Some unknown measurement replaced pixel measurement in Galaxy.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Distances, speed and almost anything you can think of that is measured by px in Warcraft's World Editor is now another kind of measurement. What do you think about it?

It's pretty confusing for me. I've been using a pixel ruler to help me with some map making and now I don't know how fast 100.00 is in movement speed.

Let me try now.

Update: I knew it... It was insanely fast.

Reaction score
I was stomped wondering why offset by 500 was not creating any units in the actual map. This really surprised me.

In Warcraft 3, a distance of 100 was roughly a peasant's width. Think they changed it to distance of 1 is roughly an SCV width.

Update:
Indeed, creating an SCV in a point, and another one in the same point offset by 1 creates them quite next to each other.

Another way to look at it is that since they introduced them as floating points, you can transform Warcraft 3 speeds/distances to Starcraft 2 equivalents by dividing by 100.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
A square in Warcraft 3 was 128 by 128. (where you can conveniently fit a tower on.)

A square in Starcraft 2 is 1 by 1. (A bunker is 3x3 squares and a depot is 2x2.)

Speed is obviously distance per second.

Note that units now have to accelerate to reach a speed. I think this goes at <acceleration> speed per second, but you could just dump it to 1000 and it's close enough to instantaneous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.