinematic, go to www.world-editor-tutorials.com

canons200

Reaction score
I know exactly how to fix your problem, because I had the same problem in my Castle Defense map! Heres how:
In the first line of actions, put Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
then somewhere in the middle, or at the end after waiting for, say, 1 second, then turn it back on. Then it'll only show up once and then again only after 1 second.

Plus, you're over-complicating such a simple trigger. One trigger can do just fine.
For the cinematic, go to www.world-editor-tutorials.com

first, thank for the cinematic help.

But regarding to my show message, it is not that it keeps spamming. The problem is that >>> The message appears when the enemy is trying to attack the building even through they never successfully lauch the attack to building.

If you can't get what i mean. See below

Enemy is approaching my building. Building HP is full, 1000/1000. When the enemy reachs about 600 range away from my building. The message appears that my building was damaged HOWEVER my building HP is still full. 1000/1000.

The message appears when enemy is TRYING to attack my building. What i want is that >>> the message appears when my building HP is reduced.

canons200

Reaction score
sorry for double posting. Because i don't want to create a new topic for my 4th question. On the same time i hope someone can solve my other problem as well. Anyway my 3rd problem is solved.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
its a 'Real' comparison

Code:
(Damage taken) Greater than 0.00

i dunno how it works in GDD though, thats the response to the event Unit Takes Damage

I looked it up, and its also a Real comparison

Code:
(GDD_Damage) Greater than 0.00

also, i doubt its the Event's or GDD's fault, you probably have a trigger that activates on 'A Unit is attacked' which triggers the event and gdd

canons200

Reaction score
1) i found the damage taken greater than 0. But it still remain the same, warming before the enemy successfully lauch the attack.

2) i have many event that run 'A Unit is attacked', but those are all hero ability, none of them related to building. Will they mix up with GDD?

xXGauntletXx

Reaction score
#4. Search thehelper's tutorial site. There's a multiboard on there somewhere.

#2. Go to object editor, find your unit, then set it's priority.

canons200

Reaction score
#4. Search thehelper's tutorial site. There's a multiboard on there somewhere.

#2. Go to object editor, find your unit, then set it's priority.

hmm, i hope that you do really read through what i had written.

#4) i know to make multiboard, also know how to change the value of mutliboard, but the problem is >>>>>>>> i need an trigger that pick up the highest kill count in my multiboard.

Those tutorial teachs me how to make / change value, which i already known. If you do know the excatly what i want, please post it here, thank you

#2) yeah, i also know go to object editor, find my unit, and set it priority. But the problem is that >>>>>> what number should i key in? 0? 1? 2?

i even find it out that, no matter tanker number is 1, magician number is 20 OR tanker nunber is 20, magician number is 1.....................the enemy are EAGER to attack the magician.............

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.