Spell Trigger Wont Work

megaflame566

Reaction score
Everything works fine untill it gets to Order Dummy to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Aerial shackles any help :/

Trigger:
  • Bite
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Life Drain
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Aerial Shackles to Dummy
      • Unit - Order Dummy to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Aerial shackles (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
first thing to check is the targets allowed, mana cost, range, etc of your aerial shackle spell in object editor.

next to mention is that your trigger is leaking and will most probably not remove the dummy unit.

instead of "Unit - Remove (Last Created Unit) from Game" you should do "Unit - Add 5.00 seconds expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)" this way you wont need the wait.

and to clean the leaks you would need a temporary point variable set to the position of the triggering unit to spawn your dummy at. if you dont know what i am talking about use the search function for "leaks" or "memory leaks".

megaflame566

Reaction score
It was the mana haha and about expiration timer and remove point i did that right after i posted haha but can you help me with one more thing im trying to make it so if the hero stops channeling the spell so does the dummy this is what i tried so far

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Life Drain
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Bite <gen>

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
2 possibilitys:

Easy one:
(if the spell doesnt need to be MUI but only MPI)
save the dummy which is casting the spell in a unit variable for each player, if the hero stops casting remove the dummy unit.

More Advanced one:
(Makes it fully MUI)
give the set rally point ability, raw code 'Aral' to your dummy unit and make the dummy unit set its rally point to the hero once its created. now when the hero stops casting pick all units which rally point matches the hero and remove them if they are of the dummy unit type.

i hope you understood.

megaflame566

Reaction score
I just went with the easy trigger haha thanks but i have one more question heh :) im trying to make a breath of frost spell and i downloaded a missile for it but it stays on the ground even if the dummy is in the air

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
i dont think 'normal' sfx are adjusted to the casting unit's height. you will need to trigger the projectile instead..

mapguy

Reaction score
MAN!

seryous!

read some tutorials!

you triger is full of leaks and will crash the game!

and if ur trying to make an AOS as your first map... LOL!
don't try it, because in the future U'll have soo much bugs to correct that it's easyer to start a new map.

try doing symple maps fastto finish in the beggining. when u become a good maper than u try and AOS, RTS or tower defense...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.